The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As an aside, cos I don’t follow or know the Flavia bint, Anine Bing must make SO much on the back of Instagram

Reactions: 2
I’d never heard of her before the Gram and only ever see the insta huns wearing her clothes, none of which ever take my fancy!

Reactions: 1
Is Annie Bing the new fav fashion designer?? Last year she was constantly plugging Olivia Rubin. Now she’s not worn any of her stuff for ages.

Something strange I’ve observed about Laura - I live a few streets away from her and NEVER see her out with kids in this area- not on weekdays nor on the weekends. There are two nice parks with playgrounds near her but she doesn’t take her kids there- not even when it’s quiet and there are no people. I’ve seen her husband Mark walk Mila to school a few times and thereafter he sometimes goes to the Le Pain Quotidian next to the Parsons Green tube station but that’s it. I’ve seen the nanny running after the kids a few times taking them home from school but never stopping over at the park that they were passing to play. Seems like they only go out to ‘play’ at Laura’s photo shoot locations to have a ‘spontaneous stroll’ for the cameras. I find the whole thing so weird and sad for the kids-what a childhood!

Reactions: 7
Something strange I’ve observed about Laura - I live a few streets away from her and NEVER see her out with kids in this area- not on weekdays nor on the weekends. There are two nice parks with playgrounds near her but she doesn’t take her kids there- not even when it’s quiet and there are no people. I’ve seen her husband Mark walk Mila to school a few times and thereafter he sometimes goes to the Le Pain Quotidian next to the Parsons Green tube station but that’s it. I’ve seen the nanny running after the kids a few times taking them home from school but never stopping over at the park that they were passing to play. Seems like they only go out to ‘play’ at Laura’s photo shoot locations to have a ‘spontaneous stroll’ for the cameras. I find the whole thing so weird and sad for the kids-what a childhood!
She is in complete denial about living in Fulham! What I find hilarious is that she keeps taking photos of her and Casimir in the same part of Chelsea. There is a bench which she keeps returning to (latest post with Casimir and a coffee cup 2 days ago). She also stages many of her photo shoots in/around this area. It's just by Robinson Street. It's not even a well known area for Instagram influencers to go - I think she is just trying to mislead people into thinking that that is her neighbourhood. Usually there are homeless people hanging out on that bench - something which Laura obviously doesn't realise as she isn't a local.

Reactions: 6
Fulham has stunning bits but Laura doesn’t live in those roads - she’s the cheap seats. Also private London schools & boarding schools broke up on Friday

God, poor Luna. She gets a few plain balloons and a really unflattering photo of herself slapped on the internet for her 3rd birthday. And then she goes straight back to posting photos of Casimir. I remember hearing from a friend that she cried when she found out Anoushka was a girl, and it is blatantly obvious she dotes on Casimir more than the others.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The glittery Chanel handbag at the Sandy beach today (on her feed) made me cackle….I mean, really?!

As in after she’d given birth? I thought she always maintained she never found out what the genders of her babies were?
So she said - I think her story about how they all started screaming when Casimir was born shows she wanted a boy more than she let on. Interested to hear the story of her crying with anoushka.
Her babies generally aren’t super cute, sorry!

Morning power walk toting a Celine handbag and wearing Birkenstock’s. My eyes have rolled to the back of my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This holiday looks dreary as hell. Comporta is not warm this time of year- they’ll be lucky if temperatures rise over 15 degrees right now. Shivering away on the beach with four kids isn’t my idea of fun. Those girls must be freezing in those little dresses playing on the wet sand.

She seems so bad at holiday planning. Why did they cram the Maldives trip into a one week half term instead of doing it in the longer Easter holidays?

Reactions: 5
This holiday looks dreary as hell. Comporta is not warm this time of year- they’ll be lucky if temperatures rise over 15 degrees right now. Shivering away on the beach with four kids isn’t my idea of fun. Those girls must be freezing in those little dresses playing on the wet sand.

She seems so bad at holiday planning. Why did they cram the Maldives trip into a one week half term instead of doing it in the longer Easter holidays?
That flight to the Maldives must have been grim with 4 children!!!! I think it was for her birthday or something. But why not just wait.
It doesn't look very sunny

Reactions: 3

I know! And ironically (although admittedly, unusually), Portugal, or at least the Algarve, where we were during Feb half term, was balmy and sunny. Silly Laura.

On another note. Have noticed she is showing more of what she is eating, in story photos, anyway. Is she trying to kid us that what she is showing is evidence that she doesn’t have some kind of eating disorder? It’s literally all protein (fish/seafood/egg). She must be on the keto diet, or similar. She’ll have terrible breath, constipation, and, if she keeps it up for any length of time, serious kidney issues.

Last edited:
Came on here to say that. Is it some sort of status symbol to go on holiday every other week, even if to somewhere that dreary? As soon as half term hits all I see is these women saying, “better prepare for our holiday!”. Then they drag the family off somewhere where the weather is as bad as England. I’m utterly confused.

Ye
Came on here to say that. Is it some sort of status symbol to go on holiday every other week, even if to somewhere that dreary? As soon as half term hits all I see is these women saying, “better prepare for our holiday!”. Then they drag the family off somewhere where the weather is as bad as England. I’m utterly confused.
status symbol - definitely. A lot of mums I think just go away to keep up appearances. But also, in the case of Laura, she doesn’t really have much in London. She has an average sized house (on the smallish side considering there’s 6 people minimum living in it), and, as another poster mentioned, she never does anything local with the kids in the holiday like summer camps. Maybe she doesn’t want the facade to slip? I think one of the reasons she avoids spending any time in Fulham is that she is a very aloof character who doesn’t have many close friends. She doesn’t mesh with the other mums at school, and keeps people at arms’ length. I suppose because of lack of time, but also because they’ll notice the inconsistencies between her actual life self and the way she portrays it online. The only way to maintain this is to keep a distance literally! So I think she basically self-exiles herself from london every single holiday.
I don’t envy her constant holiday travelling at all. It must be so annoying having to constantly pack for trips. And kids need their toys and loads of activities. Plus she has a lot of weeks to fill - private schools get around 20 weeks of holiday a year! My kids would get sick of being away so much - even if it was a lovely place. They love being at home for at least half of the holidays- and so do I!

Reactions: 5
This is so spot on! I’m surprised that her kids don’t want to do local half term camps with their friends. I have kids similar ages and they beg me to sign them up with their friends. Also, having met her a few times through our kids, I found her strangely polite yet very distant at the same time - like a pre-programmed robot who tries to say all the polite things but doesn’t have the capacity to be warm or open. This was before I knew who she was. I found her behaviour strange and then I googled her and when I found out who she was it really put me off. In retrospect, I think she’s a very closed off person and puts on the act for her Instagram followers.

On a completely different note, I can’t believe she’s now peddling Amazon clothes!

Ye

status symbol - definitely. A lot of mums I think just go away to keep up appearances. But also, in the case of Laura, she doesn’t really have much in London. She has an average sized house (on the smallish side considering there’s 6 people minimum living in it), and, as another poster mentioned, she never does anything local with the kids in the holiday like summer camps. Maybe she doesn’t want the facade to slip? I think one of the reasons she avoids spending any time in Fulham is that she is a very aloof character who doesn’t have many close friends. She doesn’t mesh with the other mums at school, and keeps people at arms’ length. I suppose because of lack of time, but also because they’ll notice the inconsistencies between her actual life self and the way she portrays it online. The only way to maintain this is to keep a distance literally! So I think she basically self-exiles herself from london every single holiday.
I don’t envy her constant holiday travelling at all. It must be so annoying having to constantly pack for trips. And kids need their toys and loads of activities. Plus she has a lot of weeks to fill - private schools get around 20 weeks of holiday a year! My kids would get sick of being away so much - even if it was a lovely place. They love being at home for at least half of the holidays- and so do I!
[/QUOTE]

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.