The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I grow up I aspire to a job where I can identify gaps in the market for attractive nail polish remover.

🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Am I being thick, but what's the difference between a £1 bottle of nail polish remover, and a £10 one? Surely it's all the same stuff, acetone is acetone?

Reactions: 13
Given she’s such a fan of reusing posh containers, why doesn’t she just fill up the empty £10 one with big standard nail polish remover from Superdrug or the supermarket?

Reactions: 17
Jesus Christ Alex, just buy Cutex like the rest of us. It’s hardly like we have it on show like some bizarre bedroom decoration.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t display my nail polish remover but if I really wanted to (as other said) I would reuse or buy a nice bottle and refil it 😳

Reactions: 3
What on earth? I’ve literally never considered this. Mine is at the bottom of a box of nail polishes in a drawer. She’s literally got too much time on her hands

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I do somewhat agree that it’s nice to have practical items that are also nice looking - chopping boards etc

But duck me nail polish remover? Who would display such an item? I am pretty extra when it comes to beauty storage and mine is stored alongside nail varnish, all in muji acrylic units within a bespoke built in beauty cabinet. I had mine designed that anything like that is on high shelves out of reach of my children. Why would you want that visible?

I came here to say what you're all saying. Essentially: what. The. duck.

I love a chic olive oil bottle/storage tub/kitchen stuff, but seriously... nail varnish remover???? She has lost it now

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Why is she so weird??? She hates blow dries? Also she is literally the least frugal person I have on my Instagram. She buys things EVERY DAY and things she already has and doesn’t need. Buying lots of small cheap things that you don’t need is NOT frugality!!!

A2502B0E-A59C-408D-83E9-94AAA911D6D6.png
8DA5CD9E-A30D-4080-9CED-5305DA57C545.png
686F2DDC-8757-4567-A941-4B99916FB890.png

• Heart
Alex firmly believes her not very interesting personality quirks (no blowdries! collects matches! eats Pot Noodles!) constitutes an actual personality.

Has she ever had an opinion on something cultural beyond “I went and it was great!” ?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why is she so puffy at the moment? Looks like she's unwell really.
This :oops:

And totally agree about "chic looking nail varnish remover" reading like a parody... but maybe when you have no actual storage in your bathroom (like a mirror cabinet or vanity unit) these things actually matter?
1638357441578.png

Reactions: 6
Beyond parody that anyone could give more than a passing thought to what their nail varnish remover looks like (or pay more than a couple of quid for one) - let alone have the time & energy to post about it and then provide updates on feedback received on the issue!!
Also I find the idea of refilling soap bottles etc with cheaper versions quite weird. Of course it’s fine to aspire to have nice things, but this just seems to be born from some desperation to keep up appearances. Certainly not in keeping with a genuinely frugal and considered approach to consumption.
And yes, as mentioned above, the amount of stuff she buys is ridiculous!! Almost every bloody day. That all being said, I do find it quite fascinating to watch it unfold and love the insightful commentary here 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.