The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see her around quite often with her mum or husband and kids. She is painfully thin and looks much older than she says she is. She never looks particularly happy. Her girls do looks very sweet but I find it strange that she has them in almost every photo she posts, far more so than other influencers. She’s even said something along the lines of feeling like “such a wally” in photos on her own. Odd thing for a professional model to say.
I think she was a headless model for Net. Porter not an actual model so probably knows she is slim and tall but maybe not confident facially? I think she is lovely and probably it has become lucrative for her and she clearly loves fashion so much it’s nice for her to do. I like that she’s not obsessed with it as much as FBB or others. Yes maybe she needs the validation but being honest don’t we all like a little validation?

Reactions: 3
I think she was a headless model for Net. Porter not an actual model so probably knows she is slim and tall but maybe not confident facially? I think she is lovely and probably it has become lucrative for her and she clearly loves fashion so much it’s nice for her to do. I like that she’s not obsessed with it as much as FBB or others. Yes maybe she needs the validation but being honest don’t we all like a little validation?
Nope I don’t need strangers to validate me and I definitely wouldn’t expose my children to strangers so I could access that validation. She could always get a volunteer job if she needs a purpose and validation 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
It’s all very simplistic though isn’t it? People are generally more complex than that. Maybe she has a complex relationship with Instagram and can’t decide whether to let it go or not

Reactions: 8
It’s all very simplistic though isn’t it? People are generally more complex than that. Maybe she has a complex relationship with Instagram and can’t decide whether to let it go or not
See this I just don’t get. It’s a social media platform 🤷‍♀️ Yes we are all complex beings, but if you are attaching so much of your life/purpose, identity or whatever, to a social media platform, well thats very sad 😔 and scary in equal measure. But then we get into a whole bigger debate about the mental health issues around all this stupid social media obsession.

Reactions: 4
This whole exposing children thing is getting repetitive on this thread. It’s up to the Influencer if they want to do that and it’s also up to you whoever you follow. Anyone who feels that strongly about it should probably unfollow these people. I agree it’s dangerous but constantly debating it on here seems pointless given 90% of these influencers show their children.
Wholeheartedly disagree with this. Children can’t advocate for themselves, debate about issues relating to them should be encouraged, not suppressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Wholeheartedly disagree with this. Children can’t advocate for themselves, debate about issues relating to them should be encouraged, not surprised.
Agree, there seems to be an influx of people that know Laura in the real world, who on one hand are criticising her, but then also attempting to police this thread when we touch on certain subjects. Have a few insta fashion huns come on board 🤔

Looks like admin have deleted stilltogos policing post. New members should read the rules page. Policing is not allowed!

Please report anyone trying to police other peoples posts or goading. As per the rules that's not allowed. Thanks :)

Reactions: 2
On a different note, my family would laugh at me if I wore the red dress in her latest post on a boat trip (or anywhere actually) 🤣

Reactions: 1
Looks like evening and was probably getting dropped off for dinner. Ugly dress but not unusual to step on and off boats on the lakes dressed up.

Reactions: 4
Looks like evening and was probably getting dropped off for dinner. Ugly dress but not unusual to step on and off boats on the lakes dressed up.
Think they were just laughing at the ridiculousness of the dress

She said she wouldn’t wear it on a boat trip 😉
I said I wouldn't wear it on a boat trip or anywhere else - I think my family would laugh at me in which ever location I would wear it in. I have been on a boat in evening wear before and have been to lake Como amongst many places so get that part.

Her legs are so painfully thin, her knees could cut glass 🙈. Also a date night last night at a restaurant, did they not watch the football 😂🤷‍♀️ Bit weird 🤪 And finally, the date night dress ( I hate that term🤢) looks very badly cut and ill fitting.

I said I wouldn't wear it on a boat trip or anywhere else - I think my family would laugh at me in which ever location I would wear it in. I have been on a boat in evening wear before and have been to lake Como amongst many places so get that part.
I once, in Venice, had to get on a boat to go to a private island for a party in a full on evening gown. I fell over, arse over tit on the way back 😂. I’ve never lived that down 🙈

Attachments

I feel like she seems more tame and distant these days. Less shoving of how perfect her life is. She must be reading these for sure

Reactions: 7
Definite change in her posting style - which I think is a good thing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.