Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She has lost a lot of weight. Not surprising given that she considers a plate of kale and a slice of chicken to be a meal I guess!!
I screenshotted this story because of the egregious photo manipulation. I know a 0.5 zoom can elongate the lower half of the body but she’s purposely manipulated this photo because the locker and bookcase behind her are suffering from vertical wobbly line syndrome.

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t got more traction recently. When I first discovered her in 2017 I thought it was great that I seemed to have found someone fitness related that actually had all the credentials (Qualified doctor, nutritionist and personal trainer) to back up what she was saying. She was juggling a demanding career, popular blog and social media which was commendable and I found her very relatable but now I look back there were issues even back then. I bought her first book and attempted to make the Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls, I realised that I needed over double the amount of coconut oil in the recipe to get them to stick together. She claimed the recipe made approximately 12 golf-ball sized balls, I can only assume she’d never got close to a golf ball, the portion sizes were tiny and if you wanted to make them golf ball sized you’d have got about 5, max out of the recipe. With all the changes that needed to be made, they worked out at just over 300 calories each so I realised it just wasn’t worth it.

As the years rolled on I ignored some of the more annoying posts and stories because I still enjoyed most of her content.

When she was single and in her old flat I was surprised that she posted so many stories where, with a bit of time and google maps, you could work out where she lived. It was obviously a ground floor flat, she had a very recognisable door mat and would post her running route, disguising specifics but still identifying the area she lived in. I was impressed that she could afford all the rent and bills on one salary as well as the weekly flowers, posh gym etc but, as now discovered, she comes from a wealthy family, must have been doing well from books sales, blog stuff etc and doesn’t always declare freebies.

Again, when she was single in the old flat, she would often post OOTD pictures with links (of course) and then get arsey during Q and As when people asked what size and height she was. She never replied to the size questions and replied to the height question with “5 foot 5 (Why does it even matter)”. When you post OOTD pictures, your height does matter as people want to know what height you are so they can compare how the clothes/trouser leg/skirt length sit on your body to how they may sit on theirs for goodness sake :rolleyes:.

When she started selling on deepop I had a look to be nosey and find out her size (6, which is no surprise, why she didn't just tell people I don’t know because she had to put the size of her clothes on deepop) and found a jumper she was trying to sell which in the description said had a large stain which could’t be removed on the arm. She was trying to sell a stained jumper for £10 on Deepop, which seems a tad desperate.

Quite often she would have a social media break on the weekend for her metal health with a ‘See you on Monday’ however, on Sunday you’d get a roundup of everything on the Food Medic website because she couldn’t possibly miss that Sunday evening engagement. At this point I thought her Food Medic website posts on social media may be posted by someone else but she claims it’s all her.

It’s a shame she gave up her job and no-one would criticise her being burnt out after the chaos of Covid, but by that point she was sitting in a room part time, calling and talking to people suffering from long Covid and…… that’s it, that’s all she was doing.

As the money dried up from her ‘career’ the monetisation from her social media had to increase and I ‘think’ this is when the webinars started. The first one looked vaguely interesting and I wasn’t very busy at the time so I thought I’d see how much it was. £30 for a webinar, with some nonsense about an ‘online goody bag’ (worth nothing) and CPD points (which I’m guessing would only apply if you worked in a medical field). Very money grabbing. I’d be very interested to know how many people fork out the money to attend these.

Then, inevitably came the smug arsehole of a boyfriend, initially I was happy for her because she was clearly happy, despite the fact that I thought he looked far too smug and shiny. Then I found out he had been on some TV show and was actually a smug wanker so more fool her really, he’ll never love her as much as he loves himself.

My final straw was the move to Bali. That’s when I feel she jumped the shark and became completely unrelateable. She tried to justify it by claiming that she’d spent 10 years building up her brand to be able to do this yadda yadda yadda but very few people can just jump ship to Bali for a few months and work remotely - unrelateable.

This year the monetisation has really ramped up, first the paywall for her website so she can ‘work on even more content’, by which I’m assuming is completely useless recipes that don’t work and workouts from someone who ran themselves into injury and didn’t let themselves recover, plus lots of discussions about periods because 99% of her followers will have one so it’s likely to gain a lot of engagement. There was the nonsense about periods being wounds every month because the womb lining is ripped away. A very worrying and nonsensical view from someone who is a trained (no longer practising but still trained!) doctor.

Recently there’s been a huge amount of engagement baiting (What questions do you have about running? Has someone ever said to you, “You’re very emotional, are you on your period?”) which always leads to her promoting a new webinar, course, this ALIGN thing which, naturally all come with a cost. She barely does any content which doesn’t lead to a paid for subscription anymore.

5 years ago she was my favourite (non-friend) person on instagram to follow, now for some reason I can’t quite click the unfollow so she’s become a hate-follow instead. That doctored picture on her story yesterday is the icing on the shitty instahun cake.

Thanks for reading my vent if you got this far, if you liked this content then be the first sign up to my (insert empowering name here) course of bullshit. Link in bio :sneaky:

• Heart
Reactions: 40

ohyes

VIP Member
IMG_9266.jpeg

Jesus Christ 😳 I’m so embarrassed for her 🫣 this has to be one of the cringiest things I’ve seen her post so far 😬

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Pippa2

On her story she says she ‘used to be embarrassed to snack when DB didn’t’

What the heck! You’re embarrassed to be hungry in front of your boyfriend? What kind of relationship is that??

• Wow
  • Sick

shouldknowbetter

I wonder had the proposal already happened beforehand and they planned this trip etc together in order to make content out of a staged proposal. Nothing about it seemed sincere…

Polkadotshorts

IMG_6904.jpeg

remember when she said she would never do a “what I eat in a day” video and criticised people who start these with a body check?!
Hazel, hun, that’s exactly what you’re doing

• Wow
Reactions: 26

tbo

Love how they had the video all set up and she posted it to instagram so quickly. Gosh we are in for a ride, Hazel, Alice and Zanna are all planning weddings….

Ah she couldn’t even wait a while to post 🤦🏼‍♀️ and UGH the caption: we’re doing life together 💍

She had the white dress on and all for the occasion 😂

• Haha
  • Sick

ohyes

VIP Member
IMG_9145.jpeg

Argh it’s all so cringe. Imagine setting up a camera to film this 🙈 it’s all so calculated. What a way to live. It was all so clearly planned ahead of time, I can’t even…..🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sick

blocknroll

She is gross now. £500 is sickening. If your period is affecting you that badly, put that money towards a private consultation with an actual expert. Your period doesn’t have to be so complicated. Stop letting this charlatan convince you that it is.

• Heart

smartalec

Maybe I am wrong but isn’t ‘love wins’ associated with the legalisation of gay marriage? Now it means your boring-ass predictable engagement. Gross.

they are both shallow as a saucer

tablesandchairs

Chatty Member
Whatever it is, we can probably expect a 'Realistic Day of Training After a Minor Procedure' video.
‘3 days after my procedure. I sip my coffee wondering if I should follow the doctors’ orders of bed rest or if I should train. DB suggests I take it easy and just run 20 miles and lift three times my body weight. He’s so caring. I put on one of his t shirts to be comfy. As I start my run I hope none of my stitches pop. I’m so lucky to have such a lovely boyfriend’

• Haha

Snoopy247

Hi all! I just found this thread!!
I've been a longtime lurker of hazels for a while now but have to admit, I actually blocked her for a bit as she was so annoying!!

I'm a GP and I find her insufferable! This new stupid course is ridiculous, expensive and as you all said, she is even qualified!

She hasn't done any postgraduate exams (you need to for any speciality such as GP, medicine, surgery, paeds, obs and gynae etx) and is such a slap in the face to actual obs and gynae doctors!

I remember I had to block her when I felt she was just glamourising medicine. It's really not that glamorous at all and I would know as a qualified practicing doctor with years for hospital and general practice experience!

Sorry rant over. I just can't deal! And I'm glad I found this thread. I thought everyone loved her!!!

• Heart

Truthslayer

VIP Member
Sorry but I feel this post was soo ill judged the day before nurses are striking! Also interesting talking about how unwell she was and her appetite going (just admit you have an ED - your periods don’t generally stop unless you are seriously nutritionally deprived!)

Many of us started following her because she appeared to balance a busy job with working out and eating well. She genuinely used to be one of my faves.

Yes medics work very hard but basically she couldn’t cope with the structure of being a Doctor (even though she was only locuming!) and now prefers to piss her life away with Botox, fake tan, a creepy boyfriend and being an instahun. She’s lost all credibility for me at this point.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24

mammer8

VIP Member
Some of her fiance's behaviour is really unpleasant, little things that show he's trying to control or belittle her -
saying hiking (which she loves) is boring, walking off ahead of her at the airport, making her feel guilty for what she eats or for not training.

His going to play basketball made me laugh. I thought she meant he was going to play with other people, but he was just filming himself. And probably spent half a day trying to get that shot.

Basically, he's a narcissistic twat. And I hope she realises that soon.

• Sick

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Yep so much ‘work and creativity’ in posting workout vids and non stop references to your engagement I’m sure
Even when Hazel spoke about burnout the other day before the petting farm visit, it was like how can you possibly be burnt out. She can, as an educator/ professional story teller decide when she gets up, when she goes to bed, when she puts content out. If she doesn’t want to do anything for a week she can. She does not have patients to see. The amount of exercise she does can cause fatigue but that’s on her.
We know you read here so this is a personal message for you:
Don’t expect sympathy Hazel for your current lifestyle. You have it A LOT easier than many people. We would all like gifted stays, free lunches. You are in an enviable position.

• Heart

Mob123

She studied medicine to inform us of the below every day.....

I'm on my period, I'm bloated.

I'm going running.

Tiny meals made by DB = love language.

I now realise hair health is so important.

Fulfil nutrition ad, I used to feel guilty for snacking.

Same.shit.every.day.week.month.

Then throw in freezing my eggs for more interaction.

Chattyman321

‘Random family recorded us’ 🙄 how come these influencers always get nice moments recorded and ‘didn’t know about it’ but happen to be standing in the most insta worthy position, while I’ve never been recorded having a nice moment in my life 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23