The Fashion Bug Blog - Laura Wills #2 Being a mama is a slog, lucky there's 4 kids to flog

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ascot. The truth. Having been for years. The outfit anxiety for weeks ahead doesn’t deserve the time in your head but it exists. Then it’s the getting there - horrible on the train & traffic jams in a car. It’s normally either too hot & you sweat buckets or it rains. You’re nearly always in heels which hurt. You’re constantly checking your hat is ok & your make up hasn’t slipped down your face. Eating is out of the question as a lunch bloat wasn’t taken into consideration for the dress hence one drinks too much (I have in the past) & gets a bit too giddy. Meanwhile it’s silly season at school with plays, concerts, sports days & the juggling is impossible but a mum absence is noted by the mum police. The conversation is a drunken slur & lots of “looking over your shoulder” at other people. Ascot?? No thank you. Too much hassle

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What is she actually doing with that needle and thread dress on she looks so out of place and uncomfortable posing in it. I don’t believe for one second she was too busy having fun at ascot to get more photos. I rekon she ddnt get the shot she wanted otherwise she would of posted it , she is a absolute disgrace missing her daughters concert for that

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe she ever really has fun. She comes across as dull and uptight and too concerned about what she looks like to ever actually let go and enjoy herself.

Reactions: 5
What is she actually doing with that needle and thread dress on she looks so out of place and uncomfortable posing in it. I don’t believe for one second she was too busy having fun at ascot to get more photos. I rekon she ddnt get the shot she wanted otherwise she would of posted it , she is a absolute disgrace missing her daughters concert for that
Why is it always the mother that gets castigated for missing a school concert? Perhaps her husband was there? I wouldn't criticise anyone for missing a crappy school concert, let's face it, they are usually a Ballache to sit though. As long as husband or grandma or someone went then it's not a problem

Reactions: 11
I like Holly, she looked lovely at Ascot. MLS is all show though.
I really like Holly and her style, but it's been really grating on me since she said a few days ago that she moved her daughter's school so that she wasn't going to be in the same class as Prince Louis as she thought it was too much of a security risk as her daughters are so precious to her she wouldn't want them to go on school trips if he was there......ummm she's just as much of a child flogger as the others! I could work out where she lives, her kids names are quite distinct, and I know exactly what they look like....she is the biggest security threat to them, not being in a class with Prince Louis.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Why is it always the mother that gets castigated for missing a school concert? Perhaps her husband was there? I wouldn't criticise anyone for missing a crappy school concert, let's face it, they are usually a Ballache to sit though. As long as husband or grandma or someone went then it's not a problem
Yeh I went to my step daughters last night and it was painful to say the least 😂
I really like Holly and her style, but it's been really grating on me since she said a few days ago that she moved her daughter's school so that she wasn't going to be in the same class as Prince Louis as she thought it was too much of a security risk as her daughters are so precious to her she wouldn't want them to go on school trips if he was there......ummm she's just as much of a child flogger as the others! I could work out where she lives, her kids names are quite distinct, and I know exactly what they look like....she is the biggest security threat to them, not being in a class with Prince Louis.
oh she just wanted to brag that her kids were in the same school as him surely? Never heard something so ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wow, missed this nugget 😬 don’t show their faces then! Can’t abide show offs!

Reactions: 4
Ascot. The truth. Having been for years. The outfit anxiety for weeks ahead doesn’t deserve the time in your head but it exists. Then it’s the getting there - horrible on the train & traffic jams in a car. It’s normally either too hot & you sweat buckets or it rains. You’re nearly always in heels which hurt. You’re constantly checking your hat is ok & your make up hasn’t slipped down your face. Eating is out of the question as a lunch bloat wasn’t taken into consideration for the dress hence one drinks too much (I have in the past) & gets a bit too giddy. Meanwhile it’s silly season at school with plays, concerts, sports days & the juggling is impossible but a mum absence is noted by the mum police. The conversation is a drunken slur & lots of “looking over your shoulder” at other people. Ascot?? No thank you. Too much hassle
Likewise. I've been a few times and cannot thing of many things more overrated, for all of the above reasons. It's exactly the kind of crowd I most depise - people desperately wanting to see and be seen. Even the Royal Enclosure is pretty naff, although some people brag sooo much about it. The fact that Laura priorities a tacky dress up opportunity with her mates over seeing her daughter perform in the main school concert of the year - well, that just tells you everything you need to know about this wannabe mother of the year

Not going to the school concert has nothing to do with her being mother of the year or not.
I'd rather nail my nipple to the floor than attend them. Of course I go to them but not all, sometimes my children are glad to have granny/grandad watching them perform their amazing unusual tunes and songs.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not going to the school concert has nothing to do with her being mother of the year or not.
I'd rather nail my nipple to the floor than attend them. Of course I go to them but not all, sometimes my children are glad to have granny/grandad watching them perform their amazing unusual tunes and songs.
So true! Also, back in the real world where some mothers actually work, it is difficult to actually attend everything and be at all these functions. Our school has done a last minute sports day so I’m going to have to do some skiving to try and watch.

Reactions: 7
Yeah they’re never very good. But I do think it’s sad to choose Ascot over the concert. Obviously lots of parents work and can’t swing it - totally not judging them. But a day at the races…eh, I’d choose differently myself! I don’t think it makes her a bad mother of course. I just side eye the decision she made.

I thought she said the oldest one wanted to chop off her hair? Still looks super long in todays plait 🤔 wonder if mummy got her way…

£115 for a bunch of flowers she’s designed!!! People can’t afford fuel in their cars or food on the table. She’s completely out of touch!!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.