The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am soooo confused what they were doing at the Halloween party during D23, there is no reason to stretch yourself that thin. I think they were expecting Pete to comp them for it.

It just isn't a good decision to buy tickets for it (while at D23) unless you have money to throw away.

Reactions: 1
I am soooo confused what they were doing at the Halloween party during D23, there is no reason to stretch yourself that thin. I think they were expecting Pete to comp them for it.

It just isn't a good decision to buy tickets for it (while at D23) unless you have money to throw away.
The last week show highlights this when they were talking about if the Halloween party is worth the price and Craig said he purchased his own ticket because he likes going. I don't think they expected to get comped since Craig already acknowledged they weren't covering D23 for The Dis, but to your point I think they were holding out hope for the last minute for Pete to change his mind. The way he was talking on the show around the subject made me feel way.

Reactions: 2
Oh, I agree they like the parties and I would have understood like the day before or after D23. Instead, it was right in the middle of an event like D23 where you are waking up before dawn to line up/do virtual queues and are busy all day with panels that go to 7 PM. Those crowds and lines at D23 are pretty rough and make for long days. The soonest you could enter the park for the party is 7:30 and the party ends at 11 but now you have stayed out way too late.

If you leave D23 early to get more "bang" at the party..well, I don't even understand that either unless you just have extra mad money. Party tickets were a $179 last night.

Last edited:
He is so whiny!

did anyone see the tweet were he was complaining he couldn’t find any friends due to who he is associated with😂🤦‍♀️ he deleted it real fast
That's a weird thing for him to say considering that every time I've seen him in the parks he travels with an "entourage." My guess is that he wants someone between him and the general public at all times. Hard to make friends that way. I've never seen just him and Craig together. I think they go at really off times so as not to have to deal with crowds.

I think the show has suffered so much. The content is so weak. John and Kevin appear to be gone and I do wonder if it had anything to do with Panda coming on, such as (pure speculation) Panda is part of a transition plan to the next era. It's wild to me they went from having a D23 booth in previous years to not covering it at all. Their live updates from the D23 floor were great, that rich content of their first reactions to what was said and done. They covered it very well in past years.
Your point is spot on. It's crazy that we got a week's worth of Alaska Cruise content because Pete wanted to do an Alaskan cruise but there is absolutely no coverage of D23. It just shows how far adrift they really have gone. Their D23 coverage used to be spot on. Now they can't even bother to do a remote roundtable recap on the day of the parks panel? Nothing? Everything has become just so phoned in at this point.

Reactions: 11
Your point is spot on. It's crazy that we got a week's worth of Alaska Cruise content because Pete wanted to do an Alaskan cruise but there is absolutely no coverage of D23. It just shows how far adrift they really have gone. Their D23 coverage used to be spot on. Now they can't even bother to do a remote roundtable recap on the day of the parks panel? Nothing? Everything has become just so phoned in at this point.
If a financial website like CNBC can give me a pretty in depth recap of the parks panel, but your name literally IS the Dis and y’all have nothing? Absolute letdown.

Reactions: 7
It's past time for Ryno and Craig to break off and do their own channel. They are the only two that cover anything on the channel. Despite mixed opinions of them on this forum, I think they'd be fine, and happier, on their own. Just let the Dis Unplugged side of things die. I miss the 2016 era.

Reactions: 16
It's past time for Ryno and Craig to break off and do their own channel. They are the only two that cover anything on the channel. Despite mixed opinions of them on this forum, I think they'd be fine, and happier, on their own. Just let the Dis Unplugged side of things die. I miss the 2016 era.
Molly from AllEars did that quite successfully and they hang with each other all the time. Maybe she can give them some advice. Could be a big risk though for Craig to take with a kid on the way🤔

Reactions: 5
That was really telling. On their boards a lot of people were complaining that all they talked about for a while were the cruises. The show has always been a vanity project for Pete but it is so in your face now. The lack of D23 coverage for an f***ing Disney News site is inexcusable. It is like a CNBC or Bloomberg not covering the Fed raining interest rates because they'd rather talk about food options on Wall Street.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Molly from AllEars did that quite successfully and they hang with each other all the time. Maybe she can give them some advice. Could be a big risk though for Craig to take with a kid on the way🤔
To be honest, how long will Craig stay in favor when he is not available to go on every trip/dining review/etc... Pete decides to want to film for the business because he will have a child?

The constant cruising from all of the vloggers is annoying. I think it's also not a marketing plus for Disney. People who are on the fence will watch a horrible vlog...like the Trackers and decide not to go instead of taking a leap of faith and trying it. Cruising is something you have to experience in person. If Disney puts out one of their highly produced videos like they used to for each cruise ship it would be more convincing.

Reactions: 5
The constant cruising from all of the vloggers is annoying. I think it's also not a marketing plus for Disney. People who are on the fence will watch a horrible vlog...like the Trackers and decide not to go instead of taking a leap of faith and trying it. Cruising is something you have to experience in person. If Disney puts out one of their highly produced videos like they used to for each cruise ship it would be more convincing.
Agreed, I feel like cruise videos should just be a run down of the facilities, ship layout, pricing, and brief rundown of the experiences with those things. There is just something unappealing about watching someone sitting around doing nothing (which is fine for the cruiser not the viewer). It's also why I couldn't finish one video about the Star Wars Galactic cruiser.

Bright Sun Films is the only review of the Wish I enjoyed, much less finished.

Reactions: 8
To be honest, how long will Craig stay in favor when he is not available to go on every trip/dining review/etc... Pete decides to want to film for the business because he will have a child?
You are so right! I doubt Pete will show any sympathy or understanding for Craig not being available due to any circumstances regarding the child.

Reactions: 4
Craig tried his own channel a few years ago and it didn't go well so I doubt he takes the risk

You are so right! I doubt Pete will show any sympathy or understanding for Craig not being available due to any circumstances regarding the child.
I was just thinking about that after reading what Sean had to say on this thread.

My wife was watching some vlogger do the Starcruiser and while it wasn’t the experience didn’t sour me, it was seeing everything and going “That’s it?” for the price tag.

It doesn’t help that I just felt the whole thing felt inauthentic, more like they either got comped or a steep discount and didn’t disclose it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.