Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bla bla bla yawn

I actually get the chair, it’s handy to sit on when bathing little kids, no? I have a chair in my family bathroom. I used to used to sit on when my kids were little and in the Bath. I now use it to put towels on it.
I sit on the toilet (lid down 🙊) does that make me a tramp? 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Dizzy

VIP Member
Just for a bit of context, she’s done 3 blog posts since Christmas and one of those is the John Lewis ad. Where’s this great content again? Cos this ain’t it.

• Heart

uberoblique

Chatty Member
This might make me seem very ungrateful but I’d be inwardly groaning if someone handed me Tiger candles wrapped in ribbons as a gift, not least because cheap candles are really toxic.

• Wow
  • Haha
Imagine when the kids go to school and they’re asked what their parents do….well they take about 2 months to paint a fence, film it and put it on the internet because they think strangers are interested….what a life

• Haha
Sorry, but she doesn't provide content for free in the same way ITV doesn't provide content for free. They provide content for ad revenues that they in turn use to pay the "bills" so to speak. It really annoys me when influencers act like all this hard work is for free and totally from the bottom of their hearts....It's not. And much like SKY (and some influencers e.g The Vitamin D project that she's always liking) she has the option to provide premium contact for a subscription. A quick look at The Frugality's (and other influencers) companies house records and the properties they are all purchasing show this is in no way free.

• Heart

Libertine

VIP Member
The garden is fine as it is for now. It doesn’t need to be filled with random bits. It‘s got a concrete area that will do for a patio, a grassed area for the kids to play on. Perfectly adequate.
The garden is going to be the outdoor equivalent of a gallery wall, isn’t it? Loads of small pots that are more difficult to keep alive than a garden bed. Then maybe several different tiny, impractical seating options.

I agree the garden is currently completely serviceable and very practical for small children who tend to be rough on plants and grass.

• Haha

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I don’t believe her when she says the chips were made during fitting, surely if that was the case the fitter would have touched them up. My guess is it’s not wearing well but she doesn’t want to admit to that.

Right? JUST GET ON WITH IT. I think she’s a classic case of way too much time on her hands, and so every little thing becomes a big deal/task like fixing a path or building a flat pack wardrobe. The busier I am the better I get at outsourcing, making snap decisions, being really strategic about time Vs money calculations, and just generally moving things along.

she couldn’t have been working more than like 10 or 15hrs a week before Cato was born right? With Chris also at home and Peggy at nursery what could she possibly have been doing with all that time?

Posted too early. I mean she now just posts about the most mundane shit like painting a fence and having a pizza at franco manca? And I think I had started losing respect when someone who is meant to be savvy with money was selling those overpriced matches. I then lost it all when I went onto Instagram having recently had a baby myself and saw a post where she was wearing a lilac cardigan. Thought it looked nice then clicked on it and realised she was being paid to advertise Sezane clothing that she claimed “helped me keep my style identity” - lucky her.

Well, I’ve never been to a Tiger. How long have they been around? Also, haven’t been to Wood Green in a long time either.
It’s a sort of Scandi Middle Class pound shop. A beacon of semi-good taste tat in Wood Green. That along with the Pret in the same forecourt was the highlight of the decade for the masses priced out of Crouch End. I’m being a total snob about Wood Green. Having lived there for much of my 20’s though I feel perfectly entitled!

• Haha
I don’t get how they are making money out of this “content”? Genuinely curious. I’m on maternity leave. Today I’ve been to a baby class, had a salad for lunch and baked a cake, I’ve had a lovely day but why would anyone else care? It must be very tiresome to have to keep uploading stuff especially when you aren’t doing anything?

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Watching this thread is starting to feel like a very slow motion car crash. Aren't they terrified of how they are going to pay their mortgage for the next 10, 20, 30 (?) years? Alex's previous career was in a dying industry and Chris doesn't seem to have ever had a career...

• Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
There's a reason 99% of female influencers have a wealthy husband in a good job. Especially all the ex-magazine crew like Alex. And she demonstates perfectly why they need one.

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Love how in her Christy‘s towel advert on stories today she said with kids she likes using dark and bold towels as they suit their ‘home style‘ so much more - when she did a story tour of her family bathroom a few months ago, she had a soft pink towels hanging up As well as white with a black strips -neither dark and bold.

• Wow
Reactions: 9

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Finding it amusing she’s said in a story this afternoon she wants an overgrown meadowy garden. Not sure how she’s going to achieve that in a small garden with a large part if it patio. Unless she is going to remove the trampoline, shed thing, random crappy furniture, etc. No sense of practicality - an overgrown meadow effect isn’t going to be much fun for her kids to kick a ball around or play in.

She‘s just jumping on the trend of wild gardening and will be lecturing us on saving the pollinators next (as if none of us knew the importance of this already). And no doubt growing her own veg.

I suspect she’s reading here the way she keeps mentioning painting those bloody fences. Notice on her latest blog post, she’s still making sure there is no glimpse of her upstairs extension.

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
It’s funny no-one spotted the room was suddenly enlarged but I suppose unless you actually studied every detail, you’d just assume it was a different room. There she was telling us she couldn’t afford wardrobe doors but no mention they’d just done extensive building work to extend the room and move the fire-place, etc. Just goes to highlight how easily impressions can be created.

freethe40foot1

Mother of Devine Jesus, is she still painting that fucking fence. I have officially unfollowed her today. I’d rather watch a feed of the paint drying on the fence than spend any more time watching her stories

• Haha

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
Again uncomfortable! Why would you want to spend an evening on flimsy mental chair & a bench. Something solid with a back for me please.