The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember that brief "retirement/transition". It was for a few months, and I recall when he came back he said basically that he didn't realize how much he would miss doing the shows and that it had recharged him. Maybe Rufio knows what was really going on at the time, if not all I have is what Pete said at the time.

Its strange how things butterfly. When whatever happened with John and Kevin's dining reviews happened it sort of set off a chain of events. People would post on the Boards about wanting the Kevin and John reviews and Kevin would reply and basically say talk to Pete, that it was not their decision to stop doing the reviews. From then Kevin slowly lost interest in the shows, and he would start complaining about how he would have to stop what he was doing to drive an hour to Pete's house on Tuesdays for the show etc.etc. Uninterested Kevin is whatever, but John not coming to do the shows clearly hurt the channel, because it just leaves Pete to his own whims, which includes not doing the shows.
I agree, John adds a nice balance with Pete on the show. I actually like Kevin on the show, I know he can be off-putting at times, but he can crack me up with his humor. That dynamic of push back and conversation is lacking with the new group, it is what made the show so special.

Reactions: 7
DVC channel - no pete for 3 weeks, last video 6 days ago
Disney Cruise channel - nothing posted for 3 weeks
DIS unplugged - nothing posted for 5 days, last dining review 2 weeks ago and only one brief appearance by pete in like 4 weeks.

Sad to see how this very popular disney channel has degenerated.
And if Panda, Rhyno and Erika are full time, what the hell? (Obvi, craig out on paternity leave)
I think that when they rolled out the multiple channel model (maybe back in 2019 or so?) it was a massive mistake. They had always had the TheDis channel and the Dis Unplugged Channel, and I get why they did it. The common logic on YT is to niche down your content, because it hurts you in the algorithm if a subscriber only watches dining reviews and always skips DVC or Cruise Line stuff. That being said, they had no real means to capture the audience and force them to transition over to the new channels. At least when they had it all under one umbrella they were consistently pushing out content (which also helps you in the YT algorithm).

I agree that the quantity of content has decreased dramatically. They've essentially wiped out some of their biggest shows outside of the main one such as Best and Worst (which I know for me is how I ended up on their channel to start with), and we've talked ad nauseum here about Off the Rails, which is probably the best content they've put out in the past 2 years but literally goes off the rails every time someone is away.

It just seems like they understood previously how to work the Youtube system to push out content and keep it fresh, and lately it has shifted to this sort of zombie mode of here's the weekly show with whoever rolled out of bed this morning.

Pete definitely has the star power hosting the show with his rants, as a regular listener, he's just been spitting out the same takes every week lately. I'm sad because I think if about half of them split off and started their own channel they could have some really great content, but I also don't think that a Disney YT channel could pay the bills since it's all just trying to funnel business to the travel agency.

Reactions: 10
I agree, John adds a nice balance with Pete on the show. I actually like Kevin on the show, I know he can be off-putting at times, but he can crack me up with his humor. That dynamic of push back and conversation is lacking with the new group, it is what made the show so special.
When Kevin is engaged and cares about the topic I think he is a good addition. There are shows you can tell he is just there because he rode in with John and really doesn't care about the topic. I get it but I'm not sure why he doesn't stay at home those days or just in some other part of the house. I supposed their complete lack of show prep might make it hard to tell if he will be interested but that is exhibit Z for why show prep is needed.

Reactions: 5
There's definitely something going on behind the scenes, more than just Craig being on paternity leave. Ryno used to do a news segment from home, that's gone. No real in park videos anymore. Everyone is phoning it in, pete is missing a lot. No John and Kevin for weeks. Maybe it's just end of the year fatigue, maybe not. It's sad to see something I really enjoyed just turn into something so lackluster.

Reactions: 20
Have they stopped the Universal show completely? I know kylie had her baby but they didn't think to pre-record any? Or Ryno can't do a few alone? Craig has done some solo. What exactly does Ryno do to earn his pay?
I’m pretty sure it’s still there but with Craig having a newborn they will probably be few and far between for a couple months. That’s Craig’s show and I think he does pretty much everything as far as that show goes. It would be nice if they reimagined it a little when it comes back too as it seems like the majority of the shows recently were just them eating some of the seasonal food and reviewing it. It would be nice if they would focus a little more on the resorts and City Walk as well instead of just whatever seasonal event is happening in the parks. Maybe a new Universal 101 would help them get back into the groove.

Reactions: 1
There's definitely something going on behind the scenes, more than just Craig being on paternity leave. Ryno used to do a news segment from home, that's gone. No real in park videos anymore. Everyone is phoning it in, pete is missing a lot. No John and Kevin for weeks. Maybe it's just end of the year fatigue, maybe not. It's sad to see something I really enjoyed just turn into something so lackluster.
I think the same. Everyone also acts very nervous on the show now and less and less people show up. Something is definitely up.

Reactions: 4
From the patreon show, the wedding is in September so they can do Honolulu to Sydney cruise as their honeymoon. He wants the wedding at Portifino Bay. Gio says plan whatever you like. 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩
The other interesting thing was that Pete said he and Walter were supposed to get married there originally, but Pete had to spend the money on his dog. I just think if you planned a wedding there with another spouse, I would think you would want a new location. It sounds like he wants a wedding just to have it there.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Regarding the content. I wonder if it isn't 1. A control freak who doesn't want to do the shows any more but can't stomach the thought of relinquishing the reigns and 2. A content producer who is burned out who is having a hard time because he is expected to do too many things.

Take Off the Rails. It was arguably their best show but without Deni or Jackie it has died. It has to be 4 people or otherwise it's Ryno and Craig which would be a little redundant to the UO show. I'm sure Craig is tired of hearing about it.

They need another project manager type like Deni.

Hopefully 2023 will revitalize for them.

Reactions: 9
[QUOTE We got to the dinner and Walters husband was the couples therapist that he and Pete were seeing together, years prior.
[/QUOTE]

LITERAL spit-take. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
They need another project manager type like Deni.
I 100% agree with this, it really feels like things really started going poorly once she left.

She has her own channel now, but I have to say I don't think she's good as a solo blogger, she's better when she's running opposite a more realistic/negative person like Craig.

Pete told me about this bid idea that he wanted to do called...wait for it...DIS-TV. He wanted to run a television site where they were producing content on consistent times 8-5 every day...and now look where the channel has ended up. Just a complete dumpster fire. When Dustin and JenniLynn were on the show was when the show was at its highest point for me. When they did the first two 7-in-7 series (and the 7-in-7 Disneyland) was peak dis-unplugged. There used to be an excitement in the studio that you felt from watching the shows. It's so sad and pathetic now.

And Erika can take her DAS pass and her "hot-takes" about racist splash mountain people and go to hell...she's the worst 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Pete told me about this bid idea that he wanted to do called...wait for it...DIS-TV. He wanted to run a television site where they were producing content on consistent times 8-5 every day...and now look where the channel has ended up. Just a complete dumpster fire. When Dustin and JenniLynn were on the show was when the show was at its highest point for me. When they did the first two 7-in-7 series (and the 7-in-7 Disneyland) was peak dis-unplugged. There used to be an excitement in the studio that you felt from watching the shows. It's so sad and pathetic now.

And Erika can take her DAS pass and her "hot-takes" about racist splash mountain people and go to hell...she's the worst 😂
She’s not far behind Rino and his fake ass social justice warrior nonsense bullshit. I’ll be honest I’ll be shocked if Pete pays him a full salary for the nothingness that he provides or produces.

Channel is dead I think Craig should take this leave and really think what he’s going to do moving forward and his kids future he is too talented to circle this drain.

I agree when Dustin and JenniLynn were on it was a can't miss show for me. I used to watch live every Tuesday now I haven't even watched (live or otherwise) in over a year

Yes. I used to build the Tuesday 1pm
Show into my work schedule. Not anymore.

I remember earlier this year Pete mentioned doing a 7-in-7 for Universal. I was VERY excited for it... and then it just never happened

Reactions: 1
Comments on YouTube are not kind to Erica
They are hilarious and true. They need to be done with her. I understand wanting to add a younger perspective but with her lack of Disney knowledge and constant ass kissing of Pete, she adds nothing.

They are hilarious and true. They need to be done with her. I understand wanting to add a younger perspective but with her lack of Disney knowledge and constant ass kissing of Pete, she adds nothing.
She doesn't care about Splash Mountain shutting down because she probably has never been on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anybody actually feel sorry for Pete sure he’s a miserable old, lonely witch but at the same time he is literally lonely. He could throw all the money and he wants at this fake ass boyfriend, but no one will ever truly love him. No one will ever truly want to be with someone like that.

I thought about it did it to myself how lonely an empty life be that you have to pay prostitutes and people to keep you company it’s sad it’s lonely and I feel bad…

Reactions: 3
Does anybody actually feel sorry for Pete sure he’s a miserable old, lonely witch but at the same time he is literally lonely. He could throw all the money and he wants at this fake ass boyfriend, but no one will ever truly love him. No one will ever truly want to be with someone like that.

I thought about it did it to myself how lonely an empty life be that you have to pay prostitutes and people to keep you company it’s sad it’s lonely and I feel bad…
I do. I always feel sorry for people who probably know they have a problem and yet don’t help themselves or refuse to. It’s just really sad to see. Again because like I’ve said before too, I don’t think he’s all bad inside either

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.