The DIS Unplugged Pete Warner. Not so rave thread.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was hearing similar rumours about the guy who was on the moving to Orlando shows - something went on between them apparently.
all episodes that included him, had then been made private
Not true at all. Pete is a POS but Oliver left because Pete refused to let him have the day off when his parents were visiting from the UK and then proceeded to berate him in front of the other staff just before they went live on a Dis Unplugged show. That night Oliver resigned.

Sorry the post above was in response to why Oliver left. Not Drake. As far as Drake, I'm certain Pete tried to buy him and when Drake didn't allow it like the others do Pete cancelles him because that's what Pete does. Pete likes to find young straight boys and take them on trips and buy them things and pretend like they are dating in his head. Drake probably didn't go for it. Good for him!

Also, remember Pete hired Sean to be a Travel Agent for his company, and every single time he was on the Podcast/Show he always said he never tried x,y,z so how could he legitimately advise clients?

Well Craig and Ryno both wax poetic about how they can't afford certain things quite a bit.
Here's the deal with Sean. Sean was someone Pete used to "hire". Then they started dating. Then Sean got back with his old BF and Pete wanted to fire him from the Dis but others stepped in and said that would open them up to a lawsuit and so they gave him a job with Dreams. That's why he was an agent

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Not true at all. Pete is a POS but Oliver left because Pete refused to let him have the day off when his parents were visiting from the UK and then proceeded to berate him in front of the other staff just before they went live on a Dis Unplugged show. That night Oliver resigned.

Sorry the post above was in response to why Oliver left. Not Drake. As far as Drake, I'm certain Pete tried to buy him and when Drake didn't allow it like the others do Pete cancelles him because that's what Pete does. Pete likes to find young straight boys and take them on trips and buy them things and pretend like they are dating in his head. Drake probably didn't go for it. Good for him!

Here's the deal with Sean. Sean was someone Pete used to "hire". Then they started dating. Then Sean got back with his old BF and Pete wanted to fire him from the Dis but others stepped in and said that would open them up to a lawsuit and so they gave him a job with Dreams. That's why he was an agent
Jafar is 100% correct. Honestly, I created an account just for this thread and I’m keeping myself anonymous. So I probably won’t be answering many questions.

Although he likes to keep it a secret, I’ll put it into Craig Williams’ own words: Pete is a tragic human being.

Pete wants so badly to create connections yet he is his own worst enemy because he can’t be kind to anyone. He makes friends by buying things for them to make up for his atrocious personality. For all of you saying that you enjoy Pete’s attitude, know you are defending a legit abuser. He’s not only an abusive boss, he’s also an abusive friend, and lover. And Jafar put it kindly, Sean is a literal prostitute who Pete found on a website and pays to stick around. If the gifts and money stop? So does Sean.

On a regular basis I had discussions with many of the crew members saying they wanted to quit, hated Pete, were tired of pretending they were happy. It’s a sad place to be. Ryno has been saying for years he’s done but he sticks around because he can’t find anything else to do

And it doesn’t stop with Pete, many of the older guard are honestly not good people. Ryno, Craig, John, Kevin. They do this because this is their best option in life. I’ve seen them all talk tit about fans or worse yet, try to use them for connections.

When Steve Porter was still with the company, Pete would tell me he was like a son to him… then moments later he would tell me how badly he wanted to have sexual relations with him. He’s a sick sick man.

i have so many horror stories of how people have been mistreated not just by Pete, but also by the rest of the crew when they realize their paycheck comes from this monster. Unfortunately, that’s what I feel comfortable sharing so I’ll end with this: Supporting The DIS means you’re supporting an abusive work environment.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I've always sensed that about Pete. You could see his real side come out in past shows we he gets annoyed by someone on his team.

However, Kevin annoys me the most. He has this snooty, hoiler than thou attitude. He acts like he's earned the lifestyle he lives. Truth is, he would still be a school teacher if he didn't meet John.

Reactions: 6
Jafar is 100% correct. Honestly, I created an account just for this thread and I’m keeping myself anonymous. So I probably won’t be answering many questions.

Although he likes to keep it a secret, I’ll put it into Craig Williams’ own words: Pete is a tragic human being.

Pete wants so badly to create connections yet he is his own worst enemy because he can’t be kind to anyone. He makes friends by buying things for them to make up for his atrocious personality. For all of you saying that you enjoy Pete’s attitude, know you are defending a legit abuser. He’s not only an abusive boss, he’s also an abusive friend, and lover. And Jafar put it kindly, Sean is a literal prostitute who Pete found on a website and pays to stick around. If the gifts and money stop? So does Sean.

On a regular basis I had discussions with many of the crew members saying they wanted to quit, hated Pete, were tired of pretending they were happy. It’s a sad place to be. Ryno has been saying for years he’s done but he sticks around because he can’t find anything else to do

And it doesn’t stop with Pete, many of the older guard are honestly not good people. Ryno, Craig, John, Kevin. They do this because this is their best option in life. I’ve seen them all talk tit about fans or worse yet, try to use them for connections.

When Steve Porter was still with the company, Pete would tell me he was like a son to him… then moments later he would tell me how badly he wanted to have sexual relations with him. He’s a sick sick man.

i have so many horror stories of how people have been mistreated not just by Pete, but also by the rest of the crew when they realize their paycheck comes from this monster. Unfortunately, that’s what I feel comfortable sharing so I’ll end with this: Supporting The DIS means you’re supporting an abusive work environment.
I'm a (formerly) committed lurker but feel the need to comment and thank you for this. At the same time, I hope you'll understand if I take your post with a grain of salt. I won't ask if you work for the DIS or did in the past, but what's your take on Fiasco and Deni, the two more recent joiners who managed to stick around a while? Based on your post, would it be accurate to say that Deni powers through it all with her love of Disney as fuel, so to speak?

Reactions: 1
Well, after watching some video I now wonder if Panda and Pete are a couple? Panda loves the necklace Pete bought for him and they shared a room at Aulani and were on a cruise together shortly before or after the Hawaii trip. Then Panda is hosting the show that usually has Deni or one of the regulars hosting. I wonder how they feel about a new boss. What an interesting way to mix personal and business relationships. It doesn’t usually go well.
I thought the same thingwhen I first saw them together. They have chemistry. Then I heard Panda is married. Too bad because that would’ve probably been a good match.

I wonder how long we’ll see Panda in the “studio” and hanging around in the Dis group.
He overshadows Pete in confidence, voice, and manner of speaking and despite his attempts to humble himself, blurs the line as to who’s in charge. Pete might not like that once he wipes the pixie dust from his eyes and takes a hard look. I don’t think this Panda association will last long unless there is a romantic relationship involved.

Didn't they always say that Sean was a "co-owner" of the real estate company they started?

Didn't they always say that Sean was a "co-owner" of the real estate company they started?
Actually, another person started the real estate company with Pete. His name was Matt if I’m not mistaken. They got into disagreements. To get back to my previous point, Pete’s personally is irredeemable so he needs to shower his mates and friends with gifts to keep them around. The real estate company is just one of those gifts.
I'm a (formerly) committed lurker but feel the need to comment and thank you for this. At the same time, I hope you'll understand if I take your post with a grain of salt. I won't ask if you work for the DIS or did in the past, but what's your take on Fiasco and Deni, the two more recent joiners who managed to stick around a while? Based on your post, would it be accurate to say that Deni powers through it all with her love of Disney as fuel, so to speak?
That’s why everyone starts at the DIS. Love for Disney/theme parks. They get to go out and have adventures, goto media events, eat free food, have fan admiration. It seems like a lot of fun from the outside but the abuse takes a toll. I don’t watch the show anymore so I have no idea about Deni and Fiasco. Deni replaced Charles and he was one of Pete’s best friends. Even Charles knew being at the DIS was bad for him, so he quit. But Charles originally got hired because Pete was attracted to him.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Craig seems like a bad person who started off nice but slowly descended into vileness. Truly look at his personality does he come off as king, caring, or even fun?

interesting take on Ryno. I told you guys cup cake reviewers weren’t in high demand.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Actually, another person started the real estate company with Pete. His name was Matt if I’m not mistaken. They got into disagreements. To get back to my previous point, Pete’s personally is irredeemable so he needs to shower his mates and friends with gifts to keep them around. The real estate company is just one of those gifts.

That’s why everyone starts at the DIS. Love for Disney/theme parks. They get to go out and have adventures, goto media events, eat free food, have fan admiration. It seems like a lot of fun from the outside but the abuse takes a toll. I don’t watch the show anymore so I have no idea about Deni and Fiasco. Deni replaced Charles and he was one of Pete’s best friends. Even Charles knew being at the DIS was bad for him, so he quit. But Charles originally got hired because Pete was attracted to him.
Very interesting stuff. So Sean has been given an ownership stake in the real estate company, after first being given a job as an agent, to keep him happy and avoid having him possibly file a lawsuit? Would that lawsuit be you can’t fire me if I don’t sleep with you?

additionally It actually sounds like blackmail as I’m guessing Pete wouldn’t want the world to know how and where he met Sean. Seems Pete’s former boy toy has a lot of leverage over Mr. Werner

Reactions: 3
Wow when people start telling stories like this it makes me worried it is going to end in tragedy. Not wishing harm on anyone of course just hope this doesn't wind up on a True Crime show someday.

Reactions: 3
I've always sensed that about Pete. You could see his real side come out in past shows we he gets annoyed by someone on his team.

However, Kevin annoys me the most. He has this snooty, hoiler than thou attitude. He acts like he's earned the lifestyle he lives. Truth is, he would still be a school teacher if he didn't meet John.
Agreed, Pete has always had a dictator attitude and tries to pass it off as "I'm kidding".

That is terrifying... Did Steve know he felt like that???

Reactions: 2
Yeah, no doubt Charles was (maybe still is?) quite attractive, and bisexual to boot. He even lived with Pete for a time. I remember on the Disboards a while back people speculated a bit and Pete got pissy and posted on there insisting they were just friends and he was helping him out.

It's crazy to me that in the few years I've watched the show, only Steve got any kind of proper sendoff from the show. He and his wife decided to move after she got pregnant and they let him say goodbye on air. Others – Oliver, Charles, the couple from California, and apparently Drake recently – all got thrown into a memory hole when they quit.

Wow when people start telling stories like this it makes me worried it is going to end in tragedy. Not wishing harm on anyone of course just hope this doesn't wind up on a True Crime show someday.
Real life isn't usually quite that interesting, which is unfortunate if you're the kind of person who likes a good train wreck (not judging, I'm guilty of that myself sometimes). IMO the show is mainly held together by Craig and, to a lesser extent, Ryno who produce and edit a lot of the Youtube content. I'm guessing Craig has a lot of creative control over the vlogs also. Once one of them leaves (my bet is the other will follow shortly after) it'll all slowly fall apart. The travel agency will be fine, but if the Youtube content suffers then that may bleed into the main agency side.

Charles is a convicted felon who stabbed his former gay lover. It's public record.

Attachments

• Wow
Charles is a convicted felon who stabbed his former gay lover. It's public record.
I had always seen Charles’ mugshot but the scene described in that police report is QUITE dramatic.
All of this intel about Pete is woefully unsurprising, but I am truly shocked he hasn’t gotten the “me too” treatment by now. It’s so glaringly obvious that Drake and that chef guy up and RAN… I still follow drake on insta and I think he’s maybe left florida?

Reactions: 5
But wasn't Sean already an agent when he and Pete started dating?

Any dirt on the DVC resale guy that disappeared? Or the other Pete from the DVC show?

I wonder how long Deni can last there. I’m assuming she’s a religious Christian by some things she’s said.

I feel like Craig might be on the ASD spectrum so I give him him a pass.

Ryno seems miserable and I feel like he’s one foot out the door.

I liked Charles because he was super opinionated.

I always felt bad for Steve. He got picked on a lot and always looked innocently uncomfortable.

I’m not surprised if all of that is true if Pete. Not hard to believe at all.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.