The DisUnplugged #3 Cruising on Fumes by nightmaresunlimitedtravel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree, seems very strange.

But he did mention Gio a couple of weeks ago on the solo show so if he found someone new, boy does he move fast😂

At least now we know what he wanted to discuss on the show Tuesday. Like that is relevant at all
Especially since he made it sound like he was going to propose on thursday/Thanksgiving. Why would you hint at something like that in front of hundreds of people who have nothing to do with your personal life and even risk ruining the surprise for the person you want to propose to. So strange.

Or maybe it‘s just a troll move to make us lose our minds over this 😅.

Edit: It is him… („verlobt“ = engaged)
72BE9F11-D5B9-4818-850B-8A2D841AF5C3.jpeg

Reactions: 2
Sorry to be behind, I am wondering if that account is the right name but wrong guy? Or maybe it's someone completely new he is engaged to? In the FB comments, Mary Jo congratulated him and Gio and I doubt she would be mistaken. Still, I want to be careful it's the right person before jumping to conclusions.

But that guy has an Instagram post from 3/26 that's...pretty wild. I think it's a fake post like a joke, but that's a crazy thing to joke about. I am being vague since I haven't been able to confirm it's the right guy for myself. It would definitely affect my ability to support Pete and the Dis.

The information from this thread and the last one is a lot to take in. Of course you have to assume not all of it's true and/or it is one sided, but yeah it's a lot to digest. I didn't think I was a prude, but man, maybe I am.

Even just what I have inferred about the way Pete treats his employees, just the optics of it have bothered me for some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Even just what I have inferred about the way Pete treats his employees, just the optics of it have bothered me for some time.
Welcome to the club.
You can only question such a turnover rate in a gig you'd assume is pretty sweet, right?

Reactions: 1
Yeah until Pete and Dustin started dating.
So Pete goes through the trouble and expense to get married and then cheats on Walter with Dustin? I always wondered what happened. Any info (I will shoot myself in the face before I ever refer to it as "tea") about that situation? I've always wondered about the details since Walter was a part of the show for a while.

So Pete goes through the trouble and expense to get married and then cheats on Walter with Dustin? I always wondered what happened. Any info (I will shoot myself in the face before I ever refer to it as "tea") about that situation? I've always wondered about the details since Walter was a part of the show for a while.
Walter is Teresa’s brother in law. Walter and Teresa’s husband Kelvin are brothers. Pete had Walter working on the Dis while they were together. Walter didn’t love doing it. He worked in prisons and I believe liked his work, but Pete encouraged him to leave bc of the danger. No idea how long they were actually married, but it was within a short period of time after John and Kevin got married.
Pete teased some big announcement on patreon and came really close to saying it. Why would you almost give away that you’re going to propose? It’s just so weird all around.

No idea how long they were actually married, but it was within a short period of time after John and Kevin got married.
That's interesting and even more illuminating about what is transpiring now. Maybe he wasn't jealous to the point of like wanting John back, but didn't like being "left behind" while others were getting married, happy and having families. Maybe he tried to force a timeline or move the relationship forward with Walter when it wasn't right.

I hope for Pete's sake, the same scenario hasn't played out here, that all those around him are moving forward (like Sean getting married) and he also wants to have something going on. It could be a coincidence, but again, something just feels off about this whole thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
That's interesting and even more illuminating about what is transpiring now. Maybe he wasn't jealous to the point of like wanting John back, but didn't like being "left behind" while others were getting married, happy and having families. Maybe he tried to force a timeline or move the relationship forward with Walter when it wasn't right.

I hope for Pete's sake, the same scenario hasn't played out here, that all those around him are moving forward (like Sean getting married) and he also wants to have something going on. It could be a coincidence, but again, something just feels off about this whole thing.
Maybe he found out Michael Kay is engaged and decided he needed to get out of the unmarried club.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Sorry to be behind, I am wondering if that account is the right name but wrong guy? Or maybe it's someone completely new he is engaged to? In the FB comments, Mary Jo congratulated him and Gio and I doubt she would be mistaken. Still, I want to be careful it's the right person before jumping to conclusions.

But that guy has an Instagram post from 3/26 that's...pretty wild. I think it's a fake post like a joke, but that's a crazy thing to joke about. I am being vague since I haven't been able to confirm it's the right guy for myself. It would definitely affect my ability to support Pete and the Dis.
You‘re right about not jumping to conclusions of course, but this guy is followed by Pete on Instagram and looks very similar to the person we saw on recent DCL videos with him. I know what you mean about his older posts, some are actually quite disturbing.

You‘re right about not jumping to conclusions of course, but this guy is followed by Pete on Instagram and looks very similar to the person we saw on recent DCL videos with him. I know what you mean about his older posts, some are actually quite disturbing.
Yeah, thanks for the whole post, again, I want to be cautious and wait for confirmation but I have things to say when we do.

Maybe he found out Michael Kay is engaged and decided he needed to get out of the unmarried club.
Are video links allowed on this site? I want to post the clip from Friends, the classic line “That’s a lot of information to get in 30 second.” It’s ironic because I think it was a Thanksgiving episode.

Honestly…this is all just wow..just wow.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, thanks for the whole post, again, I want to be cautious and wait for confirmation but I have things to say when we do.
Mary Jo Willey from the Disneyland side and is always in the chat Congratulated Pete and Gio on Pete's FB.

I think this is exactly of not wanting to be left behind and I get that would be lonely when everyone around him is married and have their own things going on. Sean said that Pete doesn't like to be alone and expects people to drop everything to hangout. I think it seems too soon and kind of messy, this guy has been around since 2018 and all of a sudden Pete amazingly discovers this is the love of his life and vice/versa. For Pete's sake, I hope this is true, but the skeptic in me is giving a little side eye!

Reactions: 4
Didn’t Pete allegedly propose to Sean a bunch of times too? Sean what do you think about all this?

Two things I remember about the Walter era:

1. Walter seemed about as close to a stable person that has been with Pete. He had has own career (He worked in a prison, but I believe he was a social worker.) and his own place and even though Pete roped him in later, he really wanted nothing to do with the Dis.

2. I recall the marriage was very very short lived and at some point Pete discussed that they had never lived together and when they tried to, it didnt work. I even think at some point it was being spun that they were not breaking up, just realizing that they couldn't physically live together. Also IIRC, at some point Pete had a wedding registry that was public, which became awkward when the marriage ended so quickly.

1. Walter seemed about as close to a stable person that has been with Pete. He had has own career (He worked in a prison, but I believe he was a social worker.) and his own place and even though Pete roped him in later, he really wanted nothing to do with the Dis.
I remember Pete was talking on one of the shows about working in the Disney field, they may have been taking questions from the chat. He said you need a partner that is into it as well, and he mentioned that this is why his relationship didn't work out, eluded to Walter.

First, I really hope this works out for all parties involved better than I imagine it will. If Pete can pull it together and be decent to a living human enough to have a happy life, more power to him, though I highly doubt that is possible.

When I publicly announced my engagement, I told some of my friends that Pete would be engaged by the end of the year because there's no possible way, he will sit around and see me get married without him being in the realm of marriage too. I know that sounds crazy and narcissistic on my part, but it's really just what people here said. Pete has gotten money, some level of fame and a following, luxury world class travel, and a dream career. He's even been able to stay sober and overcome addiction but he can't seem to lock down love and friendships and it's the biggest thing that he wants out of life. He thinks he wants a 'partner' in life, someone to challenge him, someone to intrigue him and ultimately a companion to work hand in hand with him in life and business. What he really wants is someone to praise him. I don't mean that in a bad way per say, he is a big gift giver and he is someone that spoils the person he is with financially but he is a good listener if you are having a problem. If you really want to do something, he will be a big supporter, but in the drop of a hat, he will become the exact opposite.

For me, I have a lot of friends and I like to go out and be active. Pete is a stay at home kind of person and he isn't really 'into' anything. Once you are done talking about his business and his ideas for where the company can go, theres nothing else. He likes a few tv shows but not enough to talk in depth about them much, he doesn't go to the movies, he doesn't listen to music in the car so he's not really into music much, he's very into politics but if you don't agree with each of his views, he becomes volatile to say the least, so thats not something you can talk about either, even Disney isn't really an activity he can discuss because its work and going there is very limiting as well because he only goes with a specific purpose to eat at a place and leave because he doesn't 'do' things at the parks, so there aren't really any hobbies that he has so there is this 'newness' when you meet him and he's accomplished a lot of things but once you hear about that a few times, theres just nothing left. He can't seem to understand that you can't make quality relationships with people when you only want to talk about yourself. So when you date him (or even as his friend) you need to give him just as much as hes giving you or else you are a monster. Technically more because a lot of the time when I would speak, I could just see his whole face just glaze over because hes waiting for me to shut up so he can start talking again. And his phone is always on him, so the second he stops talking and it's your turn to speak, he just opens his phone up and will start looking at video analytics and such and then start yelling 'damnit' over and over until you stop talking and ask what's wrong and then he will complain about something with the show and then start text means things to Craig and you are just siting there the whole time waiting. I would tell him how rude it is, but that would just get him yelling at me, so I eventually just learned to keep my answers very short so I wouldn't get frustrated.

For example, I love Escape Rooms and I go to different escape rooms with my friends often. Pete has never done an escape room but refuses to try because he doesn't like games (mostly he doesn't like being a position to look foolish if he loses, so he doesn't play) - when I would have friends in town and they wanted to do an escape room, I knew not to invite him because he doesn't like them. Then he got upset that I didn't invite him and Im like 'but you already said you will never go to one, so why would I continue asking?' and he said 'im your partner and you're being rude to not try and include me by not inviting me' - so I started inviting him. When I did invite him, he got angry that we were doing an escape room because If I really cared, I would pick a different thing that HE could also join that he would like. So if you don't invite him, you're terrible, if you do invite him, you're terrible for doing something he wouldn't like. So, then I asked what he would like to do and he said Im his partner and should figure it out. So I planned a game night at his house and we had a good time, but then a few days later I went back to an escape room with my friends and Pete was mad all over again. 'You did what I wanted once, but now you're out doing things again that I can't participate in' - but it was that way constantly. I just couldn't win with him. He does give a lot of money and energy into relationships because he doesn't really have a lot going on but the minute you get other priorities, he just gets so hurt and you have to walk on eggshells and hide everything.

I never posted on social media when I was with him because I knew he would get mad if he saw me out doing anything. It finally got so bad that sometimes I would just leave my phone on the charger or something and he would text me but I was playing a video game or watching a movie and he would get mad, so I had to block him on the Nintendo Switch because it alerts your friends when you are playing a game and he might get upset if I was doing that instead of texting or calling him. So he will be sitting alone at home and have nothing to do and text me something like 'we need to figure out show topics sometime soon for dvc so we can film next week' and this will be like 11pm, if I didn't text back within 15-20 minutes, Id get a follow up 'well I see you're online on Nintendo and ignoring me so maybe ill just do that to you' and then im blocked for 3 days but the whole time my phone was on the charger and I just didn't even know he had texted. In his mind, he now has nothing to do and he is using his time to reach out and you are doing something else and that's unacceptable because he pays for dinner and supports you when you need it etc etc and you are a terrible person, terrible partner and then it grows into 'you're taking advantage of me', 'you're using me' and then it grows even more into cussing and name calling and then you get fired and cut off from any shared things. (Like he has a lot of available company lines with Dreams and he gets people to put their number there because it's like $10 a month instead of $100 by having your own but what you don't know is that he controls the line. You literally can't even call AT&T to do anything because they will only talk to the business owner and if you are bad, no more phone for you) - so he does all this via email (cause he blocks your phone) and you are just apologizing over and over again and he only gets more angry and explosive and then he picks apart any response that you email back and starts a new fight about 'the way' you typed your apology and 'if you were really sorry, you'd have never done it in the first place' (first place being, not responding to a text within 15 minutes). Over time, you just don't bother to apologize anymore because anything you say, will actually make it worse, then hes mad about that, but at least you didn't have to grovel. I tried to just be as amicable as I could be but it's a slow thing. At first it was just shocking and I thought I was the problem. Then I realized he had unrealistic expectations and I just couldn't reach those and I think thats true for everyone in his life. (although I did finally reach my limit when he wanted to make a policy that all MTO realtors had to carry firearms to all showings, just in case we needed to shoot our customers)

So I said all that to say, Pete cannot handle a partner. Pete does not want a partner. He wants someone with no life, no hobbies, and no backbone, to follow him around and truly devote all their time to him and put him on a pedestal. Even if he got that, I still think he would get bored and attack them because I actually tried that for a few months and I would still get screamed at because he could tell the energy was off and would get mad at me. Hell, he had a negative dream about me once and threatened to fire me over it because it was a sign.

Thoughts and Prayers for both parties. I'm just glad it's not me.

As for Walter,

Pete and Walter were together about 11 years. Pete could not buy a house at that time and Walter bought the house Pete lives in now and they moved in it together. Very soon after (6 months-1 year if I remember correctly) Pete kicked Walter out and Walter moved back to the house he already had (or possibly bought another house then) but they stayed together for many years after that - just not living together. Eventually as the business grew, Pete started doing a lot with AbD and Cruise Line so he had to travel a lot. Walter had his own career, I don't know anything about the prison guard job but I thought he did something in landscaping, regardless Pete eventually asked him to quit his job to have fully available time to travel with Pete, so he did. Pete paid both mortgages and gave Walter an allowance of some kind for personal expenses and that's what the relationship grew into. I believe the wedding was more of a 'last ditch effort' to make the relationship work. Like when a couple has a child to fix their relationship. Pete always said that Walter was just aloof and inattentive to Petes needs (outside of quitting his entire career and taking an allowance to be around for Pete). After the wedding, Pete wanted him and Walter to go to couples therapy. Walter refused many times, but Pete finally gave an ultimatum that he would leave him if he didn't, so Walter agreed. They went to couples therapy and things didn't work out. Pete and Walter split up and Pete was actually nice good about it and paid Walter $3500 per month as a sort of alimony for about a decade after since Walter had quit his job and stuff for Pete. So, I actually thought that was quite noble of him (theres a little more too it Than that, but Ill just give the man a win here)

The reason for the ultimatum was because Pete had already fallen in love with Dustin and he did want to try and salvage his thing with Walter but he didn't cheat or anything, I guess it would be an emotional affair.

Then I came along, and Pete and Walter hadn't really spoken much in the years between, just off and on and Pete sending him his check monthly. Walter contacted Pete after Pete and I got together and invited us out to dinner and explained that he had gotten married and wanted to introduce Pete to his husband. We got to the dinner and Walters husband was the couples therapist that he and Pete were seeing together, years prior.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
First, I really hope this works out for all parties involved better than I imagine it will. If Pete can pull it together and be decent to a living human enough to have a happy life, more power to him, though I highly doubt that is possible.

When I publicly announced my engagement, I told some of my friends that Pete would be engaged by the end of the year because there's no possible way, he will sit around and see me get married without him being in the realm of marriage too. I know that sounds crazy and narcissistic on my part, but it's really just what people here said. Pete has gotten money, some level of fame and a following, luxury world class travel, and a dream career. He's even been able to stay sober and overcome addiction but he can't seem to lock down love and friendships and it's the biggest thing that he wants out of life. He thinks he wants a 'partner' in life, someone to challenge him, someone to intrigue him and ultimately a companion to work hand in hand with him in life and business. What he really wants is someone to praise him. I don't mean that in a bad way per say, he is a big gift giver and he is someone that spoils the person he is with financially but he is a good listener if you are having a problem. If you really want to do something, he will be a big supporter, but in the drop of a hat, he will become the exact opposite.

For me, I have a lot of friends and I like to go out and be active. Pete is a stay at home kind of person and he isn't really 'into' anything. Once you are done talking about his business and his ideas for where the company can go, theres nothing else. He likes a few tv shows but not enough to talk in depth about them much, he doesn't go to the movies, he doesn't listen to music in the car so he's not really into music much, he's very into politics but if you don't agree with each of his views, he becomes volatile to say the least, so thats not something you can talk about either, even Disney isn't really an activity he can discuss because its work and going there is very limiting as well because he only goes with a specific purpose to eat at a place and leave because he doesn't 'do' things at the parks, so there aren't really any hobbies that he has so there is this 'newness' when you meet him and he's accomplished a lot of things but once you hear about that a few times, theres just nothing left. He can't seem to understand that you can't make quality relationships with people when you only want to talk about yourself. So when you date him (or even as his friend) you need to give him just as much as hes giving you or else you are a monster. Technically more because a lot of the time when I would speak, I could just see his whole face just glaze over because hes waiting for me to shut up so he can start talking again. And his phone is always on him, so the second he stops talking and it's your turn to speak, he just opens his phone up and will start looking at video analytics and such and then start yelling 'damnit' over and over until you stop talking and ask what's wrong and then he will complain about something with the show and then start text means things to Craig and you are just siting there the whole time waiting. I would tell him how rude it is, but that would just get him yelling at me, so I eventually just learned to keep my answers very short so I wouldn't get frustrated.

For example, I love Escape Rooms and I go to different escape rooms with my friends often. Pete has never done an escape room but refuses to try because he doesn't like games (mostly he doesn't like being a position to look foolish if he loses, so he doesn't play) - when I would have friends in town and they wanted to do an escape room, I knew not to invite him because he doesn't like them. Then he got upset that I didn't invite him and Im like 'but you already said you will never go to one, so why would I continue asking?' and he said 'im your partner and you're being rude to not try and include me by not inviting me' - so I started inviting him. When I did invite him, he got angry that we were doing an escape room because If I really cared, I would pick a different thing that HE could also join that he would like. So if you don't invite him, you're terrible, if you do invite him, you're terrible for doing something he wouldn't like. So, then I asked what he would like to do and he said Im his partner and should figure it out. So I planned a game night at his house and we had a good time, but then a few days later I went back to an escape room with my friends and Pete was mad all over again. 'You did what I wanted once, but now you're out doing things again that I can't participate in' - but it was that way constantly. I just couldn't win with him. He does give a lot of money and energy into relationships because he doesn't really have a lot going on but the minute you get other priorities, he just gets so hurt and you have to walk on eggshells and hide everything.

I never posted on social media when I was with him because I knew he would get mad if he saw me out doing anything. It finally got so bad that sometimes I would just leave my phone on the charger or something and he would text me but I was playing a video game or watching a movie and he would get mad, so I had to block him on the Nintendo Switch because it alerts your friends when you are playing a game and he might get upset if I was doing that instead of texting or calling him. So he will be sitting alone at home and have nothing to do and text me something like 'we need to figure out show topics sometime soon for dvc so we can film next week' and this will be like 11pm, if I didn't text back within 15-20 minutes, Id get a follow up 'well I see you're online on Nintendo and ignoring me so maybe ill just do that to you' and then im blocked for 3 days but the whole time my phone was on the charger and I just didn't even know he had texted. In his mind, he now has nothing to do and he is using his time to reach out and you are doing something else and that's unacceptable because he pays for dinner and supports you when you need it etc etc and you are a terrible person, terrible partner and then it grows into 'you're taking advantage of me', 'you're using me' and then it grows even more into cussing and name calling and then you get fired and cut off from any shared things. (Like he has a lot of available company lines with Dreams and he gets people to put their number there because it's like $10 a month instead of $100 by having your own but what you don't know is that he controls the line. You literally can't even call AT&T to do anything because they will only talk to the business owner and if you are bad, no more phone for you) - so he does all this via email (cause he blocks your phone) and you are just apologizing over and over again and he only gets more angry and explosive and then he picks apart any response that you email back and starts a new fight about 'the way' you typed your apology and 'if you were really sorry, you'd have never done it in the first place' (first place being, not responding to a text within 15 minutes). Over time, you just don't bother to apologize anymore because anything you say, will actually make it worse, then hes mad about that, but at least you didn't have to grovel. I tried to just be as amicable as I could be but it's a slow thing. At first it was just shocking and I thought I was the problem. Then I realized he had unrealistic expectations and I just couldn't reach those and I think thats true for everyone in his life. (although I did finally reach my limit when he wanted to make a policy that all MTO realtors had to carry firearms to all showings, just in case we needed to shoot our customers)

So I said all that to say, Pete cannot handle a partner. Pete does not want a partner. He wants someone with no life, no hobbies, and no backbone, to follow him around and truly devote all their time to him and put him on a pedestal. Even if he got that, I still think he would get bored and attack them because I actually tried that for a few months and I would still get screamed at because he could tell the energy was off and would get mad at me. Hell, he had a negative dream about me once and threatened to fire me over it because it was a sign.

Thoughts and Prayers for both parties. I'm just glad it's not me.

As for Walter,

Pete and Walter were together about 11 years. Pete could not buy a house at that time and Walter bought the house Pete lives in now and they moved in it together. Very soon after (6 months-1 year if I remember correctly) Pete kicked Walter out and Walter moved back to the house he already had (or possibly bought another house then) but they stayed together for many years after that - just not living together. Eventually as the business grew, Pete started doing a lot with AbD and Cruise Line so he had to travel a lot. Walter had his own career, I don't know anything about the prison guard job but I thought he did something in landscaping, regardless Pete eventually asked him to quit his job to have fully available time to travel with Pete, so he did. Pete paid both mortgages and gave Walter an allowance of some kind for personal expenses and that's what the relationship grew into. I believe the wedding was more of a 'last ditch effort' to make the relationship work. Like when a couple has a child to fix their relationship. Pete always said that Walter was just aloof and inattentive to Petes needs (outside of quitting his entire career and taking an allowance to be around for Pete). After the wedding, Pete wanted him and Walter to go to couples therapy. Walter refused many times, but Pete finally gave an ultimatum that he would leave him if he didn't, so Walter agreed. They went to couples therapy and things didn't work out. Pete and Walter split up and Pete was actually nice good about it and paid Walter $3500 per month as a sort of alimony for about a decade after since Walter had quit his job and stuff for Pete. So, I actually thought that was quite noble of him (theres a little more too it Than that, but Ill just give the man a win here)

The reason for the ultimatum was because Pete had already fallen in love with Dustin and he did want to try and salvage his thing with Walter but he didn't cheat or anything, I guess it would be an emotional affair.

Then I came along, and Pete and Walter hadn't really spoken much in the years between, just off and on and Pete sending him his check monthly. Walter contacted Pete after Pete and I got together and invited us out to dinner and explained that he had gotten married and wanted to introduce Pete to his husband. We got to the dinner and Walters husband was the couples therapist that he and Pete were seeing together, years prior.
Just with the little we know about him from the podcast, this 100% tracks and is not one bit surprising.

Reactions: 5
I will also add. If I had a to guess, Pete and Gio were broken up and the engagement was a ‘let’s get back together gift’

Everytime Pete proposed to me it was when we were in a very bad place. Like in Italy, I had Ended things before we even got to Italy, we had a terrible cruise because he thought I was literally sleeping with fans of the show because it ‘was the only explanation for how I was taking an interest in these peoples lives’ (couldn’t possibly be that they are our guests and flew over to Italy to cruise with the podcast people) so he had thrown me out of the room and threatened my job and all that. Then he calmed down and proposed.
But it was something to that level each time. So I would guess he and Gio were not together recently and Pete was sulking and then it got close to the holiday and Pete flipped script and proposed and Gio said yes.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Hold up, so John getting married led to Pete getting married and now Sean getting married leads to him getting engaged? Yeah, this is going to end well.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.