The Duggar Family #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jim Slob will use Isla’s passing to guilt trip Jill. He would use any opportunity to tell her that Jesus is punishing her and Derick for leaving the cult by taking away their long awaited girl as punishment.

Hasn‘t Jinger had one too?
Yes, Halleli Grace.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I obviously feel so so sorry for her, but having read her book I just feel so aghast at the publicity she's giving to this loss, pictures at the graveside, it just leaves a sour taste.

Reactions: 7
She’s at 4 grid posts now… photos of the burial and funeral included. Each to their own, but I’d be pissed if I was her sister Joy who didn’t even have a funeral for her full term still born. It seems very performative to me and odd that her parents Michelle and Jim Bob were in the audience. Particularly when they have publicly said really awful things, like if you use birth control then it’s your fault if you have a miscarriage after…

Reactions: 3
It’s one thing grieving in private but to make it all so public doesn’t sit well with me

Reactions: 6
I want to be nice and say everyone grieves differently- and I DO believe that, but this is VERY public for something that is devastating for family. Any baby loss is obviously very sad no matter what stage of pregnancy- all those hopes and excitement. But I thought she was about 14 weeks along? I may have that wrong and I'm not trying to minimise her grief AT ALL, but its unusual to have a coffin and funeral for a loss that early isn't it?
\But then if it helps them, I guess its their business. Just think its all a bit public, which I personally, find odd.

Reactions: 7
I want to be nice and say everyone grieves differently- and I DO believe that, but this is VERY public for something that is devastating for family. Any baby loss is obviously very sad no matter what stage of pregnancy- all those hopes and excitement. But I thought she was about 14 weeks along? I may have that wrong and I'm not trying to minimise her grief AT ALL, but its unusual to have a coffin and funeral for a loss that early isn't it?
\But then if it helps them, I guess its their business. Just think its all a bit public, which I personally, find odd.
16 weeks. It's not unusal to have a coffin or a funeral you will labour and deliver the baby and the placenta. Then your body goes through a post partum recovery, some women's milk even comes in. It's not the same as an early miscarriage.

Most Cemeteries in the UK will have baby area, that's where a lot of these babies are buried, alongside still births and young babies that pass.
They had so little of life a resting place and a name is all we can give them in the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
16 weeks. It's not unusal to have a coffin or a funeral you will labour and deliver the baby and the placenta. Then your body goes through a post partum recovery, some women's milk even comes in. It's not the same as an early miscarriage.

Most Cemeteries in the UK will have baby area, that's where a lot of these babies are buried, alongside still births and young babies that pass.
They had so little of life a resting place and a name is all we can give them in the end.
I thought that you couldn't have a funeral/burial in the UK unless they were 24 weeks plus. I'm glad if that's not the case. Its so sad for anyone to lose a baby at any stage. Hopefully the service and funeral that the Dillards held will help them grieve.
I hope she give herself time to heal before getting pregnant again.

I thought that you couldn't have a funeral/burial in the UK unless they were 24 weeks plus. I'm glad if that's not the case. Its so sad for anyone to lose a baby at any stage. Hopefully the service and funeral that the Dillards held will help them grieve.
I hope she give herself time to heal before getting pregnant again.
I don't know if it's all hospitals but ours you have the option of a cremation between 12 and 24 weeks. Over that I think it's a legal burial but I'm not 100%
Not a lot know about this either but on the gov website you can now request a pregnancy loss certificate for a baby born / miscarried before 24 weeks :(

Reactions: 1