Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lonelygal

Tomorrow I’m painting my fence. At least I hope I am.... perhaps it will take me two months?

I have a baby, does that mean an extra month added on?

On the plus side, her choice of colour has helped me decide what I don’t want.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Dizzy

VIP Member
And here we have yet another self obsessed influencer telling us how special and brave they are by having their jab because it’s not like the entire fucking country is doing the exact same thing. ‘For those concerned about my over sized shirt, it was ok, I was in a cubicle. I’ve booked a sick day off for tomorrow’. NO-ONE 👏🏻 GIVES 👏🏻 A 👏🏻 SHIT 👏🏻

• Haha

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
I don’t understand her logic. Yes they needed a bigger bed in their room, why not put the existing bed in the spare room and get a new bed? Why did they get that stupid sofa bed which they destroyed the house with getting upstairs.
They come across as kids who have just moved out of their parents house not people who are in their second owned property with kids

Readinginks

VIP Member
Conclusion: no matter the size of a house, this woman can fill it with crap to brim! 😂 How do they lack storage space in a comfortably sized 3bed house?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

uberoblique

Chatty Member
The glasses are truly awful how can she not see that.
She’s definitely reading here today. There’s a snarky post today about people telling her she looks better without glasses.

No one has said that Alex, it’s just that your taste in glasses is horrendous.

• Haha

Pegsypog

Ugh this just annoys me. It’s not “free tapas”. It’s pinxos which is the bar’s way of welcoming you and encouraging you to stay and order lots of drinks and food over the course of the evening. Not some free for all scran with one pint of beer 🙄

View attachment 636057
I don’t understand what she’s on about...sure certain areas of Spain are wayyy cheaper than London but unless you sublet your place Spain won’t be cheaper than London.
I mean how can you make a profit if you are paying mortgage/rent in London and still have to rent in Spain plus flight and car hire etc..doesn’t make any sense

Very well put. The biggest issue I have is that she seems annoyed at the fact that she provides her content “for free”.
Exactly. If you are so resentful of it then don't bloody bother? And as has been raised by someone else further back (sorry I can't be bothered scrolling to find the exact comment to quote - you know who you are!) there's only been 3 or so 'free' blog posts this year. Ok I get it being on maternity leave slows this, but they weren't exactly being churned out at lightening speed before either? At the risk of giving away a bit of personal info my job involves contributing to or writing single-handedly a weekly article, and on top of that a longer-form piece once a month, and then a bigger report-length piece every quarter. And I manage that just fine. Like Alex has chosen to be a content creator, I have chosen to do a job that involves a lot of research and writing, so even if I can't be bothered I just get on with it, I don't get the begging bowl out. If she has lost her passion for content creation maybe it isn't the right line of work for her anymore, and that's ok!

freethe40foot1

She is trying to come across as a scatty parent who is too busy to tidy up. That would all be grand if she and her husband worked 40 hour weeks and were just too exhausted like the rest of us to tidy up. Like I’ve said before it’s almost like her and Chris skipped the bit about being adults and just continued living in student digs except with kids and so much cluttter. She is the middle class equivalent of mrs hinch in that while mrs hinch attracts the crushed grey velvet and live laugh love brigade while Alex is channelling Oliver bonas and laredoute rugs like the hoopers the Telford or any of those other blaggers. What they both have in common is a love of tatty storage baskets

• Heart

Spanner

Chatty Member
I used to like her style and her interior stuff. The travel stuff was useful too although she lost her way a bit. Thought she was harmless enough, even though the walking along silently while holding the phone thing has been annoying me for years. The pretending Sainsbury’s was Lidl last week was bizarre

This cot stuff is horrible. I don’t know why she’d use the loss of her twins to make the point she did. And like she takes all the books down every time he has a nap! And all the very worthy books pushed to the front, it’s so embarrassing (I know someone who claims a book about Harriet Tubman is her 3 year olds favourite. Ok!)

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
It’s getting ridiculous, for months Alex was selling us Oddbox’s fruit/veg boxes, starting price around £10 and preaching about the ethics of it being grown in the UK and being saved from waste. Last week it was very overpriced frozen veg cubes for toddlers. Today it is the £1.50 box of fruit and veg box from Lidl. Last week it was begging for ’coffee’ donations and buying expensive sandals. Not so long ago, if I remember correctly, she was talking about donating to a food bank or similar - imagine someone reading her post today who would feel they were thrown a life-line if they could buy that £1.50 box.

No consistency, thought, focus or direction.

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
It’s still hard to believe that a person whose account is called The Frugality sold £9 matches.

• Haha

RosiePosy

Chatty Member
New to this thread so it might have been discussed already. Is the reason she has stopped her official Frugality page because they will be claiming Furlough from it? Given G Fletcher has claimed 30k.

• Wow

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
She likes them sharing because it leaves the the third bedroom (the recently extended one) feee for her own wardrobe, a sofa bed and for it to be another staging room. She doesn’t need another child’s room cutely decorated to show her diverse range of children’s books, the absence of any plastic, etc.

• Heart

freethe40foot1

Jesus Christ,what did she think people with real jobs did during lockdown? Here’s a tip if you are struggling to find the time to put together your vanity project newsletter. Work in the evenings and take turns to mind your child by day. I can’t imagine anything she does requires 9-5 attendance.

• Heart
Those food cubes her sister sent...WTF...£25 for 8 meals for a baby...someone is laughing all the way to the bank with that one...16 cubes of puréed veg must only cost a couple of quid.
excellent for tired mums...painting that fence had really taken it out of them

• Wow

Dizzy

VIP Member
If I went onto social media and announced that I didn’t want to spend money on an anorak my friends would think I’d gone stark raving mad. Why do we need to know this?! God she’s so B A S I C

• Haha

jaymie

VIP Member
More prints to clutter her place.

I really don't get her F&B obsessions when nothing is completed yet. I understand why people would want to paint their house in F&B, but when there are holes, socket to be fixed, loose floor board, should you be prioritising those? And who paint F&B on kids room because you can't really touch up the paint.

Anyway, she said she isn't sure what is her brand anymore. Alex, maybe how to catfish being middle class is your thing.

I am fuming that she is gifted nduja, she eats white bread ffs, she should be spreading ketchup on her toast, not nduja.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart