The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No me neither but people seem to love it. God I sound like my mother!
I love it as the service is second to none and it’s proper 5 star. Amazing hotels and friendly staff. But yep it’s tit loads expense. Also so many kids activities from theme parks and water parks, desert safaris, huge malls awauruims, and art galleries and fab restaurants. The insta chavs all hang out at the W and Rixos.

Reactions: 5
I love it as the service is second to none and it’s proper 5 star. Amazing hotels and friendly staff. But yep it’s tit loads expense. Also so many kids activities from theme parks and water parks, desert safaris, huge malls awauruims, and art galleries and fab restaurants. The insta chavs all hang out at the W and Rixos.
Yeah I hear only good things. A week of true 5 star treatment must be wonderful! I think it’s the lack of history that doesn’t appeal - I do like a mooch round an old town 😂

Reactions: 1
I’ve only been once, quite a few years ago now but I have never had service like it since. It was unbelievable. Insta does put me off going again though😂

Reactions: 3
I went in 2005 and it was gorgeous.
5* is easily 6 out there but we were away from the glitzy bits ( I don’t think the palm was even built then or certainly not finished ) we went to the Dar Al Masyaf.
I would NEVER go now. It’s been utterly ruined. It’s the new Marbella. Just gangsters.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I hear only good things. A week of true 5 star treatment must be wonderful! I think it’s the lack of history that doesn’t appeal - I do like a mooch round an old town 😂
There is plenty of history in Dubai, Al Seef/Creek/Shindagha/Al Fahidi areas, as well as in other emirates like Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah etc (20-45 minutes drive from Dubai) but most holidaymakers don’t even bother to check that side.

Reactions: 4
There is plenty of history in Dubai, Al Seef/Creek/Shindagha/Al Fahidi areas, as well as in other emirates like Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah etc (20-45 minutes drive from Dubai) but most holidaymakers don’t even bother to check that side.
Yep. We have friends and Emirati friends so have been to some of these. Also had Iftar with our local friends which was lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Dubai became massively more expensive after covid. It's not worth the exorbitant cost now, imo - it's overly busy and silly money. In its heyday (ie pre Insta chav invasion - c. early 00s to 2015, it was great value - genuinely luxurious but at that time didn't carry the absurdly high price tag.

On another note - she acts like such a martyr for going to a water park. What a bloody joke. Some women are putting their life on the life to flee their homes in Ukraine, whilst our Laura makes out that she's making some serious sacrifice by going to a (relatively very clean, very safe) waterpark with her kids). She probably sees them as chavvy and thinks they're beneath her, snob that she is. But, guys, she'll do 'anything for her kids', she says. Yeah, apart from safeguarding them and protecting their privacy.

Reactions: 9
Dubai became massively more expensive after covid. It's not worth the exorbitant cost now, imo - it's overly busy and silly money. In its heyday (ie pre Insta chav invasion - c. early 00s to 2015, it was great value - genuinely luxurious but at that time didn't carry the absurdly high price tag.

On another note - she acts like such a martyr for going to a water park. What a bloody joke. Some women are putting their life on the life to flee their homes in Ukraine, whilst our Laura makes out that she's making some serious sacrifice by going to a (relatively very clean, very safe) waterpark with her kids). She probably sees them as chavvy and thinks they're beneath her, snob that she is. But, guys, she'll do 'anything for her kids', she says. Yeah, apart from safeguarding them and protecting their privacy.
Thanks for getting us back on track.

Yeah, I don’t think she’s one to take her kids to soft play, swimming, tennis, etc. that’s probably why she goes on holiday so much and has about 2 weeks between each pregnancy - they just play with each other and she doesn’t amuse them. For a mum with kids that age (and I am one), Saturday mornings are about ferrying them around to their various hobbies etc. these kids get taken for a coffee and a photo shoot.

Reactions: 1
Thanks for getting us back on track.

Yeah, I don’t think she’s one to take her kids to soft play, swimming, tennis, etc. that’s probably why she goes on holiday so much and has about 2 weeks between each pregnancy - they just play with each other and she doesn’t amuse them. For a mum with kids that age (and I am one), Saturday mornings are about ferrying them around to their various hobbies etc. these kids get taken for a coffee and a photo shoot.
Exactly this - I am no fan of swimming but my daughter loves it so I take her weekly and get soaked and splashed. she has a ball & cos she’s so happy I am happy. It’s not an activity I would choose to do if I had no children but that’s life when you do have them. Also aware at this point, I am fortunate to be able to take my child swimming weekly as so many people can’t even contemplate the cost of that right now - she needs to wake up and realise how privileged she is, particularly at a time where many people have to chose between heat or food!

Reactions: 7

Always spot on Arianna!
Such a martyr this woman for doing that, and remember she also never has any “me time” apart from the hair appt/holidays/date nights/shopping trips/breakfast with her awful friend flavia etc.
My heart bleeds for her ❤ Such an inspiration. Why on earth did we clap for the nhs when we have Laura? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Dubai is chav heaven. Somebody said pre 2015 it was less chavtastic. I have to agree with that. We first went when the only night life was The Hard Rock Cafe and the only mall was Wafi. I don’t like Dubai now. Horrid cesspit of chavs and grubby showy people. No class

Reactions: 2
Exactly this - I am no fan of swimming but my daughter loves it so I take her weekly and get soaked and splashed. she has a ball & cos she’s so happy I am happy. It’s not an activity I would choose to do if I had no children but that’s life when you do have them. Also aware at this point, I am fortunate to be able to take my child swimming weekly as so many people can’t even contemplate the cost of that right now - she needs to wake up and realise how privileged she is, particularly at a time where many people have to chose between heat or food!
Exactly! Some parents would give their eye teeth to be able to give their children the chance to take their kids to a fancy waterpark in Dubai, but she complains that it's a massive hardship and inconvenience to take her kids there. The level of ingratitude is staggering: she is completely divorced from reality and seems to have no social sensitivity whatsoever. No wonder she only hangs out with people like Flavia, who are equally distasteful and tone deaf.

Reactions: 8
Ughh. Just read her q&a. “We don’t have a nanny anymore”…”my husband and I never get time alone” (only 2 date nights a week) “next weekend is our first time away without kids” this is definitely a lie because she said this recently about a different trip! She goes away so often she can’t even remember what she’s done 🙄

Reactions: 10
Ughh. Just read her q&a. “We don’t have a nanny anymore”…”my husband and I never get time alone” (only 2 date nights a week) “next weekend is our first time away without kids” this is definitely a lie because she said this recently about a different trip! She goes away so often she can’t even remember what she’s done 🙄

So ridiculous that q&a. She wants to come across as easygoing, hands on and chilled.
She’s just v distasteful

Reactions: 5
She’s so full of BS. She has so many ‘date nights’ hate that phrase 🙈. And her husbands always working? Does that mean he’s in the room/ suite all day then? Whilst the local ‘help’ have the children, and Bug is wafting around occasionally grabbing the children for content opportunities.
‘Help’ in Dubai is cheap ( my friend just holidayed with us there and had a nanny for 5 days 1 -7pm at a cost of £400). So I’d assume they had several nannies for 12 hr plus shifts. So Bug wouldn’t have to lift a manicured finger. She has no concept of her privilege.

Reactions: 6
So ridiculous that q&a. She wants to come across as easygoing, hands on and chilled.
She’s just v distasteful
I was reading the lies in that Q&A and my eyes rolled so far back in my head. Christ, this woman makes BoJo look honest. Look, she has a nanny. She may use a different label, but she has a flunky who does tit for her, like pick the kids up from school and take photos of her in the street where she poses with her kids as props, and she also has the 'elderly' housekeeper. I also love the way she tries to make out her husband is working all the time, like he's a big swinging dick. He's there almost every morning on the school run. I'm sure he's doing reasonably well at Elliott but he's certainly not the rainmaker that Laura likes to make out he is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Home and left again 24hrs later. Hubby taking more time away with her..working while away or not that’s still crazy.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.