The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“PR Product” does my friggin head in too.
That’s not a thing. It doesn’t exist. They all just made it up in some weird collective influencer hive mind copycat lemming situation.

If they sent it to you for free, and you’re then making content with it, you’re benefiting from it, and so are the fuckers who sent it to you. And if you’re not actually declaring it as an ad, you’re just working for them for free or the price of a freebie for yourself, which doesn’t really say much when you know how much you can get from an actual ad. All so gross and Alex is by no means the worst offender!
It’s PR discount that grates for me…no you got a freebie, or if not paid such a discounted rate it would as well have been free…or maybe they’re pissed because it wasn’t…just declare it properly!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thing is Alex is so tight & has moaned about brands only offering free items in return for content previously so I'm sure every brand she does tag she has been paid money in addition to the item.

I also hate the fact she goes on about paying for content as in brands or us should pay her to produce the content she puts out, but she uses free trials to watch Sky etc how does she think the production, actors, editors, scriptwriters etc get paid? 🙄

she's f

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I also hate the fact she goes on about paying for content as in brands or us should pay her to produce the content she puts out, but she uses free trials to watch Sky etc how does she think the production, actors, editors, scriptwriters etc get paid? 🙄

she's f
[/QUOTE]

Paying for content is an interesting one. A number of those I follow on Insta do now offer this option e.g Dawn O’Porter + The Vitamin D Project via Patreon. I think this is perfectly fine and an understandable route to take - producing quality content takes time, is a job in itself, more of a safe space etc.

This option is always open to Alex, however I just can’t see that anyone would actually pay (even a nominal amount) for the content she produces! It is just not interesting or original enough. End of!

Reactions: 10

she's f
Paying for content is an interesting one. A number of those I follow on Insta do now offer this option e.g Dawn O’Porter + The Vitamin D Project via Patreon. I think this is perfectly fine and an understandable route to take - producing quality content takes time, is a job in itself, more of a safe space etc.

This option is always open to Alex, however I just can’t see that anyone would actually pay (even a nominal amount) for the content she produces! It is just not interesting or original enough. End of!
[/QUOTE]

This exactly. What would we be paying for? tit hair tutorials, how to be a skinflint on a mini break and beige meal planning? Think I’m good actually love.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The longer I follow Alex, the more I realise she is simply tight not frugal.

I can’t think of someone worse to advertise Eataly. She eats a very bland toddler like diet despite her supposed meal plan, she’s hardly a foodie.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The longer I follow Alex, the more I realise she is simply tight not frugal.

I can’t think of someone worse to advertise Eataly. She eats a very bland toddler like diet despite her supposed meal plan, she’s hardly a foodie.
Not to mention that Eataly is super expensive. Lots of the stuff there is supermarket stuff with a posh label and price tag

Reactions: 4
Oh Christ why is she so obsessed with tiger? It’s just an upmarket Poundland filled with plastic crap

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not to mention that Eataly is super expensive. Lots of the stuff there is supermarket stuff with a posh label and price tag

Yes! It’s so expensive! Hardly inkeeping with the ‘frugality’ brand. Although maybe it’s not meant to be which is why she’s posting on her own name account? But that opens a can of worms as to why have the two different accounts in first place when there’s so much crossover between them.

Oh Christ why is she so obsessed with tiger? It’s just an upmarket Poundland filled with plastic crap
Time for her to massively get over it- it’s not new or exciting, and filled with the same stuff you can get elsewhere. It’s hardly like there aren’t loads in central London, which is only a bus/train ride away for her.

Reactions: 2
These Instagrammers get paid a lot without getting extra, Vitamin D project has just bought a house, Hinch has bought a farm I think they are doing very well with the money they get from "content"!

Reactions: 2
The point I was making about paying for content got misread I think.

no worries about paying for content but Alex expects to be paid but promotes the opposite, constant free trails, using different emails to get free trails etc

also her content is almost certainly paid for by brands but not declared accurately, which is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I see she’s now properly labelled all pages of her ad break story properly with ‘Ad’. 👋 Hi Alex! You’re welcome for the free ad compliance advice!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
so many meal planners

This means we have so much more thrilling pantry inventory content headed our way.

isn’t it funny how these influencers are constantly showing off stuff they are gifted but then it is never seen again. Like they are showing all their boring meals in order to shift meal planners, meanwhile there is a signed #gifted Nigel Slater book gathering dust somewhere in the house

Attachments

so many meal planners

This means we have so much more thrilling pantry inventory content headed our way.

isn’t it funny how these influencers are constantly showing off stuff they are gifted but then it is never seen again. Like they are showing all their boring meals in order to shift meal planners, meanwhile there is a signed #gifted Nigel Slater book gathering dust somewhere in the house
Still don’t know why people need a meal planners to meal plan? Like, use a piece of paper. Sometimes I used the back of the envelope. Just like those people who convinced themselves that they need LULU before working out, they are bound to fail? 🤨🧐

I used to stick one piece of A4 paper on the fridge with what was planned each night and which cookbook and page to find it (very handy to encourage children to help). Then a second piece of A4 paper as a shopping list which was folded in quarters and labelled: fruit and veg, cold stuff, pantry stuff and other stuff.

Reckon I could influence people to buy A4 reams? 🤔

• Haha
Just shows how easily some people are ‘influenced’ to buy something totally un-necessary. We all have scrap pieces of paper, used envelopes, the back of some un-important letter, an old birthday card, etc etc that can be used to write a meal planning or shopping list on.

I’ve been buying a meal planner for years, £2 from Wilkos. Saves me scrapping about for a decent sized bit of paper (which we never have) or someone using the paper for something else/sticking it in the bin. But I wouldn’t pay any more than that….and the wilkos cheapy is laid out a lot better than theirs

Her children won’t br able to share a bedroom for years, so the will either have to move or put in a loft conversion if they only have three bedrooms.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.