The Frugality #5 Weeks and months to tile a floor, we love to cosplay being poor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are most definitely away with her family, she just seems to want to keep it quiet for some reason?!

Last edited:
That must be why she was digging around in the washing basket for something to wear - their summer stuff was all packed for Mallorca!

I do get why she would present herself as not being away, or time lagging etc (I've seen plenty of other influencers do it) but to be honest, this pair are such wallies it really makes them look a bit odd.

Reactions: 7
Can you imagine the conversation with her sister-‘please remove us from your social media- my followers can’t know that I’m currently away until I decide to reveal all to them’ - reeks of ‘don’t you know who I am? I’m kinda a big deal’. I get the security aspect but my family would be so quick to take the piss out of me and put me in my place regardless of how many Instagram followers I had.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh for sure! Which is why I don’t think it’d have gone down well - massive fight ensued im sure. Her throwing a strop and refusing to join them for lunch! 😂 #diva

Her parents and sister seem so down to earth, relatable & hands on. Alex just seems the complete opposite! Everything is an effort for her.

Reactions: 2
I’m guessing there’s a safety element, not advertising that your house is empty.
Very true, but it’s not something she’s done before. Usually she’s posting when she’s away in Spain or Kent etc with the family with all her penny pinching ‘frugal’ tips. A bit trickier to do though if you’re on a fancy stay paid for by the folks!

Reactions: 4
She’s put it in her newsletter this week that they’re off on holiday so do t get why she’s hiding it on insta 🤷🏻‍♀️

Maybe it’s like the equivalent of skiving from school, she maybe has to post things for brands from London at a certain time.

Wow she’s so bad at the basics of her job? How hard is it to get your story straight about a summer holiday

Reactions: 5
I’m guessing there’s a safety element, not advertising that your house is empty.
I do understand that, however it seems strange that she never does it for holidays she deems frugal or when they go on those gifted expensive stays around the UK that she calls affordable.

Reactions: 3
Wow she’s so bad at the basics of her job? How hard is it to get your story straight about a summer holiday
Not just this bit, but did anyone else find her weird little forced rant about designer sunglasses totally wild and weird?! She has somehow made “glasses ambassador” her job and now she’s slating sunnies? Or is this the tactic - slate the “designer” brands to funnel more people towards the new glasses brands she works with so she gets more referral kickbacks? Weird weird weird.
“Don’t waste money on sunglasses. Unless I tell you to”

FWIW you can get prescription RayBans (for example) from GlassesDirect for about the same price as a pair of Cubitts, who she’s worked with.

(Also I know we’ve all talked about her pathetic/borderline illegal use of “I work with” instead of “AD” but the reality is, you work FOR them, hun, not with. You churn out work that they have to approve and then they pay you - you work FOR them. That’s a job. It’s how jobs work.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
In her defence, what could possibly be more frugal than getting someone else to pay for your holiday?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Not just this bit, but did anyone else find her weird little forced rant about designer sunglasses totally wild and weird?! She has somehow made “glasses ambassador” her job and now she’s slating sunnies? Or is this the tactic - slate the “designer” brands to funnel more people towards the new glasses brands she works with so she gets more referral kickbacks? Weird weird weird.
“Don’t waste money on sunglasses. Unless I tell you to”

FWIW you can get prescription RayBans (for example) from GlassesDirect for about the same price as a pair of Cubitts, who she’s worked with.

(Also I know we’ve all talked about her pathetic/borderline illegal use of “I work with” instead of “AD” but the reality is, you work FOR them, hun, not with. You churn out work that they have to approve and then they pay you - you work FOR them. That’s a job. It’s how jobs work.)
The funny thing is, how does she think clothes are treated? They’re made in filthy exploitative conditions, oftentimes with no environmental considerations (re dyes used, waste, etc) then shipped across the world, then dumped in another filthy warehouse until they’re sold? And then they make their way to you via post or stores, which surprise… are often not the cleanest of things. Admittedly it was more fast fash than she’s into but there were stories in early lockdown of people getting clothes with fleas in them/packages being contaminated with fleas from these brands!

Like she’s so close to getting it in a way, that a lot of tit sold to us just isn’t worth it on any level.

She’s not even here but has planned fake content to tie in with the hottest U.K. day ever… badly.
Also I was becoming enamoured with fisherman sandals until I saw Alex in them
That’s the issue, if she had just posted the cute kid with the odd name messing about with brushes, then fine. But she has made up a whole fake scenario!

Reactions: 5
@Dizzy back in the day there used to be a charity thing where you put a penny into the head of a little girl and she had calipers on her legs. It was a cerebral palsy charity I think.

That’s what those sandals remind me of.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.