The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I don’t want to shame her but she is so far from her style in her younger days as a stylist. I think she’s really struggling with her post baby weight. I’m a tall curvy woman (14-16) - when the reel started I was like yep, nice dress, and yep I agree it’s really important to wear a jumper that’s the right length over it, to avoid drowning your figure. I assumed she meant a cropped jumper! This look is soo bag lady and not flattering at all!!
Once she has the blazer on I think the jumper works well.

And I really rate her description of the items in the text. Accurate and useful.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Reactions: 1
They are planning to knock down a wall and completely change the office that they renovated just four years ago. How frugal and sustainable…

Reactions: 9
Tights-old ffs she’s taking it to extremes now
And hope you’re enjoying the read Alex, pleased you took our advice about padding out the bag

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s doing similar to @ajabarber who she follows and comments on but without getting down to her underwear.

Reactions: 5
Or what they should do is engage an architect to reconfigure the whole down-stairs space and take the toilet room out of the kitchen area, have a small utility/storage space and then the living room - Would be better than knocking a wall just for the sake of it.
Absolutely. Engaging an architect would be money well spent - an investment, rather than taking short cuts/‘frugal’ options that end up costing more in the long run as you need to redo a few years down the line. The first thing on the list should be working out where to put a family dining table.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m confused why they would knock the office space to the living room. The living room could be a nice, cosy space if it wasn’t filled with junk.

They should have opened the office space to the kitchen and had room for a bloody table and the toilet on the back wall of the living room between the two spaces. Or keep the office.

Those custom built in cupboards in the office are some of the only storage they have

• Heart
I don’t think they need to knock through either. The front room needs lightening up if it’s north facing. The dark painted floor must suck all the light out of it. They need to strip the floor and lighten up the boards and clear some of the clutter out so it’s an adult space they can keep free of toys and crap. They can easily fit a dining table in the kitchen by moving the sofa into the office. Turn the office into a snug/playroom and the kitchen back into a kitchen diner. No structural work needed.

Reactions: 14
I don’t think they need to knock through either. The front room needs lightening up if it’s north facing. The dark painted floor must suck all the light out of it. They need to strip the floor and lighten up the boards and clear some of the clutter out so it’s an adult space they can keep free of toys and crap. They can easily fit a dining table in the kitchen by moving the sofa into the office. Turn the office into a snug/playroom and the kitchen back into a kitchen diner. No structural work needed.
Bingo!
As a messy person who owns a lot of clutter myself open plan is not our friend. Neither are endless storage baskets which Alex seems to keep accumulating!
Your solution seems fairly obvious. I’m curious as to what type of open plan area she has in mind.

If they got rid of all the bleeping tit they have, the whole house would immediately feel double the size!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don’t think copying someone else’s content requires a reel or grid post when you’re a ‘professional influencer’. She can be inspired by other people and perhaps share on her stories but isn’t it her actual job to produce original content.

Reactions: 3
Would you not go out and shut the door rather than standing filming it….next post will be oh guys my shed door has just blown off 🙄
I assume she did go out and lock the door after filming but in true influencer style she had to film it first. As we all know, in influencer-land if it hasn’t been uploaded to SM, it hasn’t happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Major lolz at the tiny side table they got for the kitchen, more flimsy stuff that looks like clutter.

Reactions: 9
When they’ve had at least two dining tables in that space before this latest aquisition.

And her nonsense yesterday about the chic kitchen paper holder, kitchen paper being ugly and she sometimes uses reusable flannels instead - translation - she uses dishcloths/cloths just like everyone else.

Stop buying so much crap from Tiger or change your name to whatever is the opposite of frugality @theextravagance.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.