Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Steptoe

I like her style, why doesn't she stick to fashion?! Who else can I follow who has a similar style (but better) 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3

CornedBeefHashtag

The picture on the grid this morning - did Dopey tile the side return last year too? I thought he’d just done the patio?

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Was she seriously suggesting that they are thinking of replacing the windows themselves?! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the kind of job that need to be done by someone who knows what they're doing, and should have building regs sign off. These two couldn't manage to tile a patio!
Definitely. They either need to be fitted and self-certified by a FENSA fitter or signed off by council building control. YouTube isn’t going to teach you to fit thousands of pounds worth of windows to a satisfactory standard 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
I’m just not going to use up any of my sympathy for those who contribute to this problem and who make incredibly large sums of money out of other people feeling inadequate.
Fair point tbh. Have recently felt uncomfortable with the rapid switch up between various best products ever for skin recently - idk how anyone can feel such recommendations are in any way authentic? :/

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
I glaze over most of her stories nowadays but I swear all they are recently is her showing stuff she’s bought or been gifted? Or selling her overpriced matches? Why does she have 0 consideration to how this comes across or the fact it directly goes against what most people want nowadays which is to avoid buying endless tat?

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
I unfollowed too. Not only the glasses for our Friday entertainment, but her overall site is not interesting. This is going to sound mean, but the clothes modeling shots drive me crazy. She needs to stand up straight or something - if I want to see a woman looking like a sack of laundry I'll look in the mirror. I'm sick of all the money moaning also. Yes, you're frugal. :rolleyes: Zzzzz.
I know what you mean . Successful models sell clothes for a reason , regardless of size; they stand well and pose with purpose .

CyberNannies

I’m fairly sure they have 4 bedrooms upstairs. Their room, children’s room, Alex’s coat room and the playroom.

And still no room for a kitchen table!
they have three. The new wardrobes/coat storage are in the play room which has the snug sofa bed in it.

you can see their floor plans on the planning portal if you know their address

• Wow

Readinginks

VIP Member
To be fair, it isn’t just NHS or other ‘emergency worker’ staff. Corporate and retail workers are the same, shops and businesses are still open right through the Christmas period so need cover, just because you have A/L left doesn’t mean that your line manager will grant you it 🙂. Nice though it would be.
Don’t forget those of us working in education! I work in an academic library and every year we have to agree who will take annual leave before Christmas and who will go on leave after. We do get generous closure days between Christmas and NY so don’t have to spend from AL but when the Library is open until the 23rd there has to be staff to run it!

• Heart

BillieR

Chatty Member
The continual trotting out of ‘we can’t afford this/can’t afford that/saving up for x etc etc’ is grating.
They are not poor. Budgeting & prioritising finances is just what the rest of us do every day!
It comes across as pious and is obviously an attempt to cling on to some semblance of ‘frugality’.
I'm torn with this.
I agree she does sometimes try to look less well off than she is but I'm also glad she is open about saving for some things (even if I think she does things in a bizarre order) because many influencers, bloggers, instagrammers don't and it can really seem everyone out there can afford to have everything and anything at the drop of a hat.

Hope that makes sense!

Just seen her share (therefore basically beg for) a £17.95 nail varnish remover but then goes on to say she’s not adverse to decanting cheap stuff into a nice bottle *on the same slide*

Why would the brand want to gift her it when she’s only going to refill it after? 🥴

For someone who preaches about not buying endless stuff, her house is always bloody full.

How can she need to rent an office when she already HAS AN OFFICE??? Plus a spare bedroom!

She hasn't got that many boxes to store. Put them in the office you already have in your decent sized house Alex! That's much more *frugal* than renting an office space
This….or if it’s for all their ‘products’ get a storage locker thing….they have a car so it’s not really a hardship to nip over and pick up a couple of boxes….and use the office for what it was intended?! These two must be taking it in if they’re looking at renting another office…

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
I don’t know why any skin care brand would work with her? Sure no one looks good without make up. But her complexion looks like a moldy bread.

I totally agreed that buying multiple small ticket items is not frugal. I stopped buying shit from Anthropologie just because they are cute, stopped buying candles, stop buying any deco tats and that saved me a lot of money.
😂😂😂 mouldy bread hahahahahhah!! That cracked me up!

• Haha