The DIS Unplugged #11 We're still exactly the same. Maybe worse, actually

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The wife and I decided to book DVC direct for our trip this summer at Saratoga Springs so the DVC Show has helped me get in the loop not only with Saratoga but DVC as a whole (and I say this as an ex-College Programmer and visitor many, many times over.) They do a great job with that sort of thing, and while we don’t own DVC and have no plans to do so, it’s a great way to get your foot in the door if you are.

Reactions: 3
I agree that Paul and Amy are doing good work. I listen to the podcast some, but not watch. I can't stand looking at Derek DaBore. Just oozes slimy used car salesman to me. I can tolerate just his audio - but barely.

Some old Pete footage somehow managed to end up in Jenny Nicholson's Starcruiser video. Maybe someone should tell her to better vet the clips she uses.

Reactions: 6
Has it officially been a year since Pete has been gone from the company? Since Kevin scooter couldn’t fit in the studio???

Reactions: 9
Well, I spotted Craig in the background of the WDW Drone show Media previews at Summer House by the Lake! So, as long as he gets Disney media access, I guess he is good!

Reactions: 1
Well, I spotted Craig in the background of the WDW Drone show Media previews at Summer House by the Lake! So, as long as he gets Disney media access, I guess he is good!
After the scandal last year I'm surprised that the DIS Unplugged/Unlimited managed to retain their media credentials. I would have thought Disney would cut any commercial blogger loose if the co-owner had been accused of sexual assault by multiple sources then vanished into the ether without any denial. Weird, it's not like Dreams/DIS is of any value to them.

Last edited:
I was somewhat surprised too. Though they brought back WDWNT, who they called unscrupulous (or something like that), so who knows what their media/influencer strategy is. I wonder if the media team primarily interacts with Craig and that positively influences their view. Or I'm sure they've been assured either that it was just gossip, and/or that it was the actions of one individual who was no longer associated with the brand. While declining, I imagine Dreams is still amongst the top producing Disney agencies (with $900k debt hanging over its head) and I'd imagine their years of booking custom ABD tours and cruises probably earned them some good will and built some relationships. Or, Josh D'Amaro intervened on behalf of his bestie, PW.

Reactions: 10
Some old Pete footage somehow managed to end up in Jenny Nicholson's Starcruiser video. Maybe someone should tell her to better vet the clips she uses.
I haven't been on here in ages and I came to say this! She calls him "that little guy" lol I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not

Ok, I’m still pretty new to some of these vloggers. Who is Jenny Nicholson? Does she have a thread? This is the first time I’m hearing about her.

Ok, I’m still pretty new to some of these vloggers. Who is Jenny Nicholson? Does she have a thread? This is the first time I’m hearing about her.
tbh I don't know who she is but Threads was talking about the 4 hour Galactic Star Cruiser video she did which is here. So I'm watching that but from what I gather she's an influencer, not sure how big in the community but just from the thumbnails of her videos she has several million views on them.

Wow! Thank you @ilovegrapes75. Several million views, huh? Quite impressive. Not sure if I have the attention span to watch a 4 hour Galactic Starcruiser video, especially since it is now closed. But good on her.

They finally went from 164 subscribers to 163 a thousand loss after months of non growth!

Reactions: 4
Another 43 subscribers canceled. I say by August they go under 1,000. What you’re doing isn’t working. You are cranking out Pete’s format with 0 charisma. Where’s this unleashed creativity and talent and where is Kevin in person with this scooter?

Reactions: 7
Pete’s format worked because of Pete unfortunately. He had pizazz. He had personality. The current cast of characters are severely lacking in the personality department. They need to find their own format that suits them.

Reactions: 10
Pete’s format worked because of Pete unfortunately. He had pizazz. He had personality. The current cast of characters are severely lacking in the personality department. They need to find their own format that suits them.
Oh for sure, this garbage is being phoned in at this point. Craig has been an uncanny valley AI chatbot for years & Ryno will be doing his rolling his eyes, camp sassy routine until Craig leaves, then he's off to Wendy's. Without Pete the show is over, they just don't know it yet.

Reactions: 5
If you watch Provost Park Pass, Chris just did all 20 WDW resorts in a row. Now, he can get irritating and tiresome halfway through just one "vee-jo", and there were some inaccuracies that you'd expect trying to keep 20 resorts straight in your head, but I scrolled through maybe half of the moderate and all of the deluxe resorts (DVC owner) because I like seeing how DL vloggers perceive WDW, and vice versa.

Anyway, he was sponsored by Get Away Today travel (although it sounds like they weren't hosted and GAT is more of an affiliate), and spent a few minutes usually twice per vee-jo explaining what the travel agent can do for a client, including their concierge service for making restaurant and other reservations. After hearing just one or two of the pitches, I honestly would be 100% more inclined to use that agent than Dreams Unlimited and Dreams is footing the bill 100% for the Craig and Ryno Show.

Again who uses a travel agent in 2024? Click your resorts and then times you want to stay…a travel agent asks you the same questions what’s the point?

Again who uses a travel agent in 2024? Click your resorts and then times you want to stay…a travel agent asks you the same questions what’s the point?
In this day and age you can book an entire trip from your phone in about 5 minutes. Travel agents are useless.

Reactions: 4
I love using travel agents! Just used ours for our Universal trip a couple weeks ago because I don’t like to be bothered to handle any of the reservations for dining, hotel, car service, cabanas, etc when someone else can do it for free.

Why anyone would use Dreams is a mystery to me, they don’t even respond to you for a week when you inquire about booking.

Reactions: 7