The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many times are you allowed to sign up for free trials on platforms? I feel sure that this isn’t the first time she’s talked about signing up for a free trial only… Plus episodes of Nine Perfect Strangers are being released weekly so she might struggle to watch it all under the free trial unless they’ve already all been released or are about to be.

Reactions: 6
Also if you were too bone idle to get it done, bloody pay someone, a pro tiler would have that done and sorted in a day.
I don't even think it would take a day!! Also it would be inexpensive as she already has all materials, adhesive, grout, spacers, tiles...

Reactions: 2
I thought she cancelled Amazon Prime to take a stand against their non payment of tax and to support the high street / small business. Good to know morals can be parked to one side when there’s a tv show to catch.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I just tried to sign up again for Now Tv again and couldn’t!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How many times are you allowed to sign up for free trials on platforms? I feel sure that this isn’t the first time she’s talked about signing up for a free trial only… Plus episodes of Nine Perfect Strangers are being released weekly so she might struggle to watch it all under the free trial unless they’ve already all been released or are about to be.
Can use multiple email accounts. Hahaha don’t tell Amazon okay

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I do not know anyone in real life who would think it acceptable to leave that patio like that, it’s a day’s work , tops!

They are so frustrating as a couple , totally limp like there’s no backbone to them.

Reactions: 13
Also surely if you don’t seal it/finish it then the rain/frost etc will get under it and lift the three tiles he has managed to lay….we could be looking at 2023 at this rate

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Their grass is a month overdue a good cut, they don't do anything around that house, do they?

• Heart
Wow, just wow!
I think the baby’s at daycare too - part of the reason for a week off recently was to ‘settle him’ there - so there’s no way they don’t have the time! I wonder if one of them has MH issues that comes out as this weird perfectionism. Do they have a shed or garage? Are they just going to leave the tiles and all the adhesive etc just in their hallway for 6 months!

I also snorted so loudly at the decluttering in the newsletter at 6am, that my husband asked what I was looking at 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They are such a wet pair. She’s claiming they can’t finish it because they’re going on holiday, but didn’t they take a holiday last month to try and finish their DIY?

She’s not exactly pumping out content unless you count the weird silent self-videos of her walking down the street, so it’s not like work is that busy.

I’m convinced she’s deeply unhappy as an influencer but can’t see any other way to make the same wage & perks.

Reactions: 10
They’re just bleeping lazy. That patio could be done in half a day no problem - why is everything such a big deal!!!

Reactions: 5
I've deleted Instagram off my phone so can't check - has she said that she's not going to finish the tiles this year and wait until next spring?! Or am I reading your posts wrong?

I've deleted Instagram off my phone so can't check - has she said that she's not going to finish the tiles this year and wait until next spring?! Or am I reading your posts wrong?
No that’s right….she’s basically blaming the weather, their ‘work’, the kids and their holidays for not being able to finish….nothing about being bone idle….so she’s leaving it half done over the winter…which no doubt will mean they’ll all need lifting again by spring and the whole rigmarole will start again

They could literally complete this today before midday if they got their lazy arses into gear
It's amazing that our building industry seems to manage to function more that 3 weeks a year. It's not like there has been torrential rain or snow for the past few weeks. They're a joke. If I had to live with him pissing around he'd be buried under that patio by now!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Screenshot
Thanks for that Pixie and Boutros!

Absolutely incredible. I'm not sure what the weather has been like in London but I live in south-west Scotland and there have been PLENTY of dry days here this summer. In fact, we've only had a few really rainy days over the last however many weeks. And surely if the worst came to the worst they could erect some kind of tent/shelter to keep the rain off? It's not a massive space so could be easily done. They could easily do it in a day, two tops, if they dedicated time to it. It's honestly baffling.

Thanks for that Pixie and Boutros!

Absolutely incredible. I'm not sure what the weather has been like in London but I live in south-west Scotland and there have been PLENTY of dry days here this summer. In fact, we've only had a few really rainy days over the last however many weeks. And surely if the worst came to the worst they could erect some kind of tent/shelter to keep the rain off? It's not a massive space so could be easily done. They could easily do it in a day, two tops, if they dedicated time to it. It's honestly baffling.
As an aside I follow a guy on insta who is DIY mad….he has a full time job with the ambulance service, two kids not dissimilar in ages to Alex’s, been on various UK trips and so far this last couple of months he’s built a pergola, covered it with roof tiles, built a bar, painted his hall, including removing skirting and relaid the floor….that’s just off the top of my head….he’s also been building a small pool from scratch…and these couple of clowns can’t even lay 10 floor tiles…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.