The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(However, that bar of qualifications is quite low when they hired Erica.)
I also always like to remind folks that these people (for the most part) have other jobs at the company. So Erica is more an editor/writer and jumps on the show (maybe as a part of her job, I don't really understand how they decide), similar to the several travel agents who do the same. It's an ancillary part of the job, so Erica for example could be a fantastic writer (I don't read their news articles so I don't know) but isn't great in front of the camera. I'm just hesitant to say anyone is bad on the show so they're bad at their job, it's really not the job the were primarily hired for.

Reactions: 4
Oliver?! Hahaha he was only on the show for like 2 hot minutes!
Ya. He was not on the show long enough to have a real impact.

I know he tried doing his own show with Jeni Lynn, but I think that eventually stalled out, especially after Jeni Lynn moved on to other things.
He was only on the show for less than a year but he had probably the biggest impact on there channel of anyone including Craig and Dustin IMO. Oliver walked in with an immediately likable personality which hasnt happend with like anyone else. They started vloggin from the parks more seriously once he started. If I remember correctly he started Best and Worst with Pete and that was there best show until Ryno took over. Oliver was all over the place and was interesting to watch. And there channel stalled out because Oliver divorced his husband otherwise it probably wouldve kept getting bigger as he was even better there than on the Dis.

He was better than Fiasco Ryno and Panda without a doubt. I think he made Craig try to be better when his only competition was Ryno and Dustin definitely started the videos for them but Dustin was managing there one podcast and then hosted the one that always followed it and they got way less views back then.

Reactions: 1
He was only on the show for less than a year but he had probably the biggest impact on there channel of anyone including Craig and Dustin IMO. Oliver walked in with an immediately likable personality which hasnt happend with like anyone else. They started vloggin from the parks more seriously once he started. If I remember correctly he started Best and Worst with Pete and that was there best show until Ryno took over. Oliver was all over the place and was interesting to watch. And there channel stalled out because Oliver divorced his husband otherwise it probably wouldve kept getting bigger as he was even better there than on the Dis.

He was better than Fiasco Ryno and Panda without a doubt. I think he made Craig try to be better when his only competition was Ryno and Dustin definitely started the videos for them but Dustin was managing there one podcast and then hosted the one that always followed it and they got way less views back then.
I agree. Oliver was reason I started to watch and enjoy the channel. I think he ended up working for Unoversal and going for his MBA. His presence on social is non existent now. Also, JL’s fiancé was great too. Tom. He and Oliver had a great bit where they went on one of this giant slingshot rides together on This Orlando Life. It was hysterical. This Orlando Life had some great shows.

Reactions: 2
I also always like to remind folks that these people (for the most part) have other jobs at the company. So Erica is more an editor/writer and jumps on the show (maybe as a part of her job, I don't really understand how they decide), similar to the several travel agents who do the same. It's an ancillary part of the job, so Erica for example could be a fantastic writer (I don't read their news articles so I don't know) but isn't great in front of the camera. I'm just hesitant to say anyone is bad on the show so they're bad at their job, it's really not the job the were primarily hired for.
I'm sure she is a competent writer but her lack of park knowledge is evident.

Let me first say that Pete is probably a miserable human being.
That said, are you saying that he has discriminatory hiring practices? In order for a discrimination claim to be successful, a person of color would have to be passed over to hire a white person who was less qualified for the job. (However, that bar of qualifications is quite low when they hired Erica.) Maybe someone has some info that, in fact, this occurred.
I know nothing of his hiring practices, I was replying with what I've seen on his channel. It is possible a qualified non-white applicant or heterosexual has applied and been passed over or he only gets one kind of applicant. I guess not hiring people based on who he wants to or has slept with is a good start. I

If such pieces on Patreon: Erica 's 7 days of selfies are any indication of her writing, I don't think it is that great. She was brought to be on camera because she is the main Tik Tok contributor.

I've moved over to mostly watching Mammoth Club for Disney parks content and WDWNT for Disney parks news.

I didn't really care for the All Ears channel, but Molly has won me over. I like her trivia and tips, positive attitude (but she keeps it real too) and the fact that they keep it interesting by doing challenges, etc. There's also three of them and they seem happy to participate versus the DIS team.

I know Tom Corless isn't everyone's cup of tea, but there's not a new snack or piece of merch that gets introduced, price change, parking lot brawl or an attraction shutdown they don't report on. If you want to know what's going, they cover it. It may be Disney news overload, but at least it's comprehensive and timely.
Mammoth Club's quality could be better like their refussal of using microphones but Molly is everything you want from a YouTuber. If the thread about her is true she might not be the nicest or most approachable but she knows how to turn it on for there videos at least.

You nailed WDWNT. Tom may personally pick fights and make some questionalbe decisions with rumors they post but when that stuff isnt involved they are the best fan site. If he stuck to only news on his Youtube and cut down on all the other videos it would be even more perfect.

Reactions: 3
Let me first say that Pete is probably a miserable human being.
That said, are you saying that he has discriminatory hiring practices? In order for a discrimination claim to be successful, a person of color would have to be passed over to hire a white person who was less qualified for the job. (However, that bar of qualifications is quite low when they hired Erica.) Maybe someone has some info that, in fact, this occurred.
This is false. Just the fad of people wanting to throw out the words racism and bigotry onto people. Pete's just a dick. There's no racism behind it. Besides, he apparently loves that brown sausage!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This is false. Just the fad of people wanting to throw out the words racism and bigotry onto people. Pete's just a dick. There's no racism behind it. Besides, he apparently loves that brown sausage!
Agreed. It seems like it is used whenever there is a difference of opinion. People seem to toss it around like a drunk throws around dollar bills at a strip club. I'll probably be called a racist for expressing this opinion.

Reactions: 3
This was touched on a few pages ago, but the answer to the valuation of MTO was Petes logic vs mine. Pete is a very literal person, he is not into hypothetical things in any way. Moving To Orlando has put about 100 million dollars worth of homes under contract and most have closed but some are still being built. Our take home money that Pete and I split in 2020 was roughly 500k and then 2021 was roughly 1M. MTO didn't get it's first sale until June of 2020 so he counts that as half a year, so if we had been going the first half, then we would've made 1M then too. So the company makes a million dollars per year, so the value is $1M and he wants $1M. Of course this means my half is seen as $0, which is what he generally believed.

While I did explain to him that our success was a huge part because of Pete the Great and Powerful's influence into all realms of society, I also explained that the economy and housing was in a very weird transition that will likely not happen again soon and that every single person in real estate was saying how unusual everything was and that we can't base our business on this vacuum that 2020/2021 was. He didn't believe me of course and stuck to his guns.

Ultimately, Petes mindset is always about traffic and views because that feeds his ego but it also is the way hes always done business. My way is the opposite and that customers are more important than clicks. In most of 2021, Pete wanted me to no longer appear on Moving To Orlando shows, but I struck a deal where he and I would alternate as hosts so we just didn't have to be on each others shows. His first show was about Disney Annual Passes, it got 48K views and was one of the highest viewed videos we ever had and it brought in 5 leads and 1 of them bought a home. The home was $420,000 at 2% commission so Petes split was $4200. My (not first but just one I did) episode was a home tour of a 1.4 million dollar home in Margaritaville and it did about 7k views and Pete deemed it a huge failure and I got yelled at because ONE person in the comments said the house was too expensive and that I shouldn't show expensive homes like that. Someone called me and bought that house with me as their realtor from those 7k people. That was a 3% commission so Pete took home $21,000 from that videos existence. Plus we got other people who reached out about Margaritaville and I sold 3 of those people townhomes around 400,000 each as new builds and those were 7% commission to the realtor, so that was an additional $42,000 for him (which he won't even get now because he sold his half of the company and didn't retroactive things under contract, so Ruben gets the 42k part now). His video made him $4200, mine made him $63,000, but mine didn't get as many views so it was a bad decision.

The travel agency makes a lot of money based on volume, but it also has to pay for everything. Everyone's salary comes out of that, plus the commission for the agents themselves. Moving To Orlando had very little overhead cost and it was a mistake that he didn't put more effort into that product because it actually reached a new audience that didn't know the DIS and it made so much money for so little direct costs. Im making my videos right now and they get a few hundred views each, which is way lower than I got with MTO, but people are still reaching out to buy houses because you only need 1 person to buy from a video for it to be worth it, so it doesn't matter as much about the views with that product compared to The DIS and Dreams because you need a ton of eyes on it to make the ad space money and to funnel people to Dreams. I think he just couldn't get past the views numbers being lower than what he wanted and he saw that as failure.

Also Pete isn't a racist, he just sucks. Nobody ever 'applied' that was of color because there were never any jobs that were advertised in any normal capacity. Everyone (except Deni) was hired in the whole time I was there based on a chance meeting a good vibes from Pete. Deni was hired in a normal way because Corey was supposed to be taking over and wanted to start having a real hiring process and that was the first time of getting to do that and he was totally over that. Pete only gave final approval, but I do not believe anyone of color even interviewed for that position.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is true, Erica has been writing for a few years now and was probably brought on when Deni’s spot opened up just among people at the company who might have been interested in a on air role. Doesn’t mean she’s good at it but right, that’s probably how it happened.

This is true, Erica has been writing for a few years now and was probably brought on when Deni’s spot opened up just among people at the company who might have been interested in a on air role. Doesn’t mean she’s good at it but right, that’s probably how it happened.
She and Deni were on the show together for awhile though

I believe she contributed to social for a year or so then was offered a staff job from that. Nobody’s replacement.

Yeah I moved to mammoth club too seems to be enjoyable without feeling icky.

I enjoy his content but I wish his videos weren't' 90% "animatronics gone wrong" lol
I think that’s just easy content for big views but yeah it does get old. I like when he does other parks too but I’m sure it’s not as popular as the Disney vids.

This was touched on a few pages ago, but the answer to the valuation of MTO was Petes logic vs mine. Pete is a very literal person, he is not into hypothetical things in any way. Moving To Orlando has put about 100 million dollars worth of homes under contract and most have closed but some are still being built. Our take home money that Pete and I split in 2020 was roughly 500k and then 2021 was roughly 1M. MTO didn't get it's first sale until June of 2020 so he counts that as half a year, so if we had been going the first half, then we would've made 1M then too. So the company makes a million dollars per year, so the value is $1M and he wants $1M. Of course this means my half is seen as $0, which is what he generally believed.

While I did explain to him that our success was a huge part because of Pete the Great and Powerful's influence into all realms of society, I also explained that the economy and housing was in a very weird transition that will likely not happen again soon and that every single person in real estate was saying how unusual everything was and that we can't base our business on this vacuum that 2020/2021 was. He didn't believe me of course and stuck to his guns.

Ultimately, Petes mindset is always about traffic and views because that feeds his ego but it also is the way hes always done business. My way is the opposite and that customers are more important than clicks. In most of 2021, Pete wanted me to no longer appear on Moving To Orlando shows, but I struck a deal where he and I would alternate as hosts so we just didn't have to be on each others shows. His first show was about Disney Annual Passes, it got 48K views and was one of the highest viewed videos we ever had and it brought in 5 leads and 1 of them bought a home. The home was $420,000 at 2% commission so Petes split was $4200. My (not first but just one I did) episode was a home tour of a 1.4 million dollar home in Margaritaville and it did about 7k views and Pete deemed it a huge failure and I got yelled at because ONE person in the comments said the house was too expensive and that I shouldn't show expensive homes like that. Someone called me and bought that house with me as their realtor from those 7k people. That was a 3% commission so Pete took home $21,000 from that videos existence. Plus we got other people who reached out about Margaritaville and I sold 3 of those people townhomes around 400,000 each as new builds and those were 7% commission to the realtor, so that was an additional $42,000 for him (which he won't even get now because he sold his half of the company and didn't retroactive things under contract, so Ruben gets the 42k part now). His video made him $4200, mine made him $63,000, but mine didn't get as many views so it was a bad decision.

The travel agency makes a lot of money based on volume, but it also has to pay for everything. Everyone's salary comes out of that, plus the commission for the agents themselves. Moving To Orlando had very little overhead cost and it was a mistake that he didn't put more effort into that product because it actually reached a new audience that didn't know the DIS and it made so much money for so little direct costs. Im making my videos right now and they get a few hundred views each, which is way lower than I got with MTO, but people are still reaching out to buy houses because you only need 1 person to buy from a video for it to be worth it, so it doesn't matter as much about the views with that product compared to The DIS and Dreams because you need a ton of eyes on it to make the ad space money and to funnel people to Dreams. I think he just couldn't get past the views numbers being lower than what he wanted and he saw that as failure.

Also Pete isn't a racist, he just sucks. Nobody ever 'applied' that was of color because there were never any jobs that were advertised in any normal capacity. Everyone (except Deni) was hired in the whole time I was there based on a chance meeting a good vibes from Pete. Deni was hired in a normal way because Corey was supposed to be taking over and wanted to start having a real hiring process and that was the first time of getting to do that and he was totally over that. Pete only gave final approval, but I do not believe anyone of color even interviewed for that position.
Is there any reason you were a man of the night? You honestly seem very talented in selling homes and/or some kind of customer service protected position to do that. It’s your business surely but it always makes me wonder.

WTH is going on with their various boards/forums right now? The formatting is all messed up, reply function not working etc... and it's been like that for more than 24 hours already. Lots of posts in the tech support forum, no pinned post to address it 🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.