Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DA Stella

Chatty Member
I could imagine they had to try to film that segment multiple times as Eric was obviously very emotional (understandably so).
I think when these people initially plan to travel for a living it doesn't occur to them they might miss out on some very important stuff. They probably think they can just hop on an airplane if anything happened. But I doubt Eric would ever forgive himself if his mom sadly passed away while he was gallivanting around.

Reactions: 5

Jjjg

VIP Member
I'm tired of them complaining on RV life, messing up and then just being all over the place.

The new trailer would be good if they actually committed to it and made a plan. Go west and south there's so much they could do. Travelling in California, Nevada, Florida, Louisiana , Georgia, New Mexico, Texas.

Go camp on Grand Canyon!

annanuttall

VIP Member
I met them a few years ago and they were exactly how they were in their video. Super lovely. Love them and so envious of their lifestyle. xx

HaphazardSE

I think someone mentioned that it would be a good idea for them to buy a piece of land, park Clementine on it, and then rent it out or something. And I totally agree with that. I think they did a good job with the interior and I think the best thing they can do at this point is leave it stationary somewhere.

Reactions: 4

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
Their channel is the only one I've watched solidly for four years. I find a lot of traveller channels to be more about the people with the camera stuck in their face than showing the place they're visiting.

They seem like really lovely people, and I'm glad to read that's how they are in 'real life' too. I've even got my mum watching and for her YouTube is an alien concept :LOL:

(As a side note, I can't say I was surprised about Josh & Ashley.)

Theodore

VIP Member
Interesting new video which explains a few things and allows us see the both of them being much more vulnerable due to family stuff.

We were right, the Black Series trailer is ditched, the 50 state challenge is “on hold” and they’re looking at buying land or property in Colorado. I’m sticking with my prediction of a tiny home build.

DA Stella

Chatty Member
We tried to follow Delightful Travelers, but there is something about their style of travel that is boring for me.
They lost me when they did their "Come to the Dominican Republic, they have absolutely zero Covid safety regulations!!!" during the height of the pandemic. I felt for the Dominican people who obviously couldn't afford to lose tourism revenue so they were forced to put themselves at risk. I felt these people were taking advantage of them for their own benefit. Kind of heartless.
I actually liked their Canada series as I know basically nothing about Canada except that it gets really cold and it seems to be beautiful.

Reactions: 3

DA Stella

Chatty Member
I wonder why they just don't take a year off from vlogging and do gig work or something in the meantime.

JoelFizz

VIP Member
EA is in that crisis burnout spot that a lot of successful vlog reach after about 5 to maybe 10 years and they have aged out of their initial demographic. The is a difference between being late twenty something to being on the downhill slide of your 30s. (If they want a family they better get a move on it, and hopefully plan better than the Beans.)

I get the idea they don’t tolerate plane travel well. The RV on the road lifestyle is always a compromise. How many different rigs have they considered, and they all have issues. They have family issues to deal with to boot.

Lately, their actual travelogue videos are very plug and play. (Here is a town. Everything is closed. Look a brewery with some nice beer. That view is tremendous. See you later y’all.). There is some real turmoil they are papering over. The thing is I like them, but I have watching them with eyes prepared to roll.
Absolutely 100% agree. They seem to be gritting their teeth and pushing through but it's showing. When Alison's mom died, she very clearly did NOT want to be on camera but I think Eric is like "This is our job now, we have to keep making money at this!" and that isn't going to end well. One or both of them are clearly burned out and I hope they realise that and take a break and we don't see a cryptic message on a community page and no vlogs for months on end until one of them makes a video without the other like The Way Away.

JoelFizz

VIP Member
Haven't watched EA properly in a year. I stopped because I think they're burned out but are gritting their teeth and trying to pretend everything is okay. They're having a lot of personal stuff happening and are trying to carry on and it's showing.

DA Stella

Chatty Member
I hope Clementine is still there and intact when they return to get her. Leaving her in an open parking lot in L.A. is asking for her to be stripped or outright stolen. And I live in Southern California so it's not just sour grapes. I have to park my car on the street and there's no guarantee it'll be there undamaged the next morning. And I live in a nice area.
Those old trailers are notoriously easy to break into. And a chain link fence is woefully inadequate for keeping people out.
They surely don't need any more bad fortune.

Jjjg

VIP Member
So these 2 are so shocked it's snowing.....in Alaska!??

Then of course the RV is broken again. They were better off with the trailer. They just need to stop this road trip attempt.

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
I find the over-produced, scripted stuff is generally for ADs, so they're being paid by, for example, Visit Scotland, and they need to produce a high-quality video. I like their other vlogs because they do keep footage in when things go wrong. But I know what you mean about the fake shots ... although, I quite like them as scene changers. I think Eric has fun with the editing.
I like their travel days the most.
If you go back to the beginning you'll see how they started, it's totally different from today, definitely less slick!

S. McQueen Light

EA is in that crisis burnout spot that a lot of successful vlog reach after about 5 to maybe 10 years and they have aged out of their initial demographic. The is a difference between being late twenty something to being on the downhill slide of your 30s. (If they want a family they better get a move on it, and hopefully plan better than the Beans.)

I get the idea they don’t tolerate plane travel well. The RV on the road lifestyle is always a compromise. How many different rigs have they considered, and they all have issues. They have family issues to deal with to boot.

Lately, their actual travelogue videos are very plug and play. (Here is a town. Everything is closed. Look a brewery with some nice beer. That view is tremendous. See you later y’all.). There is some real turmoil they are papering over. The thing is I like them, but I have watching them with eyes prepared to roll.

S. McQueen Light

I started watching them shortly after COVID hit. I think I may have watched a few of them in before that, but I cannot be sure. The RV project sucked us in. I like the RV material better than their travel material.

I do think they were more than a bit optimistic when they took on the RV. Any vehicle pushing over 40 years is going to have a ton of mechanical problems let alone cosmetic ones to fix. I don’t know what they budgeted for the RV, but they have blown past that budget and then some by now. A new engine and transmission rebuild alone is not cheap let alone all the work they have already done on the RV.

Their travel stuff is highly produced, but it is generally too scripted for my tastes. All the drone footage and cute shots of them turning out a light from outside the cabin (when they had to run back outside to bring in the camera) and saying a progression of things over a number of different shots just rubs me the wrong way. I get its slick, but it is fake too. They are rather charming. I am not sure how well they will wear as they age such as Tim Tracker. I like them enough to keep following but once COVID ends and the RV project is done I think my regular viewing will too.

Theodore

VIP Member
Even if they got rid of the RV it would surely have paid them back any financial investment by giving them something to vlog about for 2 years as well as opening their channel up to a whole new community.

S. McQueen Light

I am sorry but after their last video on RV life. They regret it. Even though at the end of the video they said they didn’t their tone and body language it is clear they don’t like it. Part of it is that they seem to be poor planners and RVing takes some planning, but they aren’t those people.

Jjjg

VIP Member
Yeah I think they need to give up at this point.
They're still trying to leave home. Meanwhile flying the Nest, built their cover, travelled all over Australia for a year and moved onto travelling again.