The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s made some good points about renting though. About mindset change and how actually on a smaller scale (if you had a local “clothes swapping” model rather than generic online renting) it is effective. I am guilty of buying so many clothes I never wear and have about 40 occasion dresses that either don’t fit me right now or are too fancy to wear very often. If there was a good option for me to loan them to people locally, I would!
Totally - I just find the fact that she’s making those points whilst almost constantly flogging/upselling really nauseating. Imagine the positive impact if she stopped affiliate linking her every move? It’s great to try and shift your behaviour but suggesting that you only buy ethically and for longevity when 12hrs before you’ve posted about the fast fashion summer dresses you’ve bought for a possible holiday when there’s like 2 weeks of summer left and you clearly have enough clothes for a life time is just wayyyyy to disingenuous for me. She rented that dress for effect not because she has any sort of commitment to shift her own consumption habits or to encourage those around her to do the same.

Reactions: 15
I do agree with her story about the article, although I haven’t read further into the subject. If they assume somebody wears a piece of clothing 200 times that doesn’t seem realistic. I haven’t rented any clothing but if I did it would be for a ‘fancy’ occasion. I don’t think I’ve even been to 200 events like that.

I’m sure often these type of outfits only get worn once or twice (obviously more of you donate or sell on after).

She went to some other Instagramers book lunch (I think) you really don't need to buy or rent clothes for that! I'm pretty sure it was an Ad or hidden Ad anyway. Renting a dress for such a low-key event when you claim to be scrimping every week makes no sense anyway so whatever she is on about is just bullshit to justify yet again her being in reality extravagant.

Reactions: 9
This is the woman that’s encouraging people to spend £25 on paper placemats and £150 on a pointless pan….it’s all for affect

Reactions: 6
As well as her shilling £12 (?) matches to light your cheap & nasty Flying Tiger paraffin candles that release not-very-good-for-you VOCs into your home 🤔
This is the woman that’s encouraging people to spend £25 on paper placemats and £150 on a pointless pan….it’s all for affect

Reactions: 11
I think the matches were £9 a box and according to her HP ad she sold 2000 boxes in a few days 🤑🤑

• Wow
I know people say she's covering Peggy's face because she's in school, but she should do the same for the boy. It gives me the impression something is wrong with her.

I know people say she's covering Peggy's face because she's in school, but she should do the same for the boy. It gives me the impression something is wrong with her.
Not wanting to start an argument but using a phrase such as ‘something is wrong with her’ is an awful thing to say and would upset any parent with a child who has special needs.

Alex probably has decided she doesn’t want to share Peggy’s face anymore now that she is a little older and would be more recognisable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All babies look the same but as kids get older they are more recognisable. Alex is a tit but I can’t fault her for covering her child’s face.

Not wanting to start an argument but using a phrase such as ‘something is wrong with her’ is an awful thing to say and would upset any parent with a child who has special needs.

Alex probably has decided she doesn’t want to share Peggy’s face anymore now that she is a little older and would be more recognisable.
Ack, stupid wording on my part. My apologies.

Reactions: 4
I actually think Cato has quite a distinctive ‘look’ for a baby, but it’s more that people would recognise her or her husband. There’s lots of weirdos out there, so I personally wouldn’t show my children at all if I was an influencer (but they ‘need’ to for the $$$ revenue). And if I did those weird walking stories that she does, I would post them the next day, so people wouldn’t track her by her outfit.

Her shorter and blonder hair looks good, but what a lot of fuss about it. Of course you close your eyes when the hairdresser washes your hair, or else you might get shampoo or water in them….

Such a fuss about the hairdressers! Her eyesight really isn’t that bad that she would be unable to do anything once she takes her glasses off.

Reactions: 3
My colleague also leaves the hairdresser with wet hair after a colour becuase she Is really cheap and won’t pay.

Reactions: 4
She goes to a hairdresser in Chelsea rather than local. I’m assuming she leaves with towel dried hair because it’s not gifted and she can’t afford it.

Am also baffled as to how her hair appts take 5 hours which is what she states in a comment. Unless she’s including travel time in that too.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The only reason you ever leave the hairdressers with wet hair is if you’re too tight to pay for a blow dry. Or at least a rough dry, why would you not do it, there’s no way you can see the actual colour when it’s wet. And why is she asking about tipping? Same as always surely?

Also won’t pay to get her hair dried but happy to drop £56 on some pointless jug and £44 on a set of mixing bowls she could get from TK Maxx for a tenner…I’ve said it before they spend their money on very strange things…and also if I was that skint those are not the things I’d be spending money on, to sit gathering dust…but when you’re faux poor I guess your priorities aren’t the same as someone actually struggling to pay the bills

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.