The Food Medic #2 The Instahun Factor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She mentions the societal pressures on women to have kids in her video and her resisting them, what about resisting the societal pressure to get a tit tonne of Botox and filler to become an instahun? Caved pretty quick at that didn’t she

Can hardly take the high ground on any other issue
Doing the same shir as Zanna, are these girls not tired? Like go live your life!

Reactions: 2
I’m no expert on egg freezing but have been trying to read up on it recently.

I don’t know the background on her and whether she was gifted and I don’t want to offend upset anyone here with this but there’s a lot out there about egg freezing at the minute and it’s almost being presented as this easy option to delay pregnancy when in some cases it’s a sham.

It would be great if she raises awareness on it, it costs thousands and there’s lots of older women pushing towards things like this despite the fact egg quality will be in decline. She has a duty to really present the facts on this as it’s not the whole cure it’s being sold as and pregnancy when you’re older isn’t a walk in the park.

I just really hope she’s sensitive with this topic

Reactions: 8

I don’t know the background on her and whether she was gifted and I don’t want to offend upset anyone here with this but there’s a lot out there about egg freezing at the minute and it’s almost being presented as this easy option to delay pregnancy when in some cases it’s a sham.

It would be great if she raises awareness on it, it costs thousands and there’s lots of older women pushing towards things like this despite the fact egg quality will be in decline. She has a duty to really present the facts on this as it’s not the whole cure it’s being sold as and pregnancy when you’re older isn’t a walk in the park.

I thought this too. I’ve done a lot of reading on it and it doesn’t seem to be quite the miracle that it’s sold to be

Reactions: 4
I thought this too. I’ve done a lot of reading on it and it doesn’t seem to be quite the miracle that it’s sold to be
You're right - it really isn't. Freezing eggs is much different to freezing embryos. Eggs don't survice the freezing process as well as embryos, they then have to go through the fertilisation and make it to day 5 or at least day 3 embryos before they can be transferred or frozen. It's by no means a sure means of a baby.

Reactions: 4
I think there is some slight generalisations going on here. It’s by no means a ‘sham’, nor have I heard people claim it’s a ‘miracle.’ It’s a highly regulated area of medicine. Time will tell if Hazel handles it sensitively and hopefully highlights the risks and challenges but as someone who has done it and recommends it, it would be good to see it being talked about in an accessible way and I think it’s a good use of her platform. More useful than some of the crap she’s been spouting recently.

Reactions: 3
You're right - it really isn't. Freezing eggs is much different to freezing embryos. Eggs don't survice the freezing process as well as embryos, they then have to go through the fertilisation and make it to day 5 or at least day 3 embryos before they can be transferred or frozen. It's by no means a sure means of a baby.
Couldn’t have said it any better! Egg freezing is sold as preserving your fertility. In many cases it’s better to make and freeze embryos as the eggs just survive the thaw. I know people who froze their eggs and not one survived! What a way to spend £10K

Reactions: 6
I love how she ‘isn’t sure if she was going to share it’ yet videoed every step

Reactions: 12

No I’ve heard this too. A few years ago there was this guy who was an expert in the area on this morning complaining that the industry is shamelessly selling women hope, it’s really sad

In her story today, is she sitting in a car with the seatbelt tied behind her?? Her credibility is flailing by the day - she is so far removed from the Food Medic i started following a couple of years ago

• Wow
Reactions: 9
In her story today, is she sitting in a car with the seatbelt tied behind her?? Her credibility is flailing by the day - she is so far removed from the Food Medic i started following a couple of years ago
Such a good spot! The car is clearly moving too… it baffles me how she’s changed so much in such a short space of time

Reactions: 5
I thought that Zoe thing was run by Tim Spector and someone else who don’t give factual dietary advice. Surprised she’s associated with them

I thought that Zoe thing was run by Tim Spector and someone else who don’t give factual dietary advice. Surprised she’s associated with them
A bit off topic but what's the deal with Zoe/Tim Spector? I heard him on a podcast years ago, I thought he was a legit professor, peer-reviewed etc??

Ahh… the journey that she didn’t know if she wanted to share, that she filmed in detail just in case, but decided to share to help other people… turns out you can get the details if you pay to be a food medic member. She’s hilarious, she has become a total parody of herself.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Ahh… the journey that she didn’t know if she wanted to share, that she filmed in detail just in case, but decided to share to help other people… turns out you can get the details if you pay to be a food medic member. She’s hilarious, she has become a total parody of herself.
how crass! She’s unrecognisable. I thought she was all about accessibility and sharing resources, oh but only if you pay £4.99 a month. Laughable

Reactions: 8
how crass! She’s unrecognisable. I thought she was all about accessibility and sharing resources, oh but only if you pay £4.99 a month. Laughable
Well if it isn't gifted she has to pay for it somehow, god forbid she pays for it out of her own pocket.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.