The Frugality #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s @the_wisos and you’ll find the photo in her stories. The extension looks quite substantial but still somehow oddly placed and clunky.
pretty sure that’s not an extension, the houses on either side look to have the same.

Reactions: 2
It’s @the_wisos and you’ll find the photo in her stories. The extension looks quite substantial but still somehow oddly placed and clunky.
Wow, Alex's sister's style is radically different! Pretty light and airy home compared to Alex and Chris' charity shop look.

Reactions: 4
pretty sure that’s not an extension, the houses on either side look to have the same.
It is the extension. It’s the kitchen she was showing during the works being half done last year.
Also, there are terraced houses where every other one has a bay window to the back. That would explain why the other two houses have the same layout as Alex’s now with the extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

As per her blog post and the floor plans she extended her kitchen by 2 metres in the same style as her neighbours. The photo on her sisters stories shows that she must've done the same upstairs....But weirdly didn't mention it

Because I’m nosy AF I’ve just looked at the planning application which confirms that it was a two storey extension in a style to match others on the street (hence the shape)
It looks like they’ve made the third/space room double it’s original size.
Also the neighbour attached whose house has had an identical extension objected on the basis of loss of light/privacy 😬.

As per her blog post and the floor plans she extended her kitchen by 2 metres in the same style as her neighbours. The photo on her sisters stories shows that she must've done the same upstairs....But weirdly didn't mention it
I think that’s weird not to mention it.
but explains why they’ve suddenly added fitted wardrobes to that back bedroom now it’s much larger

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Because I’m nosy AF I’ve just looked at the planning application which confirms that it was a two storey extension in a style to match others on the street (hence the shape)
Also the neighbour attached whose house has had an identical extension objected on the basis of loss of light/privacy 😬.

but explains why they’ve suddenly added fitted wardrobes to that back bedroom now it’s much larger
This is so funny! HAHA I bet their neighbour hate them, it is pretty unreasonable to object it when they have done the same themselves lol

Reactions: 7

The room above the kitchen is the guest room with all her coats? I'm all turned around.

Conclusion: no matter the size of a house, this woman can fill it with crap to brim! 😂 How do they lack storage space in a comfortably sized 3bed house?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Novice to all this question:

How can two adults afford to buy and live in London, with two children and neither of them have a proper job?? Is #Ad work that lucrative??

She won’t know what to be more pissed at, the picture of Peggy or the fact she’s outed her having a two storey extension which she’s never once mentioned....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wondered if they own the fences that they are painting.

We installed fences all the way around the inside of our boundary (to hide all the mismatching ugly fences belonging to 5 different neighbours) some of the neighbours then removed their fences and I’d be so pissed off if they then painted their side of ours.

I wonder why she didn't mention it, I think partly because she cannot then play the 'frugality' card. I was wondering why didn't they install a skylight like all other IG.

I cannot forgive her for removing the balcony

I wonder why she didn't mention it, I think partly because she cannot then play the 'frugality' card. I was wondering why didn't they install a skylight like all other IG.

I cannot forgive her for removing the balcony
the balcony has come down through disrepair and will be reinstalled at some point. You can see from the front of their house that the railing has gone etc.

the balcony has come down through disrepair and will be reinstalled at some point. You can see from the front of their house that the railing has gone etc.
I thought she got rid of the access door altogether, and put up a window instead.

I thought she got rid of the access door altogether, and put up a window instead.
They removed the door to create the ensuite and put a new door in the bedroom, it’s the left hand ‘window’ that is the new door

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.