Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
It feels like Dis Unlimited is now scared of their standing with Disney and doing everything they can to keep bookings through Dreams high.
I watched their latest UO show where they were discussing the new ticketed HHN preview event and felt like this! I like Craig and Ryno, but it felt like they were fishing for an invite to the event. Or maybe in the past they have already received HHN-related media invites by this time but haven’t yet? They mentioned a couple times that they’ve been media previously and might be again, but they might not be. The Dis has very much lost its luster over the past year (or however long it’s been now😂). Maybe they are starting to get nervous about media access.

Reactions: 1

JaqAndGus

I was given evidence that the ban was put in place by Webmaster Kathy. I
There is several people who have been unfairly banned. For example, Ryan and Skier Pete who contributed significantly to the boards and were banned because of Pete’s abuse of power.

While it may have been Mary Jo, Jackie, Kathy (or whoever) who pulled the trigger, any one of them could have spoken up.

If you play their go between it allows them to remain behind a curtain, continue to be toxic and not engage with the affected or their audience.

Has Jackie done shit all to get @Rufuscat or any of the other unfairly banned people unbanned? Oh, so her justification is it wasn’t her personally?

You decide to provide prove it wasn’t her. Fine I acknowledge it wasn’t her, but I argue she continues supports the utterly toxic system so she might as well have.

xoxo552

Craig's latest post - not sure what is stopping them from sitting back and evaluating the current offering, but ok. I do think there's been improvement with Hannah and recording together.

I think we can get back to what you're describing in your second paragraph as we add personalities and we develop stronger bonds as a team and can sit back and be honest about whether or not we're putting out a good product. I think we've hit a good stride with dining reviews and we are close to finding the perfect recipe.

Most "Tuesday" shows have felt better since being together in the same room and if we could add in someone like Deni/Steve who is lovably nerdy and wears their passion on their sleeve then it would be an entirely different dynamic and moving in the right direction. I'd love to have that new voice in before we hit Memorial Day so hopefully the search will be a lot faster than the studio took or the seven years Cousin Eddie was holding out for a management position.

The "second paragraph" referenced:
It's really about finding the mix of information while keeping it engaging and entertaining - and I can't stress that second part enough. The best way to do it IMO is not to create forced personas, but just to keep the overall vibe loose, encourage healthy debate...and not move to a more serious news format.

DISbored

Chatty Member
Ok the bad realistically is that we found out that Craig can not carry the show if it was on him he seems to be extremely talented as a back of the house person.

JL was an on screen character with charisma charm and looks Craig had none of those three. We need to know our strengths and weaknesses.

Also I can 100% for certain especially since he didn’t have a family at the time would hit have stayed with Pete if he fucked over my best friend.

pnxcoco

Why does it feel like Kevin is being forced to participate in the new Dreams videos against his will…

eonxblue

With the dude who Pete hooked up with and Sean said is a shit real estate agent. What is Tom doing with that snake?
I don't know, but after pouring through Sean's old posts about him (and one from just this month!) I hope Tom is charging him a decent advertising fee because Eric will get a lot of leads from WDWNT for sure after only completing 3 sales since ~2021 ☠

Imagineers come from many creative and technical backgrounds. Engineers, architects, painters, sculptors, music composers, computer programmers, costume designers, you name it. If you work for the Glendale crew, you’re an Imagineer full stop.
No doubt that certain roles get that designation (like the ones you listed), but some don’t. For instance when visual merchandising was folded into Imagineering they weren’t permitted to use the name. It’s a title reserved for certain creative positions.

I think it’s a silly distinction and would agree that if you work for Imagineering you should be able to use the title.

djc12b

I totally agree that it's completely fair and reasonable to want your vacation to be your vacation - particularly when you're paying for the bulk of it. It's terrible that is the expectation and I appreciate knowing that the DIS has NOT become kinder, more professional etc. with "new" leadership, despite what they want us to think. But isn't Craig technically his immediate boss? I think we all know that Craig probably doesn't have much independent authority, especially in terms of money (and apparently creative direction), and they're all subject to John's ultimate decision-making, but I don't know that the right place to address it was live and publicly on a channel paid for by said employer. I know for the company I work for, if the social media manager went live on one of our platforms to complain about the company (no matter how justified), they would not be employed for much longer.
To be fair, it was on the Patreon after show, not the live Tuesday show available to the public. But I agree with the fact that it was still on work time, the team just seems to use the after show as a "safer space" and will even mention the fact that "John isn't watching so I'll say this" etc.

exdisfan

Tomorrow morning is the hearing for AmEx vs the car service in Tampa. Not sure if or how that case is related to the Pete and Dreams Unplugged lawsuits, but the same person is subpoenaed to testify in one of Pete's cases on 2/26. If anyone is interested, the Zoom link for tomorrow's hearing is in the court documents - Google Hillsborough County court records, search for Addis Car Service, go into the case with AmEx, and look for the notice of hearing in the Events.
Can’t “attend” today but I should be able to make the 26th hearing. It’ll be interesting to see what ties, if any, both cases have.

DISbored

Chatty Member
That was me. Pete was too quiet too quick, and John was too quiet for too long. Reeks of something not above board. I think John has motive for a backdoor deal with Pete to keep him quiet...like continuing to pay him an agreed amount for a period of time. I suspect that motive can be tied to John committing tax fraud and Pete being able to expose it if he wanted to.
Can you look at the most recent show and give your honest opinion? It’s absolutely terrible.

xoxo552

What ever happened to Panda? I know he had his own channel pre-DIS?
He's a regular panelist on the DVC Fan show along with Paul and Amy and also still maintains his channel that does a live show most Tuesday nights and then does other recorded videos from time to time. I think it safe to say that a new job was not taking him away from vlogging ...

muska732

I thought it was hilarious that the gag order of never mentioning anyone's name that left the Dis is still enforced. A couple people were referred to but no one by name that I can recall. It's like they're in the mob and you never say the name of anyone who got clipped.
I'm not going to go back and listen to it again but the only person that was bought up by name was Shaun. From what Craig and Corey were talking about when the name was bought up it being a media event memory. My guess is it was Shaun Thompson.

I'm also wondering if Craig's job is going to be along the lines of what Shaun is doing with Disney.

DISbored

Chatty Member
The last two house talks was three weeks ago 0 consistency I think they need someone to hold them accountable