Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I drink lemon juice

I find reno accounts to be toxic too. I took me a while to understand that most of these people received some kind of help from their family. How do these people afford a 650k house and gut it out and replace it with a massive extension almost immediately.
They also never point out that because they get so much skincare, make up, clothes, interior bits, etc, gifted that is another reason they have money to spend on renovation work and other aspirational middle class shite.

Reactions: 9

Libertine

VIP Member
That picture of the kitchen on the grid…so much stuff, random shelves, clutter, different colours that don’t really go….it’s like going into your mad auntie’s house who’s a hoarder
I thought it looked a bit like she had everything lined up that she no longer needed, had sold and was waiting to have collected.

• Haha

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
They also never point out that because they get so much skincare, make up, clothes, interior bits, etc, gifted that is another reason they have money to spend on renovation work and other aspirational middle class shite.
Yes this is where their gaslighting is at an all time high. All those luxury products that they don’t have to buy themselves. This will run into thousands of pounds. A quick look at Alex’s feed shows she has recently has a new dress, candles and skincare given for free. All the things that you usually have to buy yourself and there not have money left over for other things.
It’s gaslighting at its worse

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
These glasses stories are even more tedious than the fence painting and the patio tiling. Why is she making such an issue of it?

Readinginks

VIP Member
Nah it's still exactly the same. Just means it's a sticker to press rather than a swipe up. I've seen people who already have it. Instagram says the benefits of it are:
- everyone can use it not just those with over 10k followers
- people will now be able reply to stories with links in
- they can monitor what links are being shared to crack down on spam.

I wonder if it will make it easier to spot affiliate links too as you can't see the address until you swipe up at the moment.
This is actually a really good move in my opinion as instagram isn’t only about daft influencers but many creatives who have a small business may not have over 10k followers and will be able to promote their own work in this way.

Potsnpans

Is this woman still pretending to be poor? To be honest it’s insulting. I used to follow but stopped when she started buying the wonky veg boxes. She never knows what it is to really have to budget and it shows.

They started the tile work WC 14th of June! That’s two months ago and they’re maybe somewhere about half way through. (Yes, I looked it up, I’m so petty 🙈)
I overestimated the speed they’ve been going…10 tiles in 2 months, 26 left, so that’s at least another 5 months, not taking into account the weather and whatever free jaunts they’re taking themselves on next….so they might have it by next spring…they’re trolling us surely 😂😂

• Haha

Xanadu81

My god I detest this woman. Billions of people wear glasses, it’s really not a big fucking deal. I couldn’t even tell you if my friends or colleagues even wear them, that’s how insignificant they are when I look around a room.

This whole thing only started with her because of those ridiculous Dennis Nilsen style she wears that we laughed at.

There are more important things going on, Alex.

I unfollowed her a long time ago but forgot to unwatch this thread so just had to dip in to torture myself. Never again.

She is still my official worst woman on Instagram. An utter bellend.

Last edited:

Chatty Member
Imagine moaning about the work created by going back to work after maternity leave and then finding the time to find a million pictures of people wearing glasses to post to your stories. What is Chris doing while she does this work? I’m fascinated to understand how he fills his days!
he’s probably stoned and dicking about on his computer

• Haha

amayamay

I don’t know if she did the ‘parenting on holiday is hard’ to seem less braggy or more relatable but it made me cringe. If your holiday with your kids is that hard work to you, you’re doing it wrong and implies to me she’s either a. uptight about naps, food etc or b. has no gumption or backbone - it’s a beach holiday with 2 kids, not gulag- get real!

tatty400

Loooool that she’s preaching to her followers to make soup and not waste pumpkins but her rank ‘bin drawer’ :)sick:) shows she’s eating Cook ready meals. She must throw most of her gifted Oddboxes away, clearly this lazy pair are not doing much cooking from scratch. Despite the fact her husband is jobless?! Also have they actually employed someone called Kate, in their bomb site of a living room? To do what, put together those mind numbingly boring glasses stories?!

PastorBake

Chatty Member
I don't get it. Google tells me around 60% of UK adults wear glasses. It's not a thing that makes you special, it's normal. Nobody cares.

I'm a glasses wearer. In my experience nobody ever notices or cares that you are wearing glasses unless you wear really wacky glasses that don't suit your face. Maybe that's where Alex has gone wrong....

• Heart

CornedBeefHashtag

Her decision not to reveal the upstairs extension is telling. I’m fascinated by this! 🤣
It’s going to be very hard for her to reveal it at any point in the future, so long after the work has been completed.
It completely undermines the whole frugal shtick and is so disingenuous (bordering on dishonest!!).

GossipMongoose

VIP Member
Agreed re frugality. There is a lovely DIY IGer, Kezzabeth, I think her name is who is genuinely renovating on a shoestring. She and partner have FT min wage jobs and have recently had a baby. They do loads of innovative stuff themselves and interesting (if you like DIY/reno) content. It’s amazing what they’ve done on barely any £££ to their 2 up, 2 down terrace in the E mids. Not flashy or aspirational but proper graft. They’ve had a few bits of sponcon but nothing like the big accounts. “The Frugality” looks like an embarrassing, gaslighting joke next to accounts like these by people who are genuinely making every penny stretch.

Han___

I’m just confused. I feel all I do is say I’m confused about her, but she genuinely is so baffling to me. You go on holiday… sit in bed and eat crisps?
This is classic Alex though. Go on holiday, sit in room and eat supermarket snacks. For me, food literally makes a holiday. She’s so basic, only really
eats good food when it’s gifted but doesn’t have an issue burning her money at domino’s 🤷🏻‍♀️

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
They only play at being frugal/low income. Alex makes a good income from her Adverts, it is a lifestyle choice for Chris to work alongside her. She seems to be able to pick and chose when to work/when to have time off.

She makes a big deal of ‘saving up’ for stuff but she has to have the income to enable her to save. Her recent savings covered her extended maternity leave, her wardrobe doors, her patio tiles. Practically everything she buys for the house is what she ‘saved’ for. In reality, she has enough money left over after paying her mortgage/household/living/childcare costs to buy these things, might take a few months to afford some of the larger items, but isn’t that the same for most people. Anyone who buys sofa number four for a three bedroom house, even if it just cost £150, is certainly not hard-up in the true sense.

Readinginks

VIP Member
Oh poor Alex how exhausted she must be to have a lovely holiday in Spain with her family, my heart breaks for her!
Christ! I’d bloody love to have a holiday this year or even next but that’s not happening as we are super skint from my husband being made redundant at the beginning of the year and being unable to find a new job yet. Also she didn’t even have to pay for the accommodation!
Ugh fuck off
We finally managed to see our family (abroad) after two years and those three weeks was our holiday! Both my parents and my inlaws are elderly, so needless to say all those days were spent cleaning, fixing, repairing, painting the house and running to get appointments to various doctors that they otherwise refuse to see when not pressured by us! My MIL had two strokes last year, she’s not really mobile but refuses to let a “stranger” in her house to help. We were so exhausted both physically and mentally and continue to worry for the wellbeing of our family. So you can imagine how much fun we had on our holiday. I also had two miscarriages last year, lost four babies and would give anything to have a child. And then there’s Alex… 🤬

• Heart