The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we bet she’s actually having a 2 week holiday or she’s going to fake the holidays photos whilst she’s back? I think her sister is only staying a week

Reactions: 2
'Oh god that Dusty Knuckle place is always ram jammed with buffet dress and orthopaedic sandal mums.'

Oi! 👋

Admission: queuing for morning buns and sourdough from their little roving vintage milk float was one of my lockdown high points. The queues were full of SoTo gentrifiers performatively parenting little Arlo & Hebe.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I found it, the outside of her house is shocking 😱😱😱
it does look shocking but that house is worth £800,000 at least if not more. My mother in law only lives a few streets away. It bloody expensive to live round there. One of the school is rated as Outstanding. I can imagine once she’s done it all up and in a few years it’ll be worth £1,000,000.

Reactions: 3
Do we bet she’s actually having a 2 week holiday or she’s going to fake the holidays photos whilst she’s back? I think her sister is only staying a week
Probably wants to pretend they could only afford a couple of days, you know liken the poor folk

• Haha
Reactions: 1
So they will have built up a good amount of equity, even with renovation costs taken into account
Their 2 storey extension would have been around £100k I think. I would have hoped for more equity build up in Inner London in 6 years. Our old house got that much without extension within 3.5 years and the area is not as gentrified.

They haven’t made their money back … yet! Few years they’ll be ok. I actually think the back garden looks pretty good considering. It helps having a house husband to do everything & parents to watch the kids for free + probably help out with deposit + nursery fees! Her kids will 💯 go to private school. She went to private, I’m pretty sure she’d never send hers to state no matter how “frugal” she thinks she is.

Reactions: 5
So they will have built up a good amount of equity, even with renovation costs taken into account
Her house won’t be worth as much as the neighbours. It’s a bedroom short, has that weird kitchen space and looks like it’s about to fall down at the front. She might think she’d get to close to that but pretty sure after a survey the value would be very different

They haven’t made their money back … yet! Few years they’ll be ok. I actually think the back garden looks pretty good considering. It helps having a house husband to do everything & parents to watch the kids for free + probably help out with deposit + nursery fees! Her kids will 💯 go to private school. She went to private, I’m pretty sure she’d never send hers to state no matter how “frugal” she thinks she is.
Her sisters kids also go to private school. Mum and Dad will have their wallets open

• Heart
God I thought both her and the neighbours house are underwhelming. I know everyone fetishises Victorian architecture but they look so gloomy and cramped. And tiny gardens, very overlooked.

I think they’ve already done the roof
oh yeah they have, you can see the new roof in 2020 google street view and old one in 2019

their shutters really look crap with their windows, it doesn't go and I normally adore shutters and Edwardian architecture

Reactions: 4
Jesus all that fuss over her hallway and that’s the street view. Unreal
I was comparing the neighbour's house listing to past google street views. I see the removal of the upstairs outside door (they couldn't have slapped some paint on the new bricks?), but why does the side bedroom window look like a door now, with the window cut into it? And why did they remove the metal rails? The front looks shabby but not as bad as I imagined.

I was comparing the neighbour's house listing to past google street views. I see the removal of the upstairs outside door (they couldn't have slapped some paint on the new bricks?), but why does the side bedroom window look like a door now, with the window cut into it? And why did they remove the metal rails? The front looks shabby but not as bad as I imagined.
Compare her front to her neighbour's, it's bad

Attachments

Interesting. They deffo would have made more in another area of London over the six year period they’ve lived there.

Either way though, they’re in a house that’s worth approaching £1m which is bonkers really - let alone when you & your partner make your living from telling everyone how ‘frugal’ you are.

See Peggy has appeared on her sisters insta…can imagine how that convo went…I’ve stopped trying to pretend I’m still in the UK, so you may post again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.