The Dis Unplugged #2 What a Fiasco!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My wife was watching some vlogger do the Starcruiser and while it wasn’t the experience didn’t sour me, it was seeing everything and going “That’s it?” for the price tag.

It doesn’t help that I just felt the whole thing felt inauthentic, more like they either got comped or a steep discount and didn’t disclose it.
I forgot about the Starcruiser! Haven’t heard a word about it since the initial vlogs all came out.

I’d like to see Craig and Ryno do more Universal content. They seem to actually enjoy it when they do.

Reactions: 4
Craig has phenomenal video and editing skills but he is no on air talent.

Reactions: 7
Agreed, I feel like cruise videos should just be a run down of the facilities, ship layout, pricing, and brief rundown of the experiences with those things. There is just something unappealing about watching someone sitting around doing nothing (which is fine for the cruiser not the viewer). It's also why I couldn't finish one video about the Star Wars Galactic cruiser.

Bright Sun Films is the only review of the Wish I enjoyed, much less finished.
As a kid in the 70s going to Disney, that information channel in the rooms was very informative. Even as a kid I knew they were being overly pixie dustish but it didn't matter, that was part of the fun and there was still a lot of information. Then in the 90s they would ship you that CD and I would watch it with my own kids before we went. I would prefer ONLY Disney to make their own videos when new rides come out etc. Better quality etc. Even if the enthusiasm is over the top. Vloggers have ruined everything. I have no interest in Food and Wine etc because I have seen these people over and over again shove that food in their mouth. I wish I actually never started watching any of them.

Reactions: 3
The Youtube channels are circling the drain at this point. Craig can’t do it all and when the baby comes he’s really not going to be able to carry the whole enterprise. They barely go to the parks, they don’t keep up with the news, the “dining reviews” are a joke. One person eating at Westward Ho isn’t a food review. All Pete cares about are cruises so they should just not bother with anything else.

Reactions: 6
I used to look forward to all podcasts, spend my life on the forums - but I have lost any interest in any of them at all. There are really no personalities any more, if it isn't Petes view of the world, there is no view. Although Craig, takes some stick here, but I believe he is holding it all together and when he goes and I think he will and soon, the Dis will just grow an even slower death. Craig knows his strength isn't in presenting, but when he needs to he does it. The channel was going downhill, well before Covid, but now it isn't worth any air time.
Not to cover last weekend, just about sums where the channel are at, which is nowhere.

Reactions: 11
I would prefer ONLY Disney to make their own videos when new rides come out etc. Better quality etc. Even if the enthusiasm is over the top.
I'm going to respectfully disagree that Disney should be the only ones producing videos. Even if the "quality" isn't up to par with the overly polished pixie-dusted Disney videos, I find tremendous usefulness out of most independent review vlogs. I'm a very tall guy, but Disney's videos aren't going to give me an idea if I'm going to be comfortable on a new ride, because if they (Disney) don't mention that type of stuff in their promotional videos. Some random vlogger has a better chance of showing me what I want to see like that. I've got some medical issues at the moment and have a device that needs to get plugged in, so Tim Tracker jizzing himself over USB's in a resort room is actually quite useful for me and it does give me an idea of how I might need to plan and did help with picking a room on my last trip. Will a Disney video show me that type of stuff, or tell me that I'd need a special "cold" fridge for the room?

Reactions: 9
I’m just back from a trip to Vancouver and Seattle. I was not on the Disney cruise but as I was walking towards Tim Horton (first time in Canada had to do it!) who should I see standing outside the Pan Pacific hotel but Pete, Panda and Pete’s boyfriend. Pete was in a gaudy designer tracksuits. Pete had 2 Louis Vuitton bags - the wheelie and the hold all while the boyfriend had a cross body LV. Frankly he looked silly - like he had been dressed up as a rapper for Halloween. Pete was smoking a ciggie. Panda was chatting to him. The boyfriend totally frozen out.

We fetched breakfast and were walking back towards the crosswalk in front of the hotel. Pete and co were still there. As we approached they started to go inside. Pete strode off, Panda plodded along trying to keep up and the boyfriend followed behind meekly. My friend could not believe the body language and said “wow now there’s drama. There’s someone who calls you at 3am projecting and then buys you something to say sorry” We decided to go up to the lobby as I wondered if the others would be there. Jackie was there and I was able to have a quick word with her. She’s a sweetheart and shared some great tips for our Seattle days. Elaine was also there. We slided away after chatting to Jackie but Pete and Panda were in line at checkin while the boyfriend sat in the lobby on his phone. Not once did we see Pete speak to him, make eye contact with him. So strange.

this morning I came here to post that I saw them only to see Sean’s messages and what can I say except I believe what he wrote based on what I saw. The power dynamic was so obvious and disgusting.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 16
My friend could not believe the body language and said “wow now there’s drama. There’s someone who calls you at 3am projecting and then buys you something to say sorry”

this morning I came here to post that I saw them only to see Sean’s messages and what can I say except I believe what he wrote based on what I saw. The power dynamic was so obvious and disgusting.
It is funny that your friend was able to make this observation and then you saw Sean's posts confirming it.

The only reason I could think that Craig and Ryno dont leave the Dis is that there is some kind of non compete situation. If Craig and Ryno left, in my opinion, that would be the end of the Dis youtube.

Reactions: 6
I’m just back from a trip to Vancouver and Seattle. I was not on the Disney cruise but as I was walking towards Tim Horton (first time in Canada had to do it!) who should I see standing outside the Pan Pacific hotel but Pete, Panda and Pete’s boyfriend. Pete was in a gaudy designer tracksuits. Pete had 2 Louis Vuitton bags - the wheelie and the hold all while the boyfriend had a cross body LV. Frankly he looked silly - like he had been dressed up as a rapper for Halloween. Pete was smoking a ciggie. Panda was chatting to him. The boyfriend totally frozen out.

We fetched breakfast and were walking back towards the crosswalk in front of the hotel. Pete and co were still there. As we approached they started to go inside. Pete strode off, Panda plodded along trying to keep up and the boyfriend followed behind meekly. My friend could not believe the body language and said “wow now there’s drama. There’s someone who calls you at 3am projecting and then buys you something to say sorry” We decided to go up to the lobby as I wondered if the others would be there. Jackie was there and I was able to have a quick word with her. She’s a sweetheart and shared some great tips for our Seattle days. Elaine was also there. We slided away after chatting to Jackie but Pete and Panda were in line at checkin while the boyfriend sat in the lobby on his phone. Not once did we see Pete speak to him, make eye contact with him. So strange.

When you described Pete as being dressed like a rapper for Halloween 😂😂😂 PERFECT!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Awesome report! And the Pan Pacific, that is one very $$$$$$ hotel.

Reactions: 2
Anyone see a face pic of petes BF yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I was not on the Disney cruise but as I was walking towards Tim Horton (first time in Canada had to do it!)
Nothing wrong with a little timmies. Unless you’re ordering a double double. That’s just rank.

Had he mentioned the boyfriend before? Last I knew he was single but he literally just mentioned a boyfriend on todays show and then I saw this mentioned here

Reactions: 1
Nothing wrong with a little timmies. Unless you’re ordering a double double. That’s just rank.

Had he mentioned the boyfriend before? Last I knew he was single but he literally just mentioned a boyfriend on todays show and then I saw this mentioned here
He's mentioned him a few times on different shows.. mainly about buying him jewelry

• Haha
Just watched the show....you have two people who were JUST at D23 and barely allowed to speak while Pete went on and on about cruising.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.