The Endless Adventure

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So these 2 are so shocked it's snowing.....in Alaska!??

Then of course the RV is broken again. They were better off with the trailer. They just need to stop this road trip attempt.
i get they are proud of all the work and money they have poured into Clementine, but my god it just an old rig. It was not built for full timing in the 70s and it sure is not now 50 years later.

Reactions: 1
I think someone mentioned that it would be a good idea for them to buy a piece of land, park Clementine on it, and then rent it out or something. And I totally agree with that. I think they did a good job with the interior and I think the best thing they can do at this point is leave it stationary somewhere.

Reactions: 4
First, I feel terrible for Eric’s mom. Must be awful.

Second, get poor Clementine towed home or to a parcel of land and rent her out as an Air BB type deal. I get the idea they have come to the same conclusion, but still. Rigs under the best of circumstances are not designed for full time living. It actually voids some factory warranties let alone a C class built in 1976!

Third, if they try a new set up just buy something new or nearly new and decorate it. i Suspect they are going to go with a truck camper of their own design. Oh boy.

Reactions: 2
I don't understand how they had a whole new engine put in and it’s still fucked up.

I don't understand how they had a whole new engine put in and it’s still fucked up.
A lot depends on the quality of the rebuild if it is rebuilt or if it was a crate motor. If the exhaust or cooling was not set up right the engine could be under more stress than designed or it was not matched with the correct transmission. Yeah, a properly set up LS swap should last forever. It is weird. The brakes just sound like they wore down quickly. Cheap pads or they laid on them heavy during the trip? Plus, they had that recent plumbing leak.

They want to be near Eric's sickly mother and yet they are going on their longest flight ever. 😐

They also did stupid things like let's take it to death valley in the summer then take it to Alaska. They did things to push it past limits.

I don't get why they don't just ship it home or to the mechanic?

I also don't get the leaving the country on long flights. They said they left Alaska at one point went home to see his mom and flew back to Alaska. Acting like they never left, but they're going to fly so far? There's so much local then can do close by. Florida or Texas alone.

I feel like they are just all over the place with what they're saying and wanting to do.

EA is in that crisis burnout spot that a lot of successful vlog reach after about 5 to maybe 10 years and they have aged out of their initial demographic. The is a difference between being late twenty something to being on the downhill slide of your 30s. (If they want a family they better get a move on it, and hopefully plan better than the Beans.)

I get the idea they don’t tolerate plane travel well. The RV on the road lifestyle is always a compromise. How many different rigs have they considered, and they all have issues. They have family issues to deal with to boot.

Lately, their actual travelogue videos are very plug and play. (Here is a town. Everything is closed. Look a brewery with some nice beer. That view is tremendous. See you later y’all.). There is some real turmoil they are papering over. The thing is I like them, but I have watching them with eyes prepared to roll.

Reactions: 3
Alaska could have been epic but they showed us so little of it.
Agree. BC (before Clementine) they did a trip to Canada in a rented camper and it was stunning. By comparison Alaska looked very underwhelming which is crazy. I do think we have to make a few allowances though considering she just lost her mum and his mum is terminally ill.

EA is in that crisis burnout spot that a lot of successful vlog reach after about 5 to maybe 10 years and they have aged out of their initial demographic. The is a difference between being late twenty something to being on the downhill slide of your 30s. (If they want a family they better get a move on it, and hopefully plan better than the Beans.)

I get the idea they don’t tolerate plane travel well. The RV on the road lifestyle is always a compromise. How many different rigs have they considered, and they all have issues. They have family issues to deal with to boot.

Lately, their actual travelogue videos are very plug and play. (Here is a town. Everything is closed. Look a brewery with some nice beer. That view is tremendous. See you later y’all.). There is some real turmoil they are papering over. The thing is I like them, but I have watching them with eyes prepared to roll.
Absolutely 100% agree. They seem to be gritting their teeth and pushing through but it's showing. When Alison's mom died, she very clearly did NOT want to be on camera but I think Eric is like "This is our job now, we have to keep making money at this!" and that isn't going to end well. One or both of them are clearly burned out and I hope they realise that and take a break and we don't see a cryptic message on a community page and no vlogs for months on end until one of them makes a video without the other like The Way Away.

Reactions: 3
That happened with Divert Living (or whatever that channel was). Tah and Jimmy broke up and she left him in some foreign country what seemed to be suddenly and then he posted a crying video about the breakup. And then he carried on with the channel except it turned into a Dude Bro type channel. I watched one video but couldn't continue because it was both cringeworthy and sad to see him trying to be cheerful when it was obvious he was miserable. Same thing with Making it Happen except they had bought a condo together. Awkward!
I do agree that Eric and Alison are gritting their teeth in their videos. The content isn't interesting because their hearts aren't in it anymore. Understandably.

They keep stating they are looking for a property to buy, and/or a new project to fix. House or RV. I suspect a project is a good reason to not have to travel. It is at least part of the reason. I hope they get their lives in order.

Too many vloggers after I start watching for enjoyment drift into personal melodrama and some degree of despair over time. The vlogger(s) are stuck creating content since it’s their income, but their life circumstances have changed and you can see the ennui settle upon them.

With EA in England I expect they will meet up with the Travel Beans. I would love it if they held an intervention and told the Beans they cannot subject their baby to such a chaotic life. It won’t happen, but it would be nice.

I suspect EA are planning to do the exact same thing, have a baby and drag it round. Eric is fully grey haired down the sides now..they’d better get a move on.

I suspect EA are planning to do the exact same thing, have a baby and drag it round. Eric is fully grey haired down the sides now..they’d better get a move on.
Wife notice his hair too. They are clearly treading water now looking to start plan B.

They're back in England to recapture their British audience that got bored when they went into the RV life. They'll be doing British reaction videos next.

As much as I like TEA I do get frustrated at some of their choices. His mum is terminally ill but they decide to go to Singapore and the U.K having spent like 3years in the U.S? And now they have to leave the U.K earlier than planned because mum has taken a turn for the worse. Like they didn’t see the possibility of that coming? It’s like they’re very savvy when it comes to negotiating travelling around the world but incredibly naive in others. I want to give them both a shake sometimes.

• Sad
I really don't get them, they had to run back quick from California. Then they go Alaska and have to do the exact same thing yet pretend they didn't. Then go Europe around holidays knowing his mom was terminal.

They could just do southern states or local stuff. Savannah, Alabama, Orlando, Texas. So much they could do and be close.

• Sad