Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

QAZXCVBNM

Not true at all. Pete is a POS but Oliver left because Pete refused to let him have the day off when his parents were visiting from the UK and then proceeded to berate him in front of the other staff just before they went live on a Dis Unplugged show. That night Oliver resigned.

Sorry the post above was in response to why Oliver left. Not Drake. As far as Drake, I'm certain Pete tried to buy him and when Drake didn't allow it like the others do Pete cancelles him because that's what Pete does. Pete likes to find young straight boys and take them on trips and buy them things and pretend like they are dating in his head. Drake probably didn't go for it. Good for him!

Here's the deal with Sean. Sean was someone Pete used to "hire". Then they started dating. Then Sean got back with his old BF and Pete wanted to fire him from the Dis but others stepped in and said that would open them up to a lawsuit and so they gave him a job with Dreams. That's why he was an agent
Jafar is 100% correct. Honestly, I created an account just for this thread and I’m keeping myself anonymous. So I probably won’t be answering many questions.

Although he likes to keep it a secret, I’ll put it into Craig Williams’ own words: Pete is a tragic human being.

Pete wants so badly to create connections yet he is his own worst enemy because he can’t be kind to anyone. He makes friends by buying things for them to make up for his atrocious personality. For all of you saying that you enjoy Pete’s attitude, know you are defending a legit abuser. He’s not only an abusive boss, he’s also an abusive friend, and lover. And Jafar put it kindly, Sean is a literal prostitute who Pete found on a website and pays to stick around. If the gifts and money stop? So does Sean.

On a regular basis I had discussions with many of the crew members saying they wanted to quit, hated Pete, were tired of pretending they were happy. It’s a sad place to be. Ryno has been saying for years he’s done but he sticks around because he can’t find anything else to do

And it doesn’t stop with Pete, many of the older guard are honestly not good people. Ryno, Craig, John, Kevin. They do this because this is their best option in life. I’ve seen them all talk shit about fans or worse yet, try to use them for connections.

When Steve Porter was still with the company, Pete would tell me he was like a son to him… then moments later he would tell me how badly he wanted to have sexual relations with him. He’s a sick sick man.

i have so many horror stories of how people have been mistreated not just by Pete, but also by the rest of the crew when they realize their paycheck comes from this monster. Unfortunately, that’s what I feel comfortable sharing so I’ll end with this: Supporting The DIS means you’re supporting an abusive work environment.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

Karl Berg

I actually felt sorry for Deni in the latest Tues ep...she just gave some perspective from her experience with kids (because god forbid on a Disney show that might be relevant) and Kevin pipes in with a poor me rant about how just because he doesn't have kids he can't comment.
I never understood why they couldn't have someone who has kids be more prevalent on their show. Deni is the perfect person for that but the guys without kids always over talk and dismiss her regarding traveling with kids. Kevin actually said he knows all about traveling with kids because he is a travel agent. Sorry Kevin, until you have gone through airport security with multiple kids under 5 carrying excessive amounts of luggage they require, keep your mouth shut. Driving with kids across town to a park is completely different than packing and flying across country. These guys have no idea what kids and families want to see and/or do in WDW, but since they are the all knowing travel agent they apparently know everything regarding traveling with families.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

mrtoadswildson

Fiasco's departure will only lessen the in park content. I don't see Panda sweating around at that pace all summer.

Craig can shoot nice park footage and can be good with Ryno on reviews, but simply doesn't have the right energy/personality to be watchable for extended park vlogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

agathabeads

I actually felt sorry for Deni in the latest Tues ep...she just gave some perspective from her experience with kids (because god forbid on a Disney show that might be relevant) and Kevin pipes in with a poor me rant about how just because he doesn't have kids he can't comment.

Deni looked visibly upset/annoyed, I felt so sorry for her.

There's a certain type of old Queen (I say this as a gay man, before anyone gets offended) who thinks they can say whatever they want, regardless how mean/catty because they've "earned it". No-one ever earns the right to speak to people like those three do sometimes, and they don't have enough wit between them to make it actually funny.

Murray9000

VIP Member
As flawed as Pete is, at least he puts his money where his mouth is in regards to GKTW and has been for years. Most of the other vloggers either ignore any kind of charitable causes or merely use GKTW as a once a year vlog around Christmas to get views.

And trust me, I'm not a Dis cheerleader.

Jafar

What kind of asses book a sommelier room insisting on non-alcohol pairings? It might be different if there was one person out of a large group but this was ridiculous and insulting to the sommelier.

That guy is Drake Shadwell, a Disney performer and a realtor with Moving to Orlando. He is straight as far as the online chat indicates and is not a boy toy for Pete, even if Pete wishes otherwise.
Pete brings a married couple and straight twink to a $1000 dinner because Pete was pretending in his head, him and Drake were double dating with Corey and his wife. I'd bet my life on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

peteykirch

VIP Member
Honestly, the only people at the Dis I can stand anymore are Pete, Kevin (When he doesn't wax poetic about Disney circa 1971), John, and Denni.

Ryno is a drama queen, and I can't stand his accent on certain words especially when he says room and it sounds like "rum"

Craig acts as if he's the ultimate know it all, which turns me off. He's from Central PA and he acts as if he's a legitimate BBQ Expert whenever they eat BBQ. Kylie is a treasure and a saint for dealing with him.

Sean is beyond useless who is getting ahead by giving head to Pete among other things, dude is completely inept. He said he never at Garden Grill because it was sponsored by Smuckers so he thought all they served were jams and jellies. I don't understand how he was a Disney Travel Agent because during every review or segment he'd say "How he never did that/etc" but yet was responsible for booking and telling people what to do. Also Sean sounds like a Red Neck Valley Girl the way he speaks.

Fiasco though adds absolutely nothing. He tells us he's lactose intolerant and orders dairy laden food and then complains about it. His speaking cadence is unnerving. He can't pronounce simple words, etc. Honestly I think Pete hired him to be Dustin 2.0 but Dustin was at least competent and personable.

Jackie..ohh boy she is the definition of Pollyanna. Disney could take a dump on her head and she will gloat about it and tell us how magical it was and about the Disney Difference.

• Haha

MojoFilter

John and Kevin said they were turned down from Club 33.

I’m sick of all the Disneyland vids. Seriously, they’re old now, no one cares. Why don’t they make some videos on, I don’t know, new things going on at WDW, you know, where they live and have a whole team of people who never seem to do any actual videos in the parks, except for Craig and Ryno, who are carrying the whole channel? But what do I know, I’m not a ~~**successful business man**~~🙄 Seriously what to all of these goddamn employees he has do all freaking day?

They’re not keeping us informed on the parks, Nate is crushing all the other vloggers with timely content at this point, and that shows how awful the field has gotten. I don’t give a f about Pete’s latest cruise or listening to the World of DVC grifters. The Dis purely exists to send business to DU because they really are shitty content creators who make no money on youtube. The 15 different channels is fucking stupid. Craig and Ryno aren’t perfect, but if they started their own channel I would never watch a Pete affiliated video again.

Used to follow them back in 2016 when I was researching for our trip that year. I find Pete so rude. FRE had a great video of him having no fun in Galaxy’s Edge. I honestly don’t get why he likes WDW etc. with the way he seems to hate everything. I also despise how they all talk into an iPhone on camera to record audio in the dining reviews. I unfollowed so long ago but see videos pop up from them every once in a while... always a mess in my opinion.
I agree and he’s constantly ranting and raving which seems strange to me being that his company relies heavily on arranging travel for those who want to go to Disney. I’m not sayimg he has to agree with everything they do, but he could be more professional about it. For instance, I’m not a fan of Bob Chapek amd some of the decisions he’s made, but Pete’s name calling is off putting. As for Galaxy’s Edge, his disdain for it and his treatment of some of the CMs that work in the land and comments about them on the show was just uncalled for.

Someone else posted up thread that Pete seems to get irritated with Deni. I‘ve totally picked up on that! On a couple of occasions, she’s politely low-key checked him on his rudeness. I love that about her! She’s clearly not a doormat but also extremely professional, almost too good for the show and I’d follow her in an instant should she decide to start her own channel.

Lililil

100% if Ryno or Deni go out on their own in the future, I’m going with them. They’re the most professional and the most likeable to me. Deni in particular is fantastic

Yojimbo36

Chatty Member
I have been a general Dis fan for years. Lately I can't stand watching. My take on these tools...

- Pete is getting worse with age and declining health but he used to be a damn legend in my eyes because he has always put his money where his mouth is (insert queen joke here) and called things as they are. Lately his ego, his bitchiness and his hyperfocusing on the cruise line has made me like him less for sure.

- Craig has become increasingly annoying (he needs to just come out of the closet already and profess his love for Ryno) and for a "producer", he certainly has no idea how to keep a show moving or on track. Nobody retains focus on that show anymore unless Pete is around.

- Ryno is a neurotic mess and is in a bitchy mood 95% of the time. When he's in a good mood he is enjoyable, other than that it's nails on a chalkboard.

- Deni is too "nice" and is constantly overpowered by the queens in the studio or by Craig's stumbling attempts at humor.

- Fat Panda is better on his own, but maybe Pete's House of Queens is paying better.

- John and Kevin are fat, rich and out of touch. Kevin's takes on anything are hot garbage. I'm sure John is a nice guy and a good boss but his partner is a fucking toolbag.

- Fiasco is legit sub 90 IQ. I'm convinced Pete hired him for his salon quality hair or he has hopes of turning him to the other side.

- I genuinely like Kathy and Jackie, they remind me of old boomer ladies in my family, lol.

Reactions: 9

mrtoadswildson

For me, Pete is a fascinating personality. He obviously has a need to continually prove himself, feel more important than others, talks himself up constantly, always referring to his employees as 'my guys', 'my business', vs 'ours', making a statement with flashy clothes/jewelry, etc.

I have no idea what potentially happened to bring on feelings of inadequacy earlier in life, followed by drug use, etc. However - like many successful people - his being 'broken' has also served him well, likely providing that extra drive to make something of himself. Whether any of this has brought him lasting happiness is a deeper question.

Unlikely many on this thread, despite his flaws. (or perhaps b/c of them), I find his story inspirational and I think he is a good listen - I appreciate his perspective and sense of humor. He is the only one among the group who could have had a career as a radio host pre-internet.

I get the feeling he'd be great company to go to dinner with, but would be more difficult to be around in larger doses when you get the full package.....anyways, now I'm starting to feel bad about psychoanalyzing the guy out here.

• Heart
I would never watch a Pete affiliated video again.
I’ll be honest, I gave up in the channel and I feel a lot better for it, not having to listen to the pointless tribble they spew now. It was once a great channel but has now completely lost sight of what made it great!

linville822

That's harsh. She's upbeat and positive and will speak her mind if she's found something to complain about, which is rare.

Is it annoying? Sure, it certainly can be when combined with the giggles but her attitude is refreshing compared to Pete and Craig.
She's very upbeat as a human but she's definitely not afraid of speaking her mind. She publicly commented on Carlye Wisel's post the other day saying something like "my extended family doesn't want to visit disney anytime soon because they don't think it's worth it, and I can't think of any good reason to convince them otherwise." I think she's a positive person, but not inauthentic or fake about it.
Also can we not do fat-shaming? Just because someone exists in a large body doesn't mean they're being hypocritical about Covid precautions Thanks.