The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t normally comment on stuff like this as everyone does stuff differently and there are some people on some the threads who come across holier than though about how much better they are, but Jesus Christ, my husband and I managed to each have a shower every single morning, it really isn’t that bleeping challenging.
Exactly, how else does she normally shower? Me and my husband have successfully managed 2 showers a day each, without a ‘pass’. She’s so neurotic.

Reactions: 1
I assumed that she doesn’t set an alarm as her daughter is an early riser hence the since 2018? 🙂
Most kids are but you usually set an alarm as a back up on the off chance your kid sleeps longer and then you’re all late for work. The fact she’s saying she never has to do this just highlights how she’s not really in the same world as the rest of us. Being ‘late for work’ isn’t really a thing in her house as neither of them properly work.

Reactions: 6
I get up well before my child wakes on a weekday. Something that is obviously way beyond the comprehension of this pair.

Reactions: 3
I note a new living room sofa (it was a green habitat one before) that has gone unmentioned. Is that three sofas this year? I am counting the John Lewis gifted one that replaced the kitchen table and the sofa bed in the extended room that shall not be mentioned
She’s literally answered your question today

Reactions: 2
I think her gallery wall looks chaotic (behind said new sofa) I like them normally but you need lots of space and minimal clutter. Eyes hurt

One minute she’s posting about using reusable cotton wool and period pants and then in her stories she’s buying cheap plastic tat landfill for her Christmas tree. It’s quite hard to keep up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I glaze over most of her stories nowadays but I swear all they are recently is her showing stuff she’s bought or been gifted? Or selling her overpriced matches? Why does she have 0 consideration to how this comes across or the fact it directly goes against what most people want nowadays which is to avoid buying endless tat?

Exactly. If she’s so frugal and environmentally conscious why does she accept 5 gifted things a week that she doesn’t need? She doesn’t even try and hide it. So irritating!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Exactly. If she’s so frugal and environmentally conscious why does she accept 5 gifted things a week that she doesn’t need? She doesn’t even try and hide it. So irritating!!!
She’ll probably sell it. Would make a good blanket.

I didn’t understand her story about finishing watching nine perfect strangers (naturally via yet another Amazon prime free trial don’t you know!) where she praised Melissa McCarthys character for wearing a glasses throughout but then taking them off for her date at the end. Hasn’t the whole point of all her ridiculous ‘good looking people in glasses’ posts been about the fact that glasses should be worn all the time for all occasions? (At least that’s what I thought she was trying to say when she said she wishes she’d worn them for her wedding)

I didn’t understand her story about finishing watching nine perfect strangers (naturally via yet another Amazon prime free trial don’t you know!) where she praised Melissa McCarthys character for wearing a glasses throughout but then taking them off for her date at the end. Hasn’t the whole point of all her ridiculous ‘good looking people in glasses’ posts been about the fact that glasses should be worn all the time for all occasions? (At least that’s what I thought she was trying to say when she said she wishes she’d worn them for her wedding)
Yeah I think she was saying she was annoyed that they took them off at the end but worded it wrongly? Otherwise yes you’re right it’s totally contradictory

That #gifted coat is not good on her and she knows it. Must be weird to be surrounded by expensive things you know look awful on you and a bunch of stuff you are just not that bothered about but accepted because you are allergic to spending your own money.
I actually really like this coat but I have no taste so 🤷😅

• Haha
I actually really like this coat but I have no taste so 🤷😅
Oh I like it too 🥰

I don’t think it looks great on Alex.

It’s so loaded for influencers isn’t it? Us mere mortals save up (or not), splurge on a fabulous faux fur coat - it’s a statement item that is somewhat timeless - if you love it you could be wearing it in 20 years and rock it. If not - you send it back and the quest for the perfect statement faux fur continues.

However.. if you are an influencer, you are invited to select a ‘gift’ (in this case, probably from one of the three collabs) - it arrives and…. you don’t love it. Can’t quite put your finger on it. Fit not quite right. Finishes at sub-optimal point on your hips. Colour makes you look a little off. Whatever. Are you really sending it back and politely declining?? duck no. You are doing the bare minimum to indicate gratitude to the brand / showing off you are worthy of expensive ‘gifts’ and then selling it / shoving it in your closet. What a weird inauthentic existence. No wonder they often seem so rattled.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The colour of the coat completely washes her out, even with the awful bright orange lipstick.

Reactions: 1
Oh I like it too 🥰

I don’t think it looks great on Alex.

It’s so loaded for influencers isn’t it? Us mere mortals save up (or not), splurge on a fabulous faux fur coat - it’s a statement item that is somewhat timeless - if you love it you could be wearing it in 20 years and rock it. If not - you send it back and the quest for the perfect statement faux fur continues.

However.. if you are an influencer, you are invited to select a ‘gift’ (in this case, probably from one of the three collabs) - it arrives and…. you don’t love it. Can’t quite put your finger on it. Fit not quite right. Finishes at sub-optimal point on your hips. Colour makes you look a little off. Whatever. Are you really sending it back and politely declining?? duck no. You are doing the bare minimum to indicate gratitude to the brand / showing off you are worthy of expensive ‘gifts’ and then selling it / shoving it in your closet. What a weird inauthentic existence. No wonder they often seem so rattled.
The other consideration is that the 'gifted' items will the majority of the time actually be taxable so she should pay tax on her 'income' of the not so great £250 coat.... 🙄 makes it seem less of a good deal if she is following those rules properly as it is t actually totally free...!

• Heart
What is it with her proclaiming to be a workaholic?

From what I can see she is an instagrammer who shills matches on the side and a stay at home husband.

Many Instagrammers also manage a full time job along side Instagram. Or don’t have the luxury of having another parent in the house 24/7

am I missing something here???

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I tjm
What is it with her proclaiming to be a workaholic?

From what I can see she is an instagrammer who shills matches on the side and a stay at home husband.

Many Instagrammers also manage a full time job along side Instagram. Or don’t have the luxury of having another parent in the house 24/7

am I missing something here???
I am guessing that they start ‘work’ after the kids are in bed and perhaps put in a four hour shift 8-midnight

I still laugh at their patio stories. This summer was lovely weather for installing outdoor tiles and their excuses for it taking so long were bizarre.

They both seem so unproductive, our culture promotes being being busy/productive all the time and it’s absolutely fine to not be that way. But the workaholic schtick is jarring

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.