The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also who was watching the children while she and the assistant did the photo shoot?!

Reactions: 2
Just caught up with this thread and ‘single mum’ Laura’s wanderings. All joking aside (and it is bleeping laughable that she continued to present this ridiculous charade of effortlessly parenting 4 small children alone in a foreign country whilst dressed like she’s taking part in a Vogue photoshoot), I think it’s an incredibly damaging image to portray. There will be thousands of new mums, young mums, struggling mums who follow her and will see this as a normal and truthful way to parent. It’s utterly false and completely unsustainable and she’s a dick to perpetuate that myth.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just caught up with this thread and ‘single mum’ Laura’s wanderings. All joking aside (and it is bleeping laughable that she continued to present this ridiculous charade of effortlessly parenting 4 small children alone in a foreign country whilst dressed like she’s taking part in a Vogue photoshoot), I think it’s an incredibly damaging image to portray. There will be thousands of new mums, young mums, struggling mums who follow her and will see this as a normal and truthful way to parent. It’s utterly false and completely unsustainable and she’s a dick to perpetuate that myth.
This is so well said! I detest the way she is so bloody smug and self-righteous in those Q&A's. Always so quick to point out how little help she has. Mentions the thing she was caught out on (the photographer being there, which she only admitted as she was basically forced to). Also the amount of contradictions...like saying she doesn't like to share personal family stuff and then going into quite a lot of detail about Luna's seizures and kidney infection last year in Portugal. That kind of intrusive, medical stuff about her children should not be published online: not at the time, and not now - it's incredibly invasive and her kids will not thank her for it when they are old enough to realise what she is doing.

Reactions: 10
Spot on!
However you must have lots of insecurities to need this sort of validation from strangers.
Also the answer where she says “ I like to do one thing that scares me everyday” have you tried taking everything offline and get a normal job? That’s scary isn’t it?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Based on what she’s mentioned before, both the in laws and mother are helping frequently plus her “housekeeper”. Thats 5 other adults give or take. That’s A LOT of childcare. She likes to tout that she doesn’t have a nanny but omits this fact that she has around 5 other adults looking after her kids. Very deceptive.

Reactions: 4
What a bizarre childhood. No time at home or meet up with friends during the summer? Trip after trip after trip. do other wealthy families travel this much? The ones I know don’t?!

Reactions: 6
No. Not really. The foreign ones go back to their homeland but most families will do either 1 or 2 weeks away or even 1 month but stay in one place. Laura’s travels are purely for the gram. Who really wants to shuttle 4 kids around Europe in this heat. It’s no fun. Nothing to envy, all that packing and unpacking & big outfits for the gram. Too much hassle, classy people are super low key and disappear quietly, now that’s chic

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No. Not really. The foreign ones go back to their homeland but most families will do either 1 or 2 weeks away or even 1 month but stay in one place. Laura’s travels are purely for the gram. Who really wants to shuttle 4 kids around Europe in this heat. It’s no fun. Nothing to envy, all that packing and unpacking & big outfits for the gram. Too much hassle, classy people are super low key and disappear quietly, now that’s chic
Absolutely agree. Many of the continentals do vanish the moment term ends and resurface the day the new term begins, but they generally do so because they go to stay with their families. Laura’s frantic holidaying is more to do with the fact that she has no real friends or network in London and has to find some backdrops for her Instagram. Her set up in London is really not that great and she would massively struggle to keep her kids entertained there all summer- which is why she never spends any sustained period of time at home unless the kids are at school/nursery.

Reactions: 5
She’s not a proper person. Her priorities are herself. The kids are a prop. No sane sensible mother would do that frantic travelling with such small children - it’s no fun. We see you Laura 👀 - you’re in too deep. Lost

It's really telling that she couldn't handle a week in London with the girls and had 'itchy feet'. I bet the girls would have enjoyed a quieter week in London rather than shuttling round an unfamiliar place while their mother gets photos for the gram.

Reactions: 6
What a load of tosh! Why is the husband unavailable so much? I can’t imagine that drive was much fun if she went on her own

It's really telling that she couldn't handle a week in London with the girls and had 'itchy feet'. I bet the girls would have enjoyed a quieter week in London rather than shuttling round an unfamiliar place while their mother gets photos for the gram.
I'm sorry, what? She can't bear to be in London for WEEK?! Agree it's highly telling...her set up in London must be really shite if that is the case. And, as usual, absolutely no regard for what might be best for her kids who are probably a bit sick of being carted around at this point. Mine love a holiday but they are always so happy to get back to their toys/own bed and see their friends after 2/3 weeks away. There are around 20 weeks of school holiday (give or take) in a year. Laura is away for pretty much every single week. Hope she and Mark keep earning enough to fund this travel schedule!

I wonder if her place is just too small for four kids? Is it coming for people in London to have four kids?

Reactions: 3
I still don’t understand who had casimir? He’s a baby for duck sake. She is just utterly self absorbed. And looks like she is away on holiday again… is she running away from her problems in London… has her husband been on any of the trips with her this summer?

Honestly … can’t handle a week in London?!?! Does she have zero awareness that the vast majority of us can’t afford to be away the whole summer ?! Really upsets me as her whole account is now basically designed to make one feel inadequate because we spend most of the summer at home and can’t afford to but £1,000 bags ! Zero zero awareness on how tough these times are for most of us …. Have unfollowed her ages ago as no point following an account that makes me feel miserable 🤪

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.