Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Right so I’ve received the newsletter even though I don’t remember signing up for it. Has to be a joke - asking for donations for people to buy coffee to keep the frugality going?! Get a real job like everyone else!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
It’s strange more than anything, really I think. Alex was one of the first influencers I followed way back and I always enjoyed her content and bought lots of clothes that she recommended. Her posting style has changed so much now, I should really unfollow. It’s like she feels that her followers ‘owe’ her - I’m producing this feee content - buy me a coffee -when in fact she needs to create content to have followers/engagement so she can attract the advertisements which are her main source of income.

I think she just doesn’t enjoy being an influencer any more and gets no satisfaction from it (promoting a frugal/saving up/re-using/ethical lifestyle is not really her thing). She can’t really carry it off but it enables both herself and her husband to work part-time from home. High street fashion and styling were her thing.

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Didn’t take long to fill the garden with crap. Never gives a thought to practicality or comfort. The table is obviously the indoor one she was painting last week. An uncomfortable looking chair and bench. Plus two iron garden chairs which certainly don’t look comfortable for relaxing. Think I’ve spotted two side tables so far.

Plus several new outdoor children’s toys which is funny when we’ll get a lecture at Christmas that she will only be buying one gift for her children.

Funny too that she says she didn’t know until now what to do with a garden - her parents have a large garden which she held her wedding reception in.

Curio

Chatty Member
Command strips are great until one falls down in the middle of the night and you think you’ve been burgled. Speaking from ‘not doing the job properly’ experience here 🤣

• Haha

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
She should have stayed in her lane, which was well executed and polished outfits, mostly with high street labels, and occasional home styling.

And even more occasional glimpses of the husband.
I’d have to assume it’s because her niche didn’t make her enough money?

I’m being a smart ass in a lot of my comments, I don’t like bitching about people but her attitude annoys me she gets so angry & defensive about her “free” content. I used to like her content, it’s now spiralled into watching a grown woman be bratty & entitled online.

If she wants a luxe property like her sister & presumably friends why don’t they work harder. Some influencers do get to arse around all day & make a ton of money but it seems that’s not working out for Alex. People want a bit of escapism etc online, like a glossy magazine not holes in the walls etc.

Plus Alex isn’t qualified to give financial advice. Want to know what to do about your mortgage, go to an actual financial advisor or use a state body Citizens Information etc. Putting their kitchen on credit isn’t something to aspire to financially. First rule of being frugal is surely if you don’t have the money don’t buy it.

• Heart

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
It’s laughable that she calls Instagram ‘work’. The fact that both of them can live off the proceeds of her so called job is absurd

She should be kissing her followers feet imho - I’d feel as though I’d hit the jackpot if I was her ( supporting 2 adults, Reno London home, at home with my children all day, can afford nicknaks, spending time with partner) making a living doing naff all

she’s clearly not enjoying it but can’t jack it in as it pays the bills and neither of them have a proper days work in them
This. What up do when you have it good? Get some self-awareness - realise it’s great that you don’t have to slave away in an office or run around a hospital or teach 30 kids to pay your bills. She has a nice house, can make her own hours, choose what to work on, gets to see loads of her kids & husband. In nearly every way she has it made. She just doesn’t seem to realise it.

lonelygal

Oh, she’s actually boiling my blood at the moment. I’m usually a pretty laid back person but the entitlement is just shocking.

I will not be buying her a “coffee” while I can’t afford to buy myself one. Even if I could ... why would I do so to watch her spend a quarter of a year painting a bloody fence?

If they’re struggling for money then one of them should get a job that isn’t the frugality (haha) to see them through.

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
You’d wonder why she wasn’t upfront about the extension going up to the first floor level. She told us at the time they couldn’t afford a side extension, showed us the kitchen all through renovation, makeshift kitchen in living room, several posts about it. Even now, her exterior shots all seem to deliberately conceal the upper extension. The upstairs must have been in a mess too with building work in one of the rooms but no mention. She has showed us that bedroom with the doorless wardrobes and sofa bed but never mention room was recently extended. Very strange.

Obviously she can post/feature what she wants to but a little baffling when she appears to have shown the rest of the renovations.

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Normal people would buy textured outdoor tiles suitable for the 2/3 of the year when it rains at least once a day. Not Alex and her greasy husband. Like everything in their lives, it’s fashion over function.

Given she managed to install a stair runner that is so slippery she can only walk down it in soled shoes, you think she’d learn.

• Heart
  • Wow

jaymie

VIP Member
I
D

I don’t get it?! What?
The audacity. you chose to throw yourself out there as a content creator and you choose to offer money saving tips because that is your ‘niche’. You get paid through partnership or AL. Imagine you go to work and add value to your clients and you guilt your client to buy your coffee because you have done a good job. WTF
Sorry there are so many people that I would like to buy a coffee to, starting from my DPD driver and bin men..

• Heart

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
That’s exactly it. Dossing around painting the garden fence...surely you get to a point where you realise your business isn’t sustainable and think about at least one of you getting a proper job.
It’s also why should you or I give money to two people to doss around their garden or go for sunny lunches. If she showed herself slaving away creating the content it’d be different. At the moment it just looks like funding two people to have an easy life. I have spare money at the moment, I’ll be giving it to charity. I’m doing a shop for a local woman in need due illness.

• Heart

Soapboxchat

I've had to come out of long term lurking to scream PAINTING A GARDEN FENCE IS NOT CONTENT!!!

Thank you, I feel better now.

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Agree with all this but what astounded me the most was that they decided to put them in a room together for the first time when Cato had a cough. And as usual Alex is super surprised when that cough woke Peggy up! 🙈

• Haha

TGreece76

Problem is, we didn’t request to see influencers’ spouse. Influencers are often the one that shove their husband to our face, we didn’t ask to see her husband’s face (and his 🤮 hair). Just like we didn’t ask to see the Anna Newton’s husband but they are just like cockroaches.

Alex must be on acid if she thinks we want to know Chris’ whereabout. I hate the fact that I know his name
I’d rather not see her husband’s greasy mop of hair as often as we do, no problem with less Insta content on that!

Reactions: 10

VNaylor

Chatty Member
I’d have to assume it’s because her niche didn’t make her enough money?

I’m being a smart ass in a lot of my comments, I don’t like bitching about people but her attitude annoys me she gets so angry & defensive about her “free” content. I used to like her content, it’s now spiralled into watching a grown woman be bratty & entitled online.

If she wants a luxe property like her sister & presumably friends why don’t they work harder. Some influencers do get to arse around all day & make a ton of money but it seems that’s not working out for Alex. People want a bit of escapism etc online, like a glossy magazine not holes in the walls etc.

Plus Alex isn’t qualified to give financial advice. Want to know what to do about your mortgage, go to an actual financial advisor or use a state body Citizens Information etc. Putting their kitchen on credit isn’t something to aspire to financially. First rule of being frugal is surely if you don’t have the money don’t buy it.
Agree - I’m often in a bitchy mood when I come on these threads, and there’s probably an element of jealousy etc. But the asking for clothing tips, things for the children are so obviously begs for free stuff that it’s really off putting to people who are doing it tough - especially in current climate.

I think she had a great clothing style, and almost did a real capsule wardrobe with repeating outfits/pieces etc that was a lot more relatable, and dare I say it, frugal.

It seems like she’s really fallen into a ‘keeping up with the Jones’s’ trap, yet their finances clearly don’t support that lifestyle. A lot of the other influencers in her ‘tier’ (say under 500k followers) either have husbands working (Lily Pebbles, Katie Snooks, Erica Davies) or they are doing every ad available (say Anna Newton).

Willow1

I really liked The Frugality but think it's such bad taste bringing up her twins in her response. A completely unrelated tragedy.

If she takes it seriously then why is the room completely unsafe, why has she still left the picture up for others to copy? Her strange lie too, that the pic is old and they take the books down every night. Just own your mistake

• Heart

Bla bla bla yawn

I don’t know if I’m just tight.. but filling your house full of art and then also having it all mounted and framed isn’t very frugal?!

also things such as buying trendy art and fancy ceramic olive oil bottles.. when she mentions there’s a hole in the roof and the outside of the house is a state?

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
The we don’t have childcare when neither seem to work that much is a bit daft.

It’s a pity I didn’t know her when she was doing fashion stuff. I really liked her interiors when I first started watching.

She’s become very abrasive, like the glasses thing, look at Julia Roberts in glasses. Yes surprise Julia looks good in glasses! Is this the content she needs childcare for?