The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pete released another solo show! He hasn’t done once since March and said it’s because he has been battling severe depression. Pete may be an asshole to everyone around him but I don’t wish mental health struggles on anyone. He said he asked people close to him to help by checking in on and him and the ones that didn’t do that are now no longer a part of his life (thinking this might be what happened to Panda) but wonder who else?! He said he would very surprised by who wasn’t there for him and while he doesn’t wish them any ill will (yea right) that he just won’t let them in his life any longer.
I think Pete goes through loops with his depression when people he loves (like Sean and Dustin), leave him. He then spends loads of money and treats people more horribly, and then his depression catches up to him when he finally realized what a piece of human tit he is. Eventually he'll climb out of it thinking he's now going a better friend and person, or at least thinking that he's been the victim and he is now stronger because of it.

Reactions: 10
He said he asked people close to him to help by checking in on and him and the ones that didn’t do that are now no longer a part of his life
What a bleeping DIVA. Always has to be the star of the show.

Does anyone here think Pete gives a duck about anyone else or would "check in on them"

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't wish poor mental health on anyone but I wouldn't be surprised if the "friends" that didn't check in with him are people he treated like crap. I'm sure there are plenty of "friends" in Pete's life that tolerate his attitude and behavior because they're dependent on the paycheck or just don't want to deal with his verbal abuse
I agree, for instance it seems Fiasco was a really good friend to Pete. I remember Pete praising him on air for taking him and waiting all day for him to get a medical procedure. He didn't expect him to wait. Then all of a sudden he was gone, it took the audience to keep asking about him that Pete finally said something. The same thing with Panda, as he seemed all in and good friends with Pete, then a sudden departure. Even though Panda said there was no drama, on his channel made mention that he was considering what he wanted to do, so the excuse he took a new job didn't add up!

I feel that medical issues, physical or mental, cannot become the burden of paid employees. You cannot mix business and personal life to that extent, it isn’t healthy for anyone to blur the lines like that.

Certainly, employees to whom you are close will know you need some extra bolstering but you need to lean on family and medical professionals and get help in appropriate places. Drama and business don’t play well together. He is wrong to keep or fire employees according to how his emotional meter is pegged.
Pete doesn't seem to make a distinction between friend, employee, and partner, probably because he founded the company with his ex-husband and employeed family at the beginning. It's a terrible way to approach a business; your employees are your employees, nothing more. It's why most businesses in America have strict rules about employee fraternization and why it's pretty much always in your best interest to keep coworkers at arm's length.

I wonder if he views people quitting (like Deni) as personal insults. I'd imagine he probably does.

I hate that Pete is struggling with depression, but I also don't think he'd make a video about it unless he was calling someone out directly. One of those people was definitely Gio; it's been well documented here that all social media, etc. points to the two having broken up. Someone above mentioned Panda, but he was on a recent DVC show (after he announced he'd quit), so I don't think that's the case (though of course things could've changed in the interim).

I hope Pete is working on himself and taking the steps he needs to take to hep his mental health. That said, his video might also be an attack and a warning to those around him. We all know Pete needs his ego massaged, maybe he's sending a message to his crew.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone here think Pete gives a duck about anyone else or would "check in on them"
Absolutely not! I think it’s crazy to put such an expectation on your “friends” and possibly/likely even your employees and cut them out when they don’t do what you said.
---
Someone above mentioned Panda, but he was on a recent DVC show (after he announced he'd quit), so I don't think that's the case (though of course things could've changed in the interim).
The ones he was a producer on? They were likely still filmed around the time he was still employed since those aired in May and they film ahead of time. Plus if he came back after leaving I expect him as a panel guest not producer.
Now he did say when he announced he was leaving that you might see him around on a dining review etc. so I could be totally off, but him leaving then seemingly picking his own channel back up does make me wonder.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This really interesting to me. I would have thought that Sean was treated way worse than Dustin. I assumed Dustin was treated pretty good from Pete, and that Sean was in the abusive relationship due to Pete's depression about Dustin (Sean being the rebound). But I guess i was wrong! Pete is just an asshole to all of his boyfriends! It makes me wonder how Pete treated John when they were together. But Pete always talked to me about how amazing Dustin was, so I just thought Pete must've treated him really nicely.
I would love if Dustin came in here and shared his experiences, but I get it if he doesn't want to revisit that part of his past.
In all honestly, I kinda felt the same. It’s not that I was ‘asking for it’ but I do feel I benefitted and things started in a questionable way from an outside prospective. I’ve always cut Pete some decency/slack because I’ve thought he was either ignorant, recovering from his own trauma, or that I might’ve given the wrong impression while dealing with my own issues which was the catalyst. And I understand any apprehension from outsiders because I technically was a bleep that benefitted financially but Dustin wasn’t and didn’t. After speaking to him, Pete is an abhorrent human who does things with intention, malice and should be in prison, in my opinion.

I want him to be able to tell what he’s comfortable discussing, but I think he had it worse.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Alright y’all. Dustin still cannot post but is fine to answer questions. I will relay as best as I can, but he is reading and can also just send me stuff to answer your questions.

I have never read a negative thing about Dustin on DISBoards and he is overwhelmingly praised, even here and other gossip sites. That said, I am also in camp Dustin and I will not post anything he’s uncomfortable with nor ask him to clarify anything he doesn’t want to. His experience was much further in the past than mine and I also was told a lot of stories about Dustin early on that did not add up, so I took more records and had more of a guidemap than he did. So if he doesn’t remember something fully, he’s doing his best to explain a negative experience that he's allowing himself to recall, years later. So be gentle.

Also, per Dustin’s wishes, he is not going to answer questions about Corey, Craig, ryno and most other people that work/worked for the company.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
In all honestly, I kinda felt the same. It’s not that I was ‘asking for it’ but I do feel I benefitted and things started in a questionable way from an outside prospective. I’ve always cut Pete some decency/slack because I’ve thought he was either ignorant, recovering from his own trauma, or that I might’ve given the wrong impression while dealing with my own issues which was the catalyst. And I understand any apprehension from outsiders because I technically was a bleep that benefitted financially but Dustin wasn’t and didn’t. After speaking to him, Pete is an abhorrent human who does things with intention, malice and should be in prison, in my opinion.

I want him to be able to tell what he’s comfortable discussing, but I think he had it worse.
I just want you to know that I love you Sean and I have from the start, when you first appeared on the DIS.

I also want Dustin to know that I greatly miss him on my YouTube feed.

• Heart
Sean ask Dustin how does he feel that since he was the creative motivator behind the dis unplugged YouTube channels does he feel a certain way to see that all that work you put in has gone nowhere and that people like Craig are literally just living off what he implemented?

Asked Dustin and what he would have done differently if you were still there and running the show?

Also, ask Dustin how the relationship between him and Pete came to be and subsequently came to an end it just seems to me Dustin was too good to get into such a hot mess like that…

Reactions: 4
Sean ask Dustin how does he feel that since he was the creative motivator behind the dis unplugged YouTube channels does he feel a certain way to see that all that work you put in has gone nowhere and that people like Craig are literally just living off what he implemented?

Asked Dustin and what he would have done differently if you were still there and running the show?

Also, ask Dustin how the relationship between him and Pete came to be and subsequently came to an end it just seems to me Dustin was too good to get into such a hot mess like that…
He’s not going to answer anything about the other team members because he told me specifically he wouldn’t, but he might answer some elements of this.

Reactions: 5
Alright y’all. Dustin still cannot post but is fine to answer questions. I will relay as best as I can, but he is reading and can also just send me stuff to answer your questions.

I have never read a negative thing about Dustin on DISBoards and he is overwhelmingly praised, even here and other gossip sites. That said, I am also in camp Dustin and I will not post anything he’s uncomfortable with nor ask him to clarify anything he doesn’t want to. His experience was much further in the past than mine and I also was told a lot of stories about Dustin early on that did not add up, so I took more records and had more of a guidemap than he did. So if he doesn’t remember something fully, he’s doing his best to explain a negative experience that he's allowing himself to recall, years later. So be gentle.

Also, per Dustin’s wishes, he is not going to answer questions about Corey, Craig, ryno and most other people that work/worked for the company.
Wow, that's awesome that y'all have been able to connect. I hope it's been helpful to both of you. I really am shocked to hear that Dustin may have had it worse than you. I guess one question that I have for Dustin is how much he sold those Star Wars theatrical posters for? The one's that Pete gave him as a gift? JK he doesn't have to answer that.

Reactions: 4
DIS Unplugged #5: Behind the Lumière! (Behind the candelabra pun)

DIS Unplugged #5: Is this thread dairy and vegan free?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
@The Mando I actually have a question for Dustin that I've been curious about for awhile. I'm curious about your answer as well. Do both of you still have a passion for Disney? Has Dustin visited Disney World since everything went down? Or did the experience with Pete ruin any of that?

Reactions: 7
Out of all the bad hires at the dis I think this fake vegan weird hair girl might be the worst yet…😱 Also Ryno used to be alright but lately seems like he’s being forced to do this against his will.

@The Mando I actually have a question for Dustin that I've been curious about for awhile. I'm curious about your answer as well. Do both of you still have a passion for Disney? Has Dustin visited Disney World since everything went down? Or did the experience with Pete ruin any of that?
I can answer for myself. I now enjoy Disney again. I made a post on instagram/Facebook recently about falling back in love with Disney and Dustin saw that post and reached out so we did have a long talk about that. I go to the parks at least once per week now and sometimes more but I have had my separation. I agree that moving here dilutes the magic for sure but you change your mindset and it just fits in a different way. Dustin doesn’t live here but I want him and his wife to come down and do the parks, so I’m going to bully him into haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't want to prod Dustin into answering too deep of questions, but did he feel like he got lured into bed with Pete? Did Dustin just kinda get "swept away" because of all of the experiences and lifestyle he was all of suddenly being able to experience?

Absolutely not
---

The irony of this. Back in late 2018, Tom of DVCstore (the owner) reached out to Pete as they had been a long time advertiser on DISboards and wanted to increase the role they played. Since I really had no job at the DIS and had been there over a year, I jumped to take over that project. Early 2019 rolled around we met with their staff a number of times and I suggested to Pete that we do a DVC show and he should purchase a DVC contract to better understand what he is trying to sell to people. (Pete and John had a contract in the 90s but kept that in the split so it had been 2 decades)

Pete LOST it on me. Fired me from the project, blocked me on his phone for days and just threatened me with anything he could throw at me because he thought I was trying to manipulate him into buying into DVC. I told him I wasn’t and genuinely thought it would make sense for him to know more about the product. He refused and just thought I wanted him to get DVC so that I could use his points. Eventually he calmed down and put me back over the project and within like 6 months he had multiple contracts. Last I knew he was around 1300 points but no idea now. But just the sheer level of tit I got for suggesting This radical concept of understand a product you sell, only for him to buy so much of it.

I did also create the text-in program that DVCstore still uses to this day. Slicktext was already a company but they hadn’t ever had the product used in that way, so people can just sign up and get a text alert when a contract comes up that fits their use year, price, resort and point number and it made it where people didn’t have a need to shop around because they would just get alerted by the target company. So I felt it was a good product for sure. -

none of that paragraph was relevant, im just bragging lol.
Brag away.

That must have been a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome! I am not joking. It is difficult when a person can be so loving and generous, but then turn on a dime. Such a mind duck.

I am glad you got away and are in a much better place. You and your husband look very happy together.

@The Mando You're an absolute Gem. Thank you for being so open.

Dustin, if you are reading this, only share what you feel comfortable with. Im sorry you experienced so much tit, but Im so glad to see you are doing well now. You were always one of my favorites :)
Same goes for you Sean, I'm glad to see you both are in a much better place.

Reactions: 13
DIS Unplugged #5: The Lying King. The story of greed, sex and murder. And the parts that I don't like, I'm gonna edit out.

(Who gets that reference)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have another question for Dustin...did John and Kevin treat you pretty well? It always came across like they treated you as if you were lower than them (mainly Kevin, actually).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.