The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean why are there any brown or black people on the show or working for the agency? There are loads of black and brown Disney vlogers yet I’ve never seen one in the 10 years I’ve been watching.
I mean you are talking about 5 talking heads and a production nook. Not a big company and not a normal hiring process to boot. There are many issues here but I think issues with hiring based on race is not one of them. Unless someone was discriminated against for that reason but I’ve seen no claims of the sort. A LOT of bad practices and abuse going on from the looks of things, but to call in racial discrimination based on a crew of 6-8 people is a massive reach. I do not know the travel agents aside from the ones who join in on the panels so I’m not speaking to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I mean you are talking about 5 talking heads and a production nook. Not a big company and not a normal hiring process to boot. There are many issues here but I think issues with hiring based on race is not one of them. Unless someone was discriminated against for that reason but I’ve seen no claims of the sort. A LOT of bad practices and abuse going on from the looks of things, but to call in racial discrimination based on a crew of 6-8 people is a massive reach. I do not know the travel agents aside from the ones who join in on the panels so I’m not speaking to that.
Great post.

Reactions: 3
The theme of “the Dis is racist” seems to keep bubbling up here…I’m wondering what the reason is, besides lack of diversity on air? Making claims against them is pretty serious, and if that’s the only reason, doesn’t seem to add up. Now we know that Pete makes inappropriate jokes from what has been shared by insiders (like referring to particular religious affiliation and spending habits), but he certainly hasn’t come across as racist. The term is almost starting to lose its meaning because it’s thrown around so much…that’s not ok.

Reactions: 7
The theme of “the Dis is racist” seems to keep bubbling up here…I’m wondering what the reason is, besides lack of diversity on air? Making claims against them is pretty serious, and if that’s the only reason, doesn’t seem to add up. Now we know that Pete makes inappropriate jokes from what has been shared by insiders (like referring to particular religious affiliation and spending habits), but he certainly hasn’t come across as racist. The term is almost starting to lose its meaning because it’s thrown around so much…that’s not ok.
Right. The problem when you make everything about race is you not only dilute actual racial discrimination issues by providing cadence to the voice of everything always needing to be about race. It weakens the greater message where it actually matters when folks toss it around like it applies to everything. Furthermore, you have people sharing some pretty shocking stuff you are diverting attention from. I wouldn’t go through all this effort to type all this if it was just brought up once or twice, but this is at least the 5th time I’ve seen it proposed with no basis as prior affiliates were sharing stories of trauma.

Reactions: 6
I've seen it come up on their own Disboards as well.

I've seen it come up on their own Disboards as well.
To be fair it was really one person’s doing that led to that although there were a few hangers on and trolls attached at the time. The person in question had their mind made up that the DIS was a racist organization and no matter what anyone told them (including people working there) nothing was going to change their mind. I haven’t been to their board in ages but I’m willing to bet the thread is still there. It honestly should’ve been locked asap but this was summer 2020 and things were different then. After reading just a couple of their posts I wanted to stick 2 fingers knuckle deep into their eye sockets.

Reactions: 3
To be fair it was really one person’s doing that led to that although there were a few hangers on and trolls attached at the time. The person in question had their mind made up that the DIS was a racist organization and no matter what anyone told them (including people working there) nothing was going to change their mind. I haven’t been to their board in ages but I’m willing to bet the thread is still there. It honestly should’ve been locked asap but this was summer 2020 and things were different then. After reading just a couple of their posts I wanted to stick 2 fingers knuckle deep into their eye sockets.
Lately it’s one person as well. I think they have “brown or black” as a shortcut to paste into their posts. 😝

The agency has like 60 agents but you don’t know peoples race when applications rarely open. Pete is very aware of the lack of racial diversity on the show and would actively take anyone that wasn’t white to fulfill that part of things but there just isn’t anyone.

I think I addressed everything I know of Eric. The only additional is that I passed my real estate exam and asked him what to do, he told me he made my license active with his brokerage ‘fathom’ and I believed that. I later found out that he had not actually activated my license because he couldn’t and I would’ve have to do it myself. I never intended to go for his role or job or whatever but I can only assume he thought I was. This isn’t a bad assumption because Pete would’ve put me in ahead of him, but I got licensed in October of 2019 and Pete kept Eric on until Eric voluntarily left in March 2020. Pete had never approached me to take over anything and I wasn’t prepared to take that role so Eric had nothing to worry about. That said, I knew pete and Eric’s relationship was crumbling and many incidences were popping up of Eric not performing for clients and complaints coming in, so it was def all coming to a head eventually. Eric did meet with pete multiple times while I was there filming and it always seemed like an annoyance for Eric to have to be working with pete on the project. I feel Eric didn’t want me near the project and I understand why because of my relationship with Pete but it could’ve gone really well if he had been more open to me because I wanted to work with him.

I don’t remember the Hoop show at all. My brother worked there as an actor and asked us to stay after the show to get photos with the cast. A security guard was telling us to leave and my mom explained that her son was in the show and told us to stay seated but he insisted that we leave. I don’t remember all the details but I remember him getting upset and saying something negative towards my mom (tensions were high because my dad had passed away and this was Christmas Eve and it was the first Christmas after) and I flipped him off. The guard got angry and he called a higher security and ‘claimed’ I was trying to leave with alcohol, which I didn’t. It escalated (calmly) but higher ups got involved and then I tried to film so I had Proof and security flipped out when I tried to film the situation. It was a terrible night, Josh D’maro eventually got involved and explained that the guard already had 3 previous cases against him and he was ‘moved to a new position’ but I don’t know where. Josh and Jim Phelps has a sit down with me and Pete. We rode in a car to Hollywood studios and I mentioned that I used to work at Disney. Josh asked me how I liked it and I said it was the worst job I ever had and Pete was mortified. Josh and Jim were great about it and asked what my issues were beyond money and I said break rooms. I explained that I worked at big thunder mountain and the
‘Break room’ is literally between the 2 tracks of the ride (like where you get on the ride there’s a small room) and you can’t even sit, much less have a fridge to keep food. You have to use splash mountains or pay at the cafeteria, but it’s too far to reach on a regular break. So you just get nothing. I also explained that Ruben (moving to Orlando agent) worked (at that time) at jungle cruise and their break room is a tent outside and it gets very cold at night and there’s bugs and it not a good work environment. They did say that money was being set aside for new break rooms. The next month (I guess January 2020ish) it was publicly announced that break rooms were getting a massive makeover. So, I was happy to get to talk to someone in a position of power to actually make some kind of functional difference, even if it was already planned.

Reactions: 24
I guess a lot of National Hockey League teams are racist too.

Reactions: 4
The agency has like 60 agents but you don’t know peoples race when applications rarely open. Pete is very aware of the lack of racial diversity on the show and would actively take anyone that wasn’t white to fulfill that part of things but there just isn’t anyone.

I think I addressed everything I know of Eric. The only additional is that I passed my real estate exam and asked him what to do, he told me he made my license active with his brokerage ‘fathom’ and I believed that. I later found out that he had not actually activated my license because he couldn’t and I would’ve have to do it myself. I never intended to go for his role or job or whatever but I can only assume he thought I was. This isn’t a bad assumption because Pete would’ve put me in ahead of him, but I got licensed in October of 2019 and Pete kept Eric on until Eric voluntarily left in March 2020. Pete had never approached me to take over anything and I wasn’t prepared to take that role so Eric had nothing to worry about. That said, I knew pete and Eric’s relationship was crumbling and many incidences were popping up of Eric not performing for clients and complaints coming in, so it was def all coming to a head eventually. Eric did meet with pete multiple times while I was there filming and it always seemed like an annoyance for Eric to have to be working with pete on the project. I feel Eric didn’t want me near the project and I understand why because of my relationship with Pete but it could’ve gone really well if he had been more open to me because I wanted to work with him.

I don’t remember the Hoop show at all. My brother worked there as an actor and asked us to stay after the show to get photos with the cast. A security guard was telling us to leave and my mom explained that her son was in the show and told us to stay seated but he insisted that we leave. I don’t remember all the details but I remember him getting upset and saying something negative towards my mom (tensions were high because my dad had passed away and this was Christmas Eve and it was the first Christmas after) and I flipped him off. The guard got angry and he called a higher security and ‘claimed’ I was trying to leave with alcohol, which I didn’t. It escalated (calmly) but higher ups got involved and then I tried to film so I had Proof and security flipped out when I tried to film the situation. It was a terrible night, Josh D’maro eventually got involved and explained that the guard already had 3 previous cases against him and he was ‘moved to a new position’ but I don’t know where. Josh and Jim Phelps has a sit down with me and Pete. We rode in a car to Hollywood studios and I mentioned that I used to work at Disney. Josh asked me how I liked it and I said it was the worst job I ever had and Pete was mortified. Josh and Jim were great about it and asked what my issues were beyond money and I said break rooms. I explained that I worked at big thunder mountain and the
‘Break room’ is literally between the 2 tracks of the ride (like where you get on the ride there’s a small room) and you can’t even sit, much less have a fridge to keep food. You have to use splash mountains or pay at the cafeteria, but it’s too far to reach on a regular break. So you just get nothing. I also explained that Ruben (moving to Orlando agent) worked (at that time) at jungle cruise and their break room is a tent outside and it gets very cold at night and there’s bugs and it not a good work environment. They did say that money was being set aside for new break rooms. The next month (I guess January 2020ish) it was publicly announced that break rooms were getting a massive makeover. So, I was happy to get to talk to someone in a position of power to actually make some kind of functional difference, even if it was already planned.
Thanks for answering the questions. At least maybe something positive came from the whole situation. It’s really depressing how poorly Disney treats their front of the line cast.

Reactions: 6
Oh tit The woke diversity people are here? With no evidence because I don’t have a box that you’d like checked there’s racism at play…how stupid.

Reactions: 1
The WDWNT YouTube channel is so informative and up to date I didn’t know a new milkshake shop opened at Cabana Bay! Ryno is so lazy you can’t swing by and make a half hour video? Instead we get archive footage of a room tour when he was thin.

Reactions: 7
The WDWNT YouTube channel is so informative and up to date I didn’t know a new milkshake shop opened at Cabana Bay! Ryno is so lazy you can’t swing by and make a half hour video? Instead we get archive footage of a room tour when he was thin.
Universal definitely opened that without much fanfare. We saw construction walls when we were there in September and asked an employee - they openly said "milkshake shop" lol

I saw that video. The worst part of that post was that in the description it said it was from a 7 in 7 series that they started filming earlier in the year but never completed.

That just sums up perfectly the problems with the channel.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.