The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well no wonder, if it would mean their house is worth £900k 🤑🤑🤑
But will they…?
a) “Put it on a credit card”?
b) extend their already huge (?) mortgage on their joint “£70k salaries”
c) Pay a visit to the bank of mum and dad and hide the true size of it online?
Answers on a postcard 🤭

fyi, if you know someone’s had work done to their house that requires planning permission and you know which council area they live in, you can often do an “advanced search” on the planning portal website using the applicant’s surname.

Reactions: 5
I love the fact that if you Google the frugality and the area she lives in, tattle comes up on the first page 🤣
I found this article, apparently grease boy used to be an actor!?

Reactions: 2
Looking at her neighbour’s, her house looks so much smaller than theirs. No idea why, perhaps the disproportionate kitchen and furniture?

Reactions: 3
Looking at her neighbour’s, her house looks so much smaller than theirs. No idea why, perhaps the disproportionate kitchen and furniture?
I think it’s the fact that they’ve laid it out so well and they have the extra floor. Plus although there’s still quite a bit in there it’s not clutter….just much more tastefully done

@knickerbocker glory yep

Not sure she has done a two storey extension. All the houses around here have that exact shape at the back. It looks exactly like the back of ours and we certainly haven't extended it.

The street is in a tricky catchment area for schools though, especially for secondary.

Thinking about it for real frugality she could highlight stuff like the Turkish restaurants on Green Lanes where you can eat really cheaply or one of the independent cafes.
Hahaha, Green Lanes...for Alex? Too grubby. I bet the only place she deigns to patronise is the Dusty Knuckle for her potato sourdough.

Hornsey for girls would be the obvious for Peggy, not sure about Cato though. We've just moved out of the area, partly for that reason.

I wonder if the neighbour's moving because Alex's double height extension blocks the south and westerly light onto their roof terrace.

• Haha
Hahaha, Green Lanes...for Alex? Too grubby. I bet the only place she deigns to patronise is the Dusty Knuckle for her potato sourdough.

Hornsey for girls would be the obvious for Peggy, not sure about Cato though. We've just moved out of the area, partly for that reason.

I wonder if the neighbour's moving because Alex's double height extension blocks the south and westerly light onto their roof terrace.
Hahah neighbour’s objections is uncalled for. Their home have the same extension, so they are chatting tit

Now she’s “holiday bound” 🙄 that’s he dad in the background of the airport picture. He’s been on Mallorca for the whole week so 💯 the grandparents didn’t take the kids and she followed out later. She’s just cringe the entire way through. She would have defos had a fight with her sister about tagging her! Wonder if she’ll start again now she’s allowed to be in Mallorca!

Reactions: 6
There’s been no chat at all about schools, getting Peggy into a decent school etc, which I’m sure we would have heard all about so my bet is the private school fees will be paid for by her parents…

Reactions: 9
There’s been no chat at all about schools, getting Peggy into a decent school etc, which I’m sure we would have heard all about so my bet is the private school fees will be paid for by her parents…
It shouldn't really be an issue for them for years, most of the local primaries are pretty decent actually.

If you look at the plans on the LA planning portal you can see they’ve extended back but retained the original shape.
Ah gotcha!
Money would have better spent on a new roof! But then the bank of mum and dad is probably always open!

Oh god that Dusty Knuckle place is always ram jammed with buffet dress and orthopaedic sandal mums.

I wonder if they might find religion and go for St Thomas Moore for their son? I think private school is more likely though.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.