Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dizzy

VIP Member
Just caught up with this thread and ‘single mum’ Laura’s wanderings. All joking aside (and it is fucking laughable that she continued to present this ridiculous charade of effortlessly parenting 4 small children alone in a foreign country whilst dressed like she’s taking part in a Vogue photoshoot), I think it’s an incredibly damaging image to portray. There will be thousands of new mums, young mums, struggling mums who follow her and will see this as a normal and truthful way to parent. It’s utterly false and completely unsustainable and she’s a dick to perpetuate that myth.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just reflecting on some of the photos she shared of her and her son Cashmere this weekend. So she basically takes her kids all the way from Fulham to whatever Chelsea/ Sloane Square location she’s shooting at and makes it look like they’re just strolling / hanging around there spontaneously. As someone who lives a 5 min walk away from Laura, has young kids and sometimes (hesitantly) makes that journey to Chelsea with them, it is so strange and unnatural to do so as there are literally no parks or playgrounds in the vicinity (unlike in Fulham which has plenty). So her photoshoot setup feels so unnatural and ridiculous knowing that she drags her kids out there JUST to take these photos. It annoys me so much because it’s so blatantly clear to those of us who live in the vicinity and understand how unrealistic this life is that she’s trying to portray but it is not clear to those who may be removed from it and could cause very unhealthy comparisons. I remeber that a few times she’s mentioned that her account is about the ‘best’ moments. However, even that’s a lie. these are not ‘best’ moments- she’s creating an image that doesn’t exist. She’s trying to paint herself as the non-existent mother unicorn who strolls the streets of Chelsea and Sloane Square and does it all without any help with four young children when it’s sooo far from the truth. I’ve been seeing her nanny at school pickups since Oct at least. I think it’s important to share this especially for those mums out there who may not be aware of these dynamics and how unrealistic this is.

Reactions: 14

ariannabrandolini

Chatty Member
I agree. Her extravagant consumerism is gauche and naff and not something anyone with actual money, good sense or class would show off, but it’s not that unusual or what I actually find irritating about her.

The exploitation of her kids and the dishonest portrayal of her family life and the amount of help she has (which can make other women feel crap about themselves) are the things that annoy me far more than her vulgar materialism.

• Heart

Duchesspink

VIP Member
The clinic will give you as much fertility treatment you want if you can afford to throw money at it. I’ve known very wealthy people who have done this 11 times sadly with no success. With Hannah & her fertility problems coupled with health issues it was highly unlikely at 43 it was going to be a positive outcome. See below for complications post 40. It’s just not fair is it 😢
I was over 40 for all of my pregnancies. Anyone using IVF to conceive aged over 40 usually has a better chance than a natural conception as they most likely use younger donated eggs.
There are plenty of women who become mothers aged 40+ and its great to see.
No woman should be told that her miscarriage was highly likely given her age.
The best reaction is to have empathy for the bereaved mother and not look for ways to point out that it was her failing.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
I cannot imagine single parent Chanel wearing immaculate Laura at a water park! 😂 We went to one when we were away with the kids and my god it was BRUTAL! Bikini tops came off, swimsuits were rammed up arses, hair was destroyed, bruises were acquired. We finished the day looking like drowned rats 😂 Had a brilliant time though 👌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 13

pandysbox

Her account was a little bit of escapism for me, the blingy outfits and date night dresses

I never followed her for relatability our lives are worlds apart and that’s fine

since she’s started Documenting the kids her account is just a complete mishmash. She’s shilling Amazon fashion and river island whilst spending 10 of thousands on Hermes and Chanel. She’s a fraud.

who even behaves like that on a family holiday? Rolling on the sand in an almost 2k dress?! Bizarre

her account doesn’t have the mystique it once had so I’m afraid I’m out

• Haha

Duchesspink

VIP Member
There’s so many of them tone deaf - even the more down to earth ones are now dripping in Chanel and flogging Farfetch codes - whilst the rest of the UK braces itself for a tough winter.
It's not tone deaf though. We don't have to watch their content. I couldn't spend in 5 years what she spends in a season because I don't have that lifestyle or that income.
If she was giving out tips on keeping warm and keeping your gas bill down then we would be complaining that she's taking the piss when she clearly won't experience financial worries over winter.
We watch accounts like this because we love to see the high end items and are fascinated by how women like this live.

I would be pretty bored if every account I followed, packed up their fancy stuff just because there's a hard winter ahead for others.

bella8282

It’s wildly exploitative. And they are not stupid enough to be completely oblivious to the obvious risks. I find it particularly hypocritical and reprehensible that mark and Hannah’s husband are rarely/never shown. Why do they allow their kids to be used in this way?
I feel sorry for Mila- she is generally the last to be collected from her class as Laura is always late to pick her up. Everyone is late now and again but it’s conspicuously often with Mila. She may like to act like she is a super mum but she is pretty chaotic.
That is a brilliant point. They offer their husbands privacy but not their vulnerable children. Somehow I think I would feel a tiny bit better if they actually needed the money, I don’t know, perhaps I could understand more. But to bag a new mattress or some new shoes (in FBB’s case), when you have a collection of bags worth 50k, it’s just gross. I don’t think either of them (I only know of Fashion Bug and Hannah Stratford-Taylor) have thought any of this through long term.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Pegsypog

Not to mention all the time she spends creating content for her Instagram. Doesn’t seem like the kids get much mummy time as she has all the ‘me’ time in the world.
Never mind mummy time.
Alone with four means survival: endless snacks, nappy change, fights between siblings, activities, hours getting ready to get out whereas our hero can do it all in matching outfits, creates content, get her hair done whilst wearing a white dress from Zimmerman.
Ok Pinocchio

• Haha
I don’t see how she’d be allowed to take Mila out of school for a holiday trip. I think it’s more likely that, as someone suggested earlier, she posts about it with a delay.

On another note, she recently shared the children’s middle names on IG. I was appalled. I think that by now she’s shared all identifying info about them that there is to share. But I really don’t understand the benefit to her sharing the kids middle names, and whatever it is, it certainly doesn’t outweigh the potential costs.

• Heart
In her Q&A she is once again blowing her own trumpet - she is so effortlessly, genetically skinny, you know... (not exactly sure where the skinny genes come from as her mum is certainly not slim). I hate the way she is so disingenuous about this. She is skinny because she doesn't eat. At least she admits to the exercise, but the main thing keeping her that size is food (or lack thereof). Also a very self-righteous, defensive rant about negativity, clearly directed at us. Sorry, Laura, but it's not always possible to put a positive spin on things. Especially not child exploitation, gross materialism and overconsumption. Not to mention dishonesty (failing to disclose aff links, pretending not to have a full time nanny etc etc).
Exactly. And the “don’t sweat the small stuff” is probably a lot easier when you have a massive bank account/private health/unlimited resources/nannies taking away the stresses that the majority of the population might feel. Something like losing a phone or item, or having minor illness, running late due to public transport or working/ homeschooling at the same time can be a HUGE thing for others without her resources. Such a smug suggestion when to so many people, small things are actually really big things with knock on effects🙄

• Heart

ariannabrandolini

Chatty Member
How do you tell your kids on holiday that mummy needs 2 nights to herself? I’m all for raising independent, self sufficient kids but this really takes the biscuit.
She can't cope, basically. Even though she gets soooo much 'me time' for all her pampering appointments, personal training, press appointments, brunch with freaky Flavia, date nights with her horrible husband...she had her parents helping her in Finland, her assistant helping her in France, and no doubt a lot of local help as well at various points. She is a complete fraud. And now she needs a holiday inside a holiday to recover from too much holidaying. What a cretin.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Hannah might be a charitable and humble person in real life, but I hope you'll forgive us some cynicism when two new members come by to write positively about her. She still shares too much of her children online (like FBB) and buys some dreadful clothes (like FBB). Money not buying taste etc.

Reactions: 11

ihatehinchandmarkle

I saw her today in Chelsea - she was posing for photographs literally outside my front door! There was a short woman with dark hair taking the photos. She was with Casimir and his ridiculous white pram. The whole thing was just so tragic. She spent around 15 minutes trying to get a good shot, and primping Casimir to make sure he looked just right. How sad when he grows up and understands that he was used as a prop like that. What a waste of his babyhood. I bet it’s even worse when she takes staged photos with the girls, who are not like pot plants any more. The whole spectacle was very funny, and also quite sad. I see influencers around my neighbourhood all the time, but rarely with a child prop.

On another note, has she moved house? Perhaps Nancy will have the heads up on this. It just seems so odd that she is spending so much time posing on random side streets in Chelsea if she is still living in Fulham. She is the only person in the year not to publish her address on the year group mailing list so I have no idea but I have a feeling she might have relocated.
Arianna I love your tea ☕

• Haha

ariannabrandolini

Chatty Member
In her Q&A she is once again blowing her own trumpet - she is so effortlessly, genetically skinny, you know... (not exactly sure where the skinny genes come from as her mum is certainly not slim). I hate the way she is so disingenuous about this. She is skinny because she doesn't eat. At least she admits to the exercise, but the main thing keeping her that size is food (or lack thereof). Also a very self-righteous, defensive rant about negativity, clearly directed at us. Sorry, Laura, but it's not always possible to put a positive spin on things. Especially not child exploitation, gross materialism and overconsumption. Not to mention dishonesty (failing to disclose aff links, pretending not to have a full time nanny etc etc).

pandysbox

Saw those pic and ran straight to tattle! Jesus Christ! I think it’s unfollow time for me. She’s lost it

Cheebachoo

Chatty Member
Presumably the swelling has gone down 😂 What on earth must they have looked like when she first had them done 😂
Do your research before getting aesthetic work done Laura -it’s a relatively unregulated industry! Just because someone rents a room in Harley street and charges three times everyone else, does not mean they are the best!

#sausagelips

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha

ariannabrandolini

Chatty Member
So ridiculous that q&a. She wants to come across as easygoing, hands on and chilled.
She’s just v distasteful
I was reading the lies in that Q&A and my eyes rolled so far back in my head. Christ, this woman makes BoJo look honest. Look, she has a nanny. She may use a different label, but she has a flunky who does shit for her, like pick the kids up from school and take photos of her in the street where she poses with her kids as props, and she also has the 'elderly' housekeeper. I also love the way she tries to make out her husband is working all the time, like he's a big swinging dick. He's there almost every morning on the school run. I'm sure he's doing reasonably well at Elliott but he's certainly not the rainmaker that Laura likes to make out he is.

Last edited:
  • Heart