The DIS Unplugged #7 Congrats Pete on having great Chinese food

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As previously suggested this should be the new title…

The DIS Unplugged #8 Pete Werner is an abuser and Dreams Unlimited Travel let it happen

Reactions: 12
Ok, the Wiki article on here says they were (obviously it's wrong):
I'm like 99% sure they never actually got married, is anyone 100% sure?

As previously suggested this should be the new title…

The DIS Unplugged #8 Pete Werner is an abuser and Dreams Unlimited Travel let it happen
I think this has the most votes, we still have about 50 posts or so before we reach 1000

Reactions: 4
I don't know how the channel can go on without the financial backing of DUT/The DIS. I mean Molly and co have the funds but they get a lot of views & bring in Patreon $$$ and only have 2 of them full time. AllEars is backed by Cambrick Yard. I just don't know how they can all afford to be salaried employees and spend money on equipment, dining, resorts, etc. with no funding. I don't think the channel will pay for 4-5 full time people.
---
I'm like 99% sure they never actually got married, is anyone 100% sure?
I Am almost certain Walter is Pete's only ex husband.

I don't know how the channel can go on without the financial backing of DUT/The DIS. I mean Molly and co have the funds but they get a lot of views & bring in Patreon $$$ and only have 2 of them full time. AllEars is backed by Cambrick Yard. I just don't know how they can all afford to be salaried employees and spend money on equipment, dining, resorts, etc. with no funding. I don't think the channel will pay for 4-5 full time people.
---

I Am almost certain Walter is Pete's only ex husband.
I know some of that stuff craig bought himself. What exactly I'm not sure but he's mentioned it off the cuff in a few videos.

Last edited:
Here's something I've been trying to wrap my head around:

John Magi is Pete Werner's ex-husband. Exactly how long were they married (I understand Werner has another ex as well)? When were they married? For John Magi to act like he had zero idea about the allegations specifically might be one thing, but to feign ignorance of Werner's general behavior and treatment of employees is beyond ridiculous. I mean, he was bleeping MARRIED to the guy. My ex-wife knows exactly who I am (although still goes on family vacations with me, 10 years after our divorce, so maybe she's nuts too).
I agree with this. I think sadly the drugging and raping of Dustin might not have been his first rodeo so to speak. Which makes me wanna puke.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
I agree with this. I think sadly the drugging and raping of Dustin might not have been his first rodeo so to speak. Which makes me wanna puke.
It almost certainly was not his first time - Dustin is just the first one (chronologically) that we've heard from. It would be almost unheard of for an offender to commit sexual assault for the first time in their mid-40's. When you have money and power, and your victims are young, vulnerable and male, the odds of one of them coming forward, much less two, are incredibly small. Sean and Dustin cannot be commended enough for speaking up.

I'm almost certain John and Pete were never married. I don't know the exact timeline of their relationship, but same sex marriage wasn't legal in the US until 2004, and I think they were just business partners by then.

Reactions: 14
Remember, Pete is still there. John said he was being removed but that is all talk until it happens and that could take lawyers, payment deals and many months. John made the statements because they were expected. Don’t take it as fact until it happens.
True. It is a welcomed sign to see his social media vanish, however.

Reactions: 3
I don't think Pete will ever step foot on Disney property ever again. Waaaayyyy too many people know who he is, and he couldn't handle it; he's been stripped of his "Star" status and his big bucks. I'm going to be very surprised if he's not on a downward spiral of personal self-destruction. As a human being, I can't imagine all of these heinous things coming out and not want to turn to a chemical escape of some kind, or worse. Especially because he knows it's all true, and knows there's more that hasn't come out.
I was thinking the same thing. Another thing that crossed my mind was relapsing in his addiction or possibly even taking his own life?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I'm almost certain John and Pete were never married. I don't know the exact timeline of their relationship, but same sex marriage wasn't legal in the US until 2004, and I think they were just business partners by then.
This is correct. They were partners but marriage wasn’t legal in the time frame they were together.

Reactions: 7
Pete and John were a couple in the 90s. They met in NJ and moved to Florida in the late 90s. I don’t remember when they split, but they were no longer together when the podcast started in around 2006 and John was already with Kevin.
Kevin and John got married after the start of the podcast. It was during that time when one state would legalize same -sex marriage and then a lot of people would flock there from other states to get married. They went to NY to get married when it was legal there. Maybe 2010? 2011-ish?
Pete and Walter got married after that, but not long. Maybe a few months. They were married only a few years, like maybe 3.

Reactions: 5
Here's something I've been trying to wrap my head around:

John Magi is Pete Werner's ex-husband. Exactly how long were they married (I understand Werner has another ex as well)? When were they married? For John Magi to act like he had zero idea about the allegations specifically might be one thing, but to feign ignorance of Werner's general behavior and treatment of employees is beyond ridiculous. I mean, he was bleeping MARRIED to the guy. My ex-wife knows exactly who I am (although still goes on family vacations with me, 10 years after our divorce, so maybe she's nuts too).
I’ll add to that, if Pete told Charles what he did to Dustin, there is ZERO chance that John knew nothing. If Charles knew about bathroom cameras, John knew. Either Pete has something really big to hold over John, or John doesn’t care. Change my mind…

Reactions: 10
It almost certainly was not his first time - Dustin is just the first one (chronologically) that we've heard from. It would be almost unheard of for an offender to commit sexual assault for the first time in their mid-40's. When you have money and power, and your victims are young, vulnerable and male, the odds of one of them coming forward, much less two, are incredibly small. Sean and Dustin cannot be commended enough for speaking up.

Yeah it’s deffo not his first. I thought that too Predator didn’t just wake up one day on his 40s and decide this was his modus operandi. Sean is so brave starting this - it has been so traumatic for both Sean and Dustin.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.