Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Oh me too. I also shop at Waitrose and have a range of other highly non frugal spending habits. I also love a Pound Shop, am partial to an Ebay bargain and batch cook with the best of them. That’s the thing about being a normal well rounded human, you’re probably doing a bit of splurging, a bit of saving, and muddling your way through without considering any of it a topic of conversation, never mind the basis for a whole career. Never had a Dominos though. I obviously need to up my game!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Does she think that people budgeting don’t go to Sainsbury’s. They have decent offers and a basics range and our local one certainly isn’t full of middle class people. Equally aldi isnt just full of the working classes. There was a Lamborghini in the car park of ours today when I nipped in….her behaviour is getting stranger

Dizzy

VIP Member
She did talk about getting her teeth fixed but said it was a private matter, or words to that effect.

I can’t lie, her scrimping and penny pinching on essentials bugs the shit out of me. I know it’s her USP and I’m all for reusing and recycling etc but ‘living on free tapas’ when they choose to go to Spain for a month, ‘buy us a coffee’ when they choose to both not really work - what a pair of freeloaders.

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
It’s a pity though she’s given up the fashion side of things. Her interiors really isn’t inspiring these days but she was great for doing the leg-work and suggesting where to get the best pair of jeans/summer trousers/sandal/boot or whatever. She didn’t have a large wardrobe of clothes but her pieces worked together and were affordable and wearable. She was the best it it.

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Her ‘content’ may be free but she needs to have her audience/followers to enable her to work for brands and be paid to advertise for them. She also needs followers for her to have an income from affiliate links.

Alex is becoming very entitled, does not want to work but still wants/needs an income. Saying her site is free for now - does she really think it’s interesting enough that people would pay to subscribe up it ?? I’m not sure how she had the audacity to beg for people ’to buy her a coffee’.

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
121 cups now, so that’s £363, enough to cover her grocery bill for the next month or so.

She’s lost touch with reality or needs to live in the real world for a while. Saying she wants to figure out new work ways for them as she’s spent years putting work first and developing bad working habits and then is begging others to fund this. How about either herself or her husband finding a job that provides a regular and steady income.

It‘s sickening really.

• Sick
Her tiles will drive me crazy, I think many influencers renovated their house in 2017-2018, and 3 years later, it is already looking so dated. I think there are too many things going on (as usual eh?), herringbone tiles with black grout, the blue tiles and the Victorian sinks and loo.

View attachment 641308
The best example of this ever is the hoopers - mother and father of daughters. She was publicly disgraced in 2019 but their house is ghastly and unfinished there they couldn’t afford to finish it without the plethora of Insta freebies.

Tbh most brands have stopped giving away big ticket Reno freebies, especially during the pandemic when everyone’s been doing up their house they’ve just not needed to? 2017-9 were the glory days, now they’ve got to pay for their tat 😬

Reactions: 11
I’d have so much more respect if she left the very limited number of £1.50 Veg Box for people that need rather than buying to perform for us. What a confused existence.

• Heart
Also, making “loads of pasta for the week”. COME ON. It’s Pasta. It takes 7 minutes to cook. YOU DONT BATCH COOK PASTA. I find watching her narrate her life like watching a slo-mo car crash. I really do.

rangelife

Wow, what an odd (and pointless) thing to lie about, that you’re easily going to get caught out on. Like the double extension. Does she think her audience are stupid?

What does it matter to her ‘brand’ that she shops in sainsbury’s as well as Lidl? Most people shop around to get bargains
I think she's desperately clinging on to her frugality brand but lying about what supermarket you're in is so much worse than just admitting you went to Sainsbury's. I don't know what her family background is but this idea that you can't be frugal/live sensibly unless you always shop at aldi or lidl seems like a middle class misunderstanding about the way common/working class people live. When really people just go to the nearest supermarket and as mentioned above 'shop around for bargains'. Just very strange behaviour.

• Heart
I’d have so much more respect if she left the very limited number of £1.50 Veg Box for people that need rather than buying to perform for us. What a confused existence.
Agreed completely. We’re in a recession with higher than normal unemployment, considering the prevalence that’s had in the news (and how in London its disproportionately affecting young black ppl) you’d think she’d have the common sense to leave it for a family that may need it.

Feel the same way about Jack Monroe boasting about her yellow sticker hauls. Fab but maybe leave it for someone without Del Monte & Unilever corporate sponsorships?

jaymie

VIP Member
In today’s headlines, massive online oversharers find boundaries.

View attachment 547434
Problem is, we didn’t request to see influencers’ spouse. Influencers are often the one that shove their husband to our face, we didn’t ask to see her husband’s face (and his 🤮 hair). Just like we didn’t ask to see the Anna Newton’s husband but they are just like cockroaches.

Alex must be on acid if she thinks we want to know Chris’ whereabout. I hate the fact that I know his name

• Haha
  • Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
This is hilarious! And surely Lidl wouldn't sell so many varieties of washing products. The red price labels look like Sainsburys. The floor sticker is in burgundy and orange - Sainsburys colours! Why would you lie :oops:

• Haha

Readinginks

VIP Member
I would love to be able to reduce my hours at my full time job to focus on my small printmaking business. However, like anyone with common sense or a bit of self-awareness, I am not giving up my stable income for something that is financially simply not lucrative enough for me to live on, no matter how much I would love to turn my art hobby into my full time job. Having seen Alex and Chris beg for donations after doing nothing for more than a year and still managing to get a new kitchen extension done, maybe I should start a go fund me page so I can live my dream! 🤔

• Heart
Doesn’t everyone else do DIY with their children in the bouncer/eating mud/watching frozen for the 900th time? Or just us?!

• Haha