The DIS Unplugged #7 Congrats Pete on having great Chinese food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn’t a fiasco fan on the show but I feel bad for his health issues and whatever happened to him after.

Reactions: 17
I wasn’t a fiasco fan on the show but I feel bad for his health issues and whatever happened to him after.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Pete take him to the hospital? I think I remember a mention about that in one of the episodes. If true, I'm sure Pete lorded that over him, too.

Reactions: 8
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Pete take him to the hospital? I think I remember a mention about that in one of the episodes. If true, I'm sure Pete lorded that over him, too.
That I don’t remember but from his “statement” it sounds like he wasn’t treated well after or maybe during his issues. I would imagine maybe patience wore thin for him being absent. He was gone not long after he came back from it right?

Reactions: 3
Fiasco took Pete to the hospital for a procedure and he mentioned on the show he waited all day for him.

Reactions: 11
It is rather shocking that the Dis Thread is only at Thread #7. The Tim Tracker Thread is at #140. But I have a feeling things are gonna get busier.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Someone made a good point in the other thread that we attribute I think a grander status to the DIS Unplugged than they maybe deserve. I think back in the day before daily vloggers, the Disney Experience App, and the advent of YouTube they were it pretty revolutionary for the time! However they seem so archaic now…the talent is awful and there doesn’t seem like the outsiders who tell the truth and have honest discussions about Disney no more…

Now it’s like the lick ass to get media passed and previews Pete almost wore it as a badge of honor that he wasnt invited. Craig now loves to tell us HoStEd so the honesty factor seems lacking. Does Craig Ryno or that awful girl Erica ever criticize Disney outside of light takes?

The older episodes that have been referred to me by the algorithm seems like friends just having an honest discussion. It now has transcend to bootlicking.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does Craig Ryno or that awful girl Erica ever criticize Disney outside of light takes?
Pre all this blowing up, there were a lot of complaints about Ryno constantly complaining about the cost of going to the parks, which agree or disagree he has been consistent about talking about how unaffordable it has become. Craig also has his things that he’s not a fan of, I do think he’s fairly good about talking about the pros and cons and is level headed, but his tastes I think are self-admittedly by him different than most fans (again, I think it would be fine if he wasn’t basically on every show as a host now). Erika I don’t know that I’ve heard much beyond the allergy etc stuff that’s been repeated here ad nauseam

Reactions: 9
Pre all this blowing up, there were a lot of complaints about Ryno constantly complaining about the cost of going to the parks, which agree or disagree he has been consistent about talking about how unaffordable it has become. Craig also has his things that he’s not a fan of, I do think he’s fairly good about talking about the pros and cons and is level headed, but his tastes I think are self-admittedly by him different than most fans (again, I think it would be fine if he wasn’t basically on every show as a host now). Erika I don’t know that I’ve heard much beyond the allergy etc stuff that’s been repeated here ad nauseam
Ah yes our favorite Vegan dairy free gluten intolerance plant based corespondent.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Someone made a good point in the other thread that we attribute I think a grander status to the DIS Unplugged than they maybe deserve. I think back in the day before daily vloggers, the Disney Experience App, and the advent of YouTube they were it pretty revolutionary for the time! However they seem so archaic now…the talent is awful and there doesn’t seem like the outsiders who tell the truth and have honest discussions about Disney no more…

Now it’s like the lick ass to get media passed and previews Pete almost wore it as a badge of honor that he wasnt invited. Craig now loves to tell us HoStEd so the honesty factor seems lacking. Does Craig Ryno or that awful girl Erica ever criticize Disney outside of light takes?

The older episodes that have been referred to me by the algorithm seems like friends just having an honest discussion. It now has transcend to bootlicking.
I would never say the old dis was "great," but there was a period of time where it was higher quality than pretty much everything around it. During the initial "vlogger" blow up of the mid-2010s, the Dis Unplugged was generally more objective and interesting as the hosts clearly liked Disney World but weren't going to sugarcoat everything like the vloggers would.

Nowadays it's just a sad shell of its former self run by people who either no longer care or simply don't have the talent (or both). All the Pete stuff aside, it's about a show that had tons of potential turning into a vanity project, and now it's circling the drain as the vain owner distanced himself before being ousted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
can someone remind me how the amex lawsuit came to light? do people on this forum regularly check for any pete werner related public records? 😅

Reactions: 5
can someone remind me how the amex lawsuit came to light? do people on this forum regularly check for any pete werner related public records? 😅
Sean brought up that there was something about Pete on the Orange County Court of Clerks site. Posters here found it immediately.

Reactions: 10
Someone said to take a look at Orange County Court Records, but it was very vague initially, but someone had seen in. I can’t recall who with that the number of posts in the last few days.

edit: see ahoyhoy above.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.