The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her neighbours house is SO much nicer!!!

Ie not like Alex’s where it looks like all the Instagram interiors trends from the last five years have thrown up on it

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Don’t know why, but I still can’t find it. There’s one I was pretty sure about but it doesn’t show the secret extension so I’m diving up…

Wow, the state of the front facade of their house is quite something. Knowing how much time they spend painting and repainting all those stupid little chairs and what not within the house, it’s embarrassing they hadn’t done something to the front of the house. Their neighbours must love them!

Reactions: 9
“Five years later, the exterior of the house still needs a lot of work, including a new roof, front windows, pointing, and a balcony revamp.”

from a rightmove feature on her house.

Am I right in thinking they did a two storey extension but haven’t repaired the roof?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Wow, the state of the front facade of their house is quite something. Knowing how much time they spend painting and repainting all those stupid little chairs and what not within the house, it’s embarrassing they hadn’t done something to the front of the house. Their neighbours must love them!
She also painted her front gate. The green colour make it even worse

Reactions: 4
@knickerbocker glory yep

Not sure she has done a two storey extension. All the houses around here have that exact shape at the back. It looks exactly like the back of ours and we certainly haven't extended it.

The street is in a tricky catchment area for schools though, especially for secondary.

Thinking about it for real frugality she could highlight stuff like the Turkish restaurants on Green Lanes where you can eat really cheaply or one of the independent cafes.

Reactions: 3
@knickerbocker glory yep

Not sure she has done a two storey extension. All the houses around here have that exact shape at the back. It looks exactly like the back of ours and we certainly haven't extended it.
If you look at the plans on the LA planning portal you can see they’ve extended back but retained the original shape.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.