The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She didn't show that 2 storey extension as it cost ££££s makes sense as to why it took so long! I mean I'd be pissed if I donated to her 'keep my crappy blog' going fund to know she just paid for a 2 storey house extension and £150 sandles she really does live in another world.

Reactions: 14
I wondered if they own the fences that they are painting.

We installed fences all the way around the inside of our boundary (to hide all the mismatching ugly fences belonging to 5 different neighbours) some of the neighbours then removed their fences and I’d be so pissed off if they then painted their side of ours.
I vaguely remember the insane use of tiny artist paint brushes was to avoid getting paint on the other side of the fence? Could be a shared fence I guess, if such a thing exists? (I'm not a garden owner so wouldn't know)

Reactions: 3
I noticed that they have a £42 toddler toilet step in the main bathroom too (along with loads of other random items on the floor)

£42 for a plastic step that looks chicer than the IKEA £4 alternative

Reactions: 2
Is Peggy the one with hacked fringe ? Also this eBay tit she's showing. All grey and bobbled. Rather but new stuff from Primark than pay for this tit. My mop looks better

Interesting about the extension stuff. In Alex’s weekend roundup she just talked about what TV they’d watched (a lot!) and not having people over…

Is Peggy the one with hacked fringe ? Also this eBay tit she's showing. All grey and bobbled. Rather but new stuff from Primark than pay for this tit. My mop looks better
But that’s her official USP - reuse clothes and buy secondhand rather than contribute to the worlds horrifying addiction to fast fashion.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But that’s her official USP - reuse clothes and buy secondhand rather than contribute to the worlds horrifying addiction to fast fashion.
The problem is there are accounts that just do it SO much better. I’m really into this (and a new mum) and follow quite a few but the quality of their output / clothes is just so much better.

The problem when you are bound to one corporate sponsor is you can’t share a realistic portrayal of what it’s like to try and be slightly more sustainable as a parent. Facebook groups are key in this reduce / reuse cycle but until FB or PayPal pay her she won’t ever mention them. Tbh she probably doesn’t use them...

You’d wonder why she wasn’t upfront about the extension going up to the first floor level. She told us at the time they couldn’t afford a side extension, showed us the kitchen all through renovation, makeshift kitchen in living room, several posts about it. Even now, her exterior shots all seem to deliberately conceal the upper extension. The upstairs must have been in a mess too with building work in one of the rooms but no mention. She has showed us that bedroom with the doorless wardrobes and sofa bed but never mention room was recently extended. Very strange.

Obviously she can post/feature what she wants to but a little baffling when she appears to have shown the rest of the renovations.

Reactions: 11
The problem is there are accounts that just do it SO much better. I’m really into this (and a new mum) and follow quite a few but the quality of their output / clothes is just so much better.

The problem when you are bound to one corporate sponsor is you can’t share a realistic portrayal of what it’s like to try and be slightly more sustainable as a parent. Facebook groups are key in this reduce / reuse cycle but until FB or PayPal pay her she won’t ever mention them. Tbh she probably doesn’t use them...
Oh I couldn’t agree more. I’m very much of the reduce, reuse, recycle mindset and I’m pleased that she’s at least promoting that ideal. The execution however leaves a lot to be desired…. Congratulations on your new babe BTW! 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is the upstairs room which has been extended:

It looks like they’ve moved the fireplace in there too.

This is the upstairs room which has been extended:

It looks like they’ve moved the fireplace in there too.
Their planning permission was granted the month before they did this post on how to renovate on zero budget

so disingenuous when you read it now knowing that

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It’s funny no-one spotted the room was suddenly enlarged but I suppose unless you actually studied every detail, you’d just assume it was a different room. There she was telling us she couldn’t afford wardrobe doors but no mention they’d just done extensive building work to extend the room and move the fire-place, etc. Just goes to highlight how easily impressions can be created.

Reactions: 9
They painted and styled that room (which really was tiny tbf) a month before they got permission to knock down the back wall?! Are they insane?

Alex features in the latest issue of Wardrobe Icons magazine. Apparently "What I love about The Frugality is that it’s not about being cheap, it’s about making intelligent purchases."
According to google the definition of "frugal" is "sparing or economical as regards money or food" (emphasis mine). AHA! It makes sense now :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
She is transitioning herself into a full fledged lifestyle guru, something like Lily Pebbles, without a niche. So she can work with all the brands available: Ebay, Amazon, Coffee, Made.com, Kleenex.....

They painted and styled that room (which really was tiny tbf) a month before they got permission to knock down the back wall?! Are they insane?
Not exactly insane - I’m certain that blog post was an ad for a camera. So they styled the room to create advertising content.

I suspect they painted/did the room up to fit with some ad content and be able to have someone stay over

But why not say ‘this room will be affected by our building works so it’s not worth spending any money on it’

they’ve added three sash windows to that room which would have been expensive.

Alex features in the latest issue of Wardrobe Icons magazine. Apparently "What I love about The Frugality is that it’s not about being cheap, it’s about making intelligent purchases."
According to google the definition of "frugal" is "sparing or economical as regards money or food" (emphasis mine). AHA! It makes sense now :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn’t class a room that fits a double bed and drawers as tiny.

Reactions: 4
Haha yeah fair enough - it wasn't a box room. I just meant I could see why they decided to make it bigger. Gotta have somewhere to store those coats!

• Haha
We are taking pictures in our courtyard? You mean your garden??? Oh my mistake, you’re middle class, sorry! 🤨

• Haha
Not taking pictures. “Shooting”. Haaaaaaa. Chris and his camera do not a photo shoot make Alex. I’ve said this before but she has such a terribly inflated sense of both self and career

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.