The Duggar Family #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh do you reckon? I hoped for a “tell all” 😕
We would all hope for that but can't see it happening. It will be about how the Lord (ie Jeremy) put it upon her heart to walk this new path and she's now in a new season of life. She'll talk about how wonderful her parents were and how she's so happy they raised her with a strong Biblical foundation. I hope I'm wrong though! 😁

Reactions: 8
Think she has the potential to also tell the truth. Jinger also spoke about complete randoms being allowed to stay at their house and I think it was her who had a diary stolen when she was younger.

They have never really been protected at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Jinger said it is not a tell all. So I doubt there will be any juicy secrets. She just said more than once it’s about her journey within Christianity.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Will still be an interesting read when it comes out.

Jinger Vuolo, the sixth child in the famous Duggar family of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting and Counting On, recounts how she began to question the unhealthy ideology of her youth and learned to embrace true freedom in Christ.

When Jinger Duggar Vuolo was growing up, she was convinced that obeying the rules was the key to success and God's favor. She zealously promoted the Basic Life Principles of Bill Gothard,

-fastidiously obeying the modesty guidelines (no shorts or jeans, only dresses),
eagerly submitting to the umbrella of authority (any disobedience of parents would place her outside God's protection),
-promoting the relationship standard of courtship, and
-avoiding any music with a worldly beat, among others.

Jinger, along with three of her sisters, wrote a New York Times bestseller about their religious convictions. She believed this level of commitment would guarantee God's blessing, even though in private she felt constant fear that she wasn't measuring up to the high standards demanded of her.

In Becoming Free Indeed, Jinger shares how in her early twenties, a new family member—a brother-in-law who didn't grow up in the same tight-knit conservative circle as Jinger—caused her to examine her beliefs. He was committed to the Bible, but he didn't believe many of the things Jinger had always assumed were true. His influence, along with the help of a pastor named Jeremy Vuolo, caused Jinger to see that her life was built on rules, not God's Word.

Jinger committed to studying the Bible—truly understanding it—for the first time. What resulted was an earth-shaking realization: much of what she'd always believed about God, obedience to His Word, and personal holiness wasn't in-line with what the Bible teaches.

Now with a renewed faith of personal conviction, Becoming Free Indeed shares what it was like living under the tenants of Bill Gothard, the Biblical truth that changed her perspective, and how she disentangled her faith with her belief in Jesus intact.

Amazon product

Will still be an interesting read when it comes out.

Jinger Vuolo, the sixth child in the famous Duggar family of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting and Counting On, recounts how she began to question the unhealthy ideology of her youth and learned to embrace true freedom in Christ.

When Jinger Duggar Vuolo was growing up, she was convinced that obeying the rules was the key to success and God's favor. She zealously promoted the Basic Life Principles of Bill Gothard,

-fastidiously obeying the modesty guidelines (no shorts or jeans, only dresses),
eagerly submitting to the umbrella of authority (any disobedience of parents would place her outside God's protection),
-promoting the relationship standard of courtship, and
-avoiding any music with a worldly beat, among others.

Jinger, along with three of her sisters, wrote a New York Times bestseller about their religious convictions. She believed this level of commitment would guarantee God's blessing, even though in private she felt constant fear that she wasn't measuring up to the high standards demanded of her.

In Becoming Free Indeed, Jinger shares how in her early twenties, a new family member—a brother-in-law who didn't grow up in the same tight-knit conservative circle as Jinger—caused her to examine her beliefs. He was committed to the Bible, but he didn't believe many of the things Jinger had always assumed were true. His influence, along with the help of a pastor named Jeremy Vuolo, caused Jinger to see that her life was built on rules, not God's Word.

Jinger committed to studying the Bible—truly understanding it—for the first time. What resulted was an earth-shaking realization: much of what she'd always believed about God, obedience to His Word, and personal holiness wasn't in-line with what the Bible teaches.

Now with a renewed faith of personal conviction, Becoming Free Indeed shares what it was like living under the tenants of Bill Gothard, the Biblical truth that changed her perspective, and how she disentangled her faith with her belief in Jesus intact.

Amazon product
I hope that Anna reads this and realises that the "rules" imposed are not realistic or required to live a fulfilled life.

I have some doubts about the book. If Ben was the one who supposedly opened her eyes to the true nature of the gothard teachings being cruel and abusive then why is his wife jessa raising their kids in the most similar way to Michelle and Jim Bob?
Jinger has just swapped one religiously abusive patriarch for another. I am however interested in the fallout this will undoubtedly cause. Will jinger be shunned now?

Reactions: 7
I have some doubts about the book. If Ben was the one who supposedly opened her eyes to the true nature of the gothard teachings being cruel and abusive then why is his wife jessa raising their kids in the most similar way to Michelle and Jim Bob?
Jinger has just swapped one religiously abusive patriarch for another. I am however interested in the fallout this will undoubtedly cause. Will jinger be shunned now?
I assumed it was Derrick that opened her eyes? Might have missed the bit about it being Ben

Reactions: 7
It's Ben, I presumed it was as she was very close to Jessa and always spending time with her and Ben when they were married hence how she met Jeremy as he's a friend of Bens, just had a look and found this about the book......

She credits brother-in-law Ben Seewald and husband Jeremy Vuolo for opening her eyes to a different belief system. In Becoming Free Indeed, Jinger shares how brother-in-law Ben Seewald, husband of sister Jessa, entered the Duggar family in her early twenties.

Reactions: 4
It's Ben, I presumed it was as she was very close to Jessa and always spending time with her and Ben when they were married hence how she met Jeremy as he's a friend of Bens, just had a look and found this about the book......

She credits brother-in-law Ben Seewald and husband Jeremy Vuolo for opening her eyes to a different belief system. In Becoming Free Indeed, Jinger shares how brother-in-law Ben Seewald, husband of sister Jessa, entered the Duggar family in her early twenties.
Ahh right how interesting, didn’t have Ben down as the type

Ahh right how interesting, didn’t have Ben down as the type
Whilst Ben's family hold some unpalatable views, compared to the Duggars they are fundi lite. The women have short hair, wear trousers and the children all went to school. Quite surprising that he passed Jim Bob's 56 page application form!

Jinger said it is not a tell all. So I doubt there will be any juicy secrets. She just said more than once it’s about her journey within Christianity.
This always annoyed me when I was religious. How can you have a "journey" when you were born Christian and never explored other religions or options. Or they say some nonsense like how they questioned God for a week because their friend died. Wow such a beautiful journey! I'm sure they grew as a person and stoped being racist and homophobic! /s

Josiah and Lauren #2 confirmed
E49AA30E-79A5-4E02-B925-A70A52A19681.jpeg

Thicc Ass Joe and Kendra #4 confirmed
3430B49E-03F7-4B3C-8B6B-7D977CB3D746.jpeg

Expect the Giggling BabyCanon to pop another one out next Autumn. The Lord works hard but Kendra’s uterus works harder.

Thank you Jed

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Wonder who the 30th is?
Jimbob said Joy's baby will be the 30th.
Those 2 plus Joy's is 29

Reactions: 2
Josiah and Lauren #2 confirmed
View attachment 1726624

Thicc Ass Joe and Kendra #4 confirmed
View attachment 1726623

Expect the Giggling BabyCanon to pop another one out next Autumn. The Lord works hard but Kendra’s uterus works harder.

Thank you Jed
I thought Lauren looked pregnant when she was a bridesmaid last year, a lot of comments on posts showing it said she wasn't but it looked exactly like a baby bump to me, as for Lauren, bloody hell she's clearly another "joyfully available" Michelle

• Sick
Kendra will definitely be the closest to Michelle in terms of family size. Let's hope they are buying used and saving the difference, as they aren't going to be getting a TV contract to save them from poverty like their father did. What does Joe supposedly do?