The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this financial advice for morons? Plan meals? What next, shut windows when it’s cold? 🥴

I know I always go in for ms massive leg up by parents but omg. The simplicity of having pretty much everything handed to you on a plate is so so enviable. Imagine not even having to consider building intergenerational wealth for your kid(s) as you know it’s just there in the wings waiting. Idk how this content doesn’t perturb more people ☹
Meal planning: buy sliced white and cheap cheddar…tadaaa lunch made for 5 days for Alex.

Meal planning: buy sliced white and cheap cheddar…tadaaa lunch made for 5 days for Alex.
Btw to add: nothing wrong about being on a budget, didn’t want to come across as a snob but I really don’t think she’s an inspiration for meal planning. You can meal plan on a budget and be a bit more creative then her

Reactions: 6

Btw to add: nothing wrong about being on a budget, didn’t want to come across as a snob but I really don’t think she’s an inspiration for meal planning. You can meal plan on a budget and be a bit more creative then her
It’s also too generic to be helpful? We get Mindful Chef so I know what we’re having for dinner for the next two weeks but it’s no where near the most cost effective of options, planning alone doesn’t halve the cost of food, something like low cost dinners or batch cooking would make more sense surely?

I really hope that point wasn’t an insidious way to push Hello Fresh on her audience in the new year.

Reactions: 4
new year money advice from our fave frugal financier! I mean… FINALLY, eh?!
Eating cheap white bread whilst spending on cheap tats isn’t savvy. If she do an audit on all her spending, she will realise that 10% of her money goes to food while 50% of them goes to tiger or prints that she doesn’t need.

• Haha
Eating cheap white bread whilst spending on cheap tats isn’t savvy. If she do an audit on all her spending, she will realise that 10% of her money goes to food while 50% of them goes to tiger or prints that she doesn’t need.
69951D8D-3E4B-4830-8CBB-A78DAA8D5953.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is this financial advice for morons? Plan meals? What next, shut windows when it’s cold? 🥴

I know I always go in for ms massive leg up by parents but omg. The simplicity of having pretty much everything handed to you on a plate is so so enviable. Imagine not even having to consider building intergenerational wealth for your kid(s) as you know it’s just there in the wings waiting. Idk how this content doesn’t perturb more people ☹
I suspect the vast majority of her audience is in the same position and the rest either haven’t paid close enough attention to spot the fibs, or they don’t care and see her account as a bit of light fluff.

Her financial advice is hilariously tit, leg up or not. Plenty of people are comfortable financially but aren’t absolute dollops.

Reactions: 2
I’m fairly sure they have 4 bedrooms upstairs. Their room, children’s room, Alex’s coat room and the playroom.

And still no room for a kitchen table!
they have three. The new wardrobes/coat storage are in the play room which has the snug sofa bed in it.

you can see their floor plans on the planning portal if you know their address

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Currently pissing myself that she is so proud of her (expensive) bin - but uses a drawer for her recycling! Her priorities are just all over the place.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have the bin and it’s great but you do really need the expensive tailored bin bags which fit otherwise you’re left with half a bin bag poking out the top which isn’t exactly chic!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If/when I ever get to design a new kitchen, one thing I will definitely do is plan for refuse/recycling to be inbuilt somewhere. Maybe under the sink?

Availability of space does limit this as an option, but I can never understand why so many people design these fancy new kitchens and then plonk a bin in there to clutter it up.

And can a bin ever really be chique?! 🤣

Reactions: 3
I have the bin and it’s great but you do really need the expensive tailored bin bags which fit otherwise you’re left with half a bin bag poking out the top which isn’t exactly chic!
Just to add to this - we got maybe 80 bin bags free with the bin, and have only just had to repurchase them. We got the bin last March. So it’s actually not a huge expense to get the proper bags for it - I think we have saved money on the cheap big black bags! She just always makes a fuss about everything being sooo expensive that they’ve just managed to ‘muddle through’ 🙄

Reactions: 5
If/when I ever get to design a new kitchen, one thing I will definitely do is plan for refuse/recycling to be inbuilt somewhere. Maybe under the sink?

Availability of space does limit this as an option, but I can never understand why so many people design these fancy new kitchens and then plonk a bin in there to clutter it up.

And can a bin ever really be chique?! 🤣
They constantly don’t factor in adequate storage for essentials then add a jumble of ‘chic’ baskets, small furniture items and nail polish remover

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can speculate that she either has a cleaner or doesn’t clean because it is pain in the ass to move those stuff away while hoovering and mopping.

Reactions: 2
I remember her recommending open underbed storage (baskets and the like) and all I could think at the time was how dusty everything would get.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.