The Frugality #3 content is free, don’t care if it’s drivel, shopping in Sainsbury’s, pretending it’s Lidl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus isn’t that the printer + ink subscription model where if you aren’t fully paid up it won’t print anything for you even if you have ink? NO THANK YOU

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Plus isn’t that the printer + ink subscription model where if you aren’t fully paid up it won’t print anything for you even if you have ink? NO THANK YOU
Wow, that’s not helpful!

So convenient that the two new dresses have AL 🙄 - I like the blue one, but that style is a bit old now.

Wow, that’s not helpful!

So convenient that the two new dresses have AL 🙄 - I like the blue one, but that style is a bit old now.
I agreed, the purple (you think is blue, I think is purple) haha is nice. The orange/ black long dress is so Erica Davis, is like tell me you are a mother, without telling me you are a mother

1628641051343.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Such a mess everywhere. Why don't they turn the little blue "office" into the delivery/box room? Was that the kitchen in the ad for the printer? All I saw was that print hanging on the wall that said BLAH BLAH BLAH. I don't think I can take her much longer.

Reactions: 1
Such a mess everywhere. Why don't they turn the little blue "office" into the delivery/box room? Was that the kitchen in the ad for the printer? All I saw was that print hanging on the wall that said BLAH BLAH BLAH. I don't think I can take her much longer.
41ADBDDC-EB24-456C-BC1A-880D6F500996.jpeg

her picture gave me anxiety

Reactions: 3
The printer was in the extended bedroom upstairs, it was only there for the advert staging by the looks of it because it wasn’t plugged in, there were no wires coming from it.

See the kitchen table has been folded and is now stored in their living room along with everything else.

The printer was in the extended bedroom upstairs, it was only there for the advert staging by the looks of it because it wasn’t plugged in, there were no wires coming from it.

See the kitchen table has been folded and is now stored in their living room along with everything else.
Can someone ask if it's a wireless printer? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I would just find it exhausting living in a house that’s too cluttered to fit the furniture you need to live comfortably. It’s no longer a renovation site so why would you have all those boxes & your dining table stacked up opposite your sofa as seemingly a permanent feature?

Reactions: 5
I would just find it exhausting living in a house that’s too cluttered to fit the furniture you need to live comfortably. It’s no longer a renovation site so why would you have all those boxes & your dining table stacked up opposite your sofa as seemingly a permanent feature?
I agree.

Most of us need to do a little ‘tidy up’ when people come round, but to have to completely move everything around all the time for photos or whatever would be exhausting.

Oh F OFF with the sanctimonious posting about renting a dress. She’s such a dreadful consumer. Literally 70% of her content is about buying stuff and the other 20% about storage to put the stuff In. (I’ll leave 10% on the table for the fence). I just can’t believe she’s claiming to have an ethical, balanced approached to buying?!

Cool, fine, it’s Instagram, being vacuous and consumerist is the name of the game. But please lord don’t then lecture us about your ethical consumption habits and get on the soap box about a headline that is a little extrapolated, or worse yet the irritant followers who have dared to message you about it. What an ABSOLUTE joke. The level of cognitive dissonance she lives with is extraordinary

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Which isn’t actually better than buying and throwing away

She’s just salty that people have called her out.
still hasn’t addressed the Sainsbury’s/Lidl lie though 😂

Reactions: 7
I've read recently that renting clothes is actually terrible for the environment, due to the need for couriers to ferry these items all over the country. But hey if it makes influencers feel better about their consumerist habits (and make money by doing it, if they use On Rotation!) then who cares?!
(Edited: "their" not "the)

She’s made some good points about renting though. About mindset change and how actually on a smaller scale (if you had a local “clothes swapping” model rather than generic online renting) it is effective. I am guilty of buying so many clothes I never wear and have about 40 occasion dresses that either don’t fit me right now or are too fancy to wear very often. If there was a good option for me to loan them to people locally, I would!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.