Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ilovegrapes75

Chatty Member
Some old Pete footage somehow managed to end up in Jenny Nicholson's Starcruiser video. Maybe someone should tell her to better vet the clips she uses.:oops:
I haven't been on here in ages and I came to say this! She calls him "that little guy" lol I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Murray9000

VIP Member
I'm not going to go back and listen to it again but the only person that was bought up by name was Shaun. From what Craig and Corey were talking about when the name was bought up it being a media event memory. My guess is it was Shaun Thompson.

I'm also wondering if Craig's job is going to be along the lines of what Shaun is doing with Disney.
You might be right but I remember him saying Ryno replaced his "best friend" but not Shaun's name. Whatever. Not worth it to watch again.

djc12b

So wait, Ryno and Craig go do a full hour long breakfast/dinner review review video of 1900 Park Fare on the DIS unlimited channel. Now the separate "the dis" channel has a 4 minute short clip of the experience? I'm so confused why they're putting time into two separate channels.

JaqAndGus

I was sent this screenshot and asked to clarify that it was Webmaster Kathy that instituted this ban. I can’t speak to any emails because I wasn’t given information about that. If I’m given any further info that helps, I’ll definitely let you guys know.View attachment 2828722

Why play their go between and run their public relations? If @Rufuscat says he got an email from Jackie and that impacted their getting banned I am inclined to believe them. We know they discuss things between mods.

If the boards want to start a discourse or allow you to appeal a ban, they can start a thread! Oh ooops, Corey doesn’t allow that.

If Jackie thinks she is getting unfairly blamed, make a freaking statement, clarify your position!

You relying selective info for whoever your source is, just feeds the problem.

If Jackie and other mods want to stay and protect the system that lacks transparency, then deal with the fact when you aren’t transparent, the public is not going to be able to get it 100% correct.

Last edited:

xoxo552

So curious about a potential link between the cases and looking forward to hearing from our court reporters. This is probably a dumb/silly question since the Zoom link is given in a public document and not redacted ... but really anyone can join? Do you have to provide your name or what your interest in the case is? I think depending on what kind of Zoom account you have, there's a limit on the number of participants. They may hit that limit for the Pete/Dreams hearing on the 26th!

countesslu

I don't know what the solution is, either. Scooters need to go in first so that they're safely strapped in, and don't have to maneuver around a crowd of people to do so. But, imagine it's the end of the day and there are 30 people in line, no scooters. A bus pulls up and all of a sudden scooter person + their entire family get to board first, maybe some people that were there before them don't get to board. I don't know the answer other than maybe putting them in line with everyone else, and the bus driver can gauge whether or not they'd fit on that bus, and if they wouldn't, they'd have to wait. But then you have a backlog of scooters.

WDWUO83

VIP Member
Am I the only one who never puzzled over those? Like “Let’s win Disney!” is kind of a tongue in cheek thing where it’s playing to those who treat Disney planning like a war. They have an objective in the parks and they will win.

“Food is a theme park” is kind of like for some it’s the main reason people go or, at least, just as much a highlight as the rides.

at least that’s my take

I’d ask AJ to quit calling cheese cups “plastic cheese” though.
You’re not! DFB has its own thread on here, I remember the weird slogans being a topic of conversation.

bichonrose

Sorry guys nowhere else to say it but what on earth has Deni done to her hair?? It used to be so cute when she was at the Dis but I just saw one of her stories and what the hell?
Going to disagree with you here...I think the new hairdo is an improvement. (y)

What the What?!

Well, I spotted Craig in the background of the WDW Drone show Media previews at Summer House by the Lake! So, as long as he gets Disney media access, I guess he is good! 😜

What the What?!

Tomorrow morning is the hearing for AmEx vs the car service in Tampa. Not sure if or how that case is related to the Pete and Dreams Unplugged lawsuits, but the same person is subpoenaed to testify in one of Pete's cases on 2/26. If anyone is interested, the Zoom link for tomorrow's hearing is in the court documents - Google Hillsborough County court records, search for Addis Car Service, go into the case with AmEx, and look for the notice of hearing in the Events.
@Thunderbirdtoo Thank you very much for the Zoom link info! I shall search for it. 😉 ⚖

Rufuscat

Looks like they’re down another 30 patrons. Since you took over Craig, there hasn’t been a month with there’s been an increase. What are you not understanding that you’re creating and producing content that nobody watches anymore you use the same style formula and you haven’t you realize you’re a failure?

You could tell from the minimal input that is put in that they are a waste of John’s money. What metric are they using to determine if their success their YouTube numbers have not increased their Patreon numbers keep going down and their views are abysmal at what point do you say this isn’t working?
According to Social Blade their weekly video views were about the 100,000 mark in 2021. Although there was a gradual decline to about 80,000 by the middle of 2023 this has really dropped off in the last year to about 50,000 weekly video views. The trend is downwards unfortunately.

• Wow

xoxo552

Soooo....I just saw that Dis Unlimted is looking for Questions for an upcoming Q &A show....fire away...
I think the Q&A is intended for their audio-only Connecting with Walt podcast series about WDW history. It's good content if you're into WDW history. Craig hosts with Michael Bowling, a former official mousketeer in the Mickey Mouse Club. I don't think the Tuesday show would invite questions. 🤣 I had forgotten this show existed as well as the Dreams Unlimited channel. I have to give Craig some credit in that he's the common denominator across 5-6 shows a week (Tues show, dining show, DCL show, Dreams Unlimited (separate channel}, Connecting with Walt (audio), and sometimes I think he edits the Baseline conversations or a shopping video or other). That's not to say all the content is great, of course. But as to the question of what they're spending their time on, there's more content than I thought (again quality is open to debate).

Murray9000

VIP Member
For sure. He should be working with JeniLynn doing video production with Disney.
---
He got fired for cause (or kicked out of the college program) when he worked there. Maybe they still have him on a Do Not Hire list.

• Wow

JaqAndGus

That's too bad. I think a lot of good posters got run off by the moderation and clearly continue to, to this day, despite the temporary relaxing of rules. I applaud whatever your reply was to Kevin. I remember him as one of the worst in terms of snarkiness. If anyone said anything REMOTELY critical he clapped back in a tone that would have handed anyone else a ban. It was to a point that I didn't bother to post anything on the podcast board because I didn't want to get into an argument with him (and his supporters who rushed to back him up at any turn). Ironically enough, I actually really enjoy(ed) his restaurant reviews, like(d) hearing about trips to Hawaii or actual ABD trips (not advertisements for them) and thought it was sweet how he spoke of his childhood visit(s) to WDW with such fondness and gratitude to his parents for making it happen. But on the boards, yikes. Always tough to accurately determine intent with written posts but he seemed to assume all were personal attacks and went right back at you. All that said, I don't think he's posted in years.

If it's any consolation, karma appears to have finally bitten Webmaster Kathy. While her account is still active, she hasn't posted (at least under that account) since August when she was accused of anti-semitic remarks and issued a non-apology apology.
I completely agree with you about Kevin. There was so much I liked about him.

It’s been super frustrating because I really don’t want much from them, well maybe more from John. I just wanted a commitment to do better and to actually be better.

Like above, someone was petty enough to send a screenshot to JL to protect Jackie from being incorrectly blamed in an offhanded comment I hadn’t even noticed. Now I think they ban people AND they are petty.

If someone instead had reviewed the account, removed the ban and emailed them to welcome them back I would have been super impressed!! I would have wondered if things were getting better. I may have visited the boards.

Instead, all I see is the webmasters being the same, maybe worse actually (a la the thread title.)

Last edited: