The Depression Thread #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep worrying about the future. I just can't stop it.
Recently they are going to be building a Housing Association out the back of my house, and of course, my brain goes into snobby overdrive that makes me think it's going to be ASBO land which of course it won't be. My brain just starts thinking the worst.

I've tried hypnotherapy, CBT, therapists, and they haven't worked. Does anyone else have ideas of what could help?

@LaBlonde This is a really horrible thing for you to suffer. I have a different but equally embarrassing problem with when I go away and it's shameful to me but really nothing to other people. It really puts me off staying anywhere, so you have my utmost sympathy. I hope you can share this with your friend and alleviate some of your fear. ❤
thanks FP - sorry that i‘ve only just seen this.

not gonna lie, i have gone into a complete spiral as of yesterday and can’t stop reading about it. when this happened last year, it lasted for months and i can’t go through that again. and that was literally just me convincing myself. if the media coverage continues like it is then i LITERALLY don’t know what i’m going to do. my broken brain simply cannot handle it at all. i don’t even want to sit on fabric seats at work at this point. it absolutely sucks and whenever i try and explain it to people they laugh it off.

i know i don’t have them. i know i’m being ridiculous. but i am genuinely at breaking point here over something my own mind has made up. i freaking hate having ocd.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My depression has reared its ugly head this week again. I can go weeks feeling fine, being OK and then dip. I’m in the down phase, if you saw me on Monday I was manic. I don’t feel like other people. I don’t feel normal. I can’t explain it but I feel like an outsider not fitting in and looking above myself spectating. It’s very odd. I’m my own worst critic and never feel good enough.
I’m not really living life. It’s all such a waste. I wake up and instantly want to go back to bed. I feel my best years are over and there is nothing left for me, nothing to look forward to.

I have a narc mother in my life who controls the narrative, my life, puts me down. Life isn’t fun with her on my shoulder.

I have a crush on a much older man which isn’t appropriate as he’s in a professional position. But I can’t stop thinking about our conversations and interactions and my goodness he’s easy on the eye. (He is single I checked his SM which I’m ashamed of). We had a connection. He’s a very interesting person. After our first meeting I felt a connection - I’m not sure what it is or was but I felt something. It was so odd. I brushed it aside until we met again last week...

Not that I’d act on it because why would someone be interested in me? It’s made me question a lot of deep thoughts, like what is wrong with me? Why a much older man? Because I want to feel safe? To be looked after? Why am I feeling this way. Because I’m lonely and sad about life?

In all honesty I just want someone on the same page as me who wants to go to a art gallery, go out for breakfast and coffee, expand our mind have interesting conversation and this guy seems like a perfect fit. I have never had a ‘crush’ before but yeah even at forty i was shocked and blew over by him. What is it? Why does it happen?

So yeah I feel stupid for feeling this way. Now I’m back in the spiral of depression... feeling not worthy of love, life and all those things I yearn. Questioning this ‘crush’ I feel like an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I keep thinking I'm okay then it hits me like a ton of bricks again. This past week I've been so depressed to the point of severe physical exhaustion. I'm not even sad I'm just so exhausted with life atm and I'm barely even doing anything. Outside of work I just lay in bed scrolling on my phone, I have so many things I want to do but I just can't do them. No matter how much I think and dream about doing the thing I'm just finding it impossible atm.

I'm just super burnt out and depressed and it sucks. I can't wait for it to go away..

• Heart
How do you tell someone they unintentionally saved you from harming yourself? Few months ago I was put into a bad head space and ran out my house intending to harm myself. I got a message on my phone from one of my favourite musical theatre actors saying “thanks for your support, see you soon” he unintentionally helped me that day

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not been on here in a while, hope everyone’s as ok as they can be. I’ve had a period of good mental health which I’m grateful for but the depression has reared its ugly head again over the past few weeks. I only realised today when it occurred to me I hadn’t sang in the car for a while.
I think I’m just overwhelmed with life and my brains response is to cut off all my serotonin. Don’t really know how to make it better though. Work is a lot at the moment, but I love my job and it won’t be too much forever, it’s just a busy time of year. I’m doing a college course which will help my career but everyone expects me to smash it because I’ve always been academically smart and I’m an over achiever but honestly trying to do college whilst working full time is hard. My social life is busy but I just can’t enjoy it at the moment. And I go to the gym 4-5 times a week to help my mental health but that is also increasing my level of overwhelmed-ness. Dunno why I’m writing all this just wanted to vent and hopefully feel like a weights been lifted.

• Heart
  • Haha
Hey everyone I’m new to this thread so apologies but for the past 2 years I’ve really been struggling with depression and anxiety spending 6 weeks in a psychiatric hospital but I’m starting to feel things getting bad again, I’m just very scared

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey everyone I’m new to this thread so apologies but for the past 2 years I’ve really been struggling with depression and anxiety spending 6 weeks in a psychiatric hospital but I’m starting to feel things getting bad again, I’m just very scared
This can be a particularly hard time of year for many who struggle with their mental health. Do you have any supports in place? I’m sorry you’re feeling this way, but it’s good that you’re self aware and can hopefully seek help before it gets too bad. Keep sharing here as needed. I’m sure others will have some feedback. 💕

Been feeling rough all week. I did a lot of work last month, and then I tried to replicate it at the start of this one and I think I just pushed myself too far and my brain said no and enforced a rest - so I’m not capable of much beyond watching TV and reading this week. And I get it, technically speaking I’ve earned the rest, but whenever I do, I feel so guilty about it that it doesn’t even feel like a real rest - so then I try to get back into pushing myself and instantly feel worse.

I think I’m gonna set an actual day where I say to myself “I can take it easy until Monday” or whatever, and then I can actually enjoy the rest instead of worrying about how long this bad spell will last and trying to drag myself out of it too early, because that ends up being counterproductive every time.

I’m new to this thread but I’m glad I found it tonight — I’m sorry you guys know what this is like (and that plenty of you might not even have the option to just take it easy), but I’m glad I found you 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hope everyone is ok. Its tit reading so many similar feelings. Im in the zone of 1st anniversaries of something which made me very unwell mentally, and I've taken to my bed a lot.
People dont really understand it, even my husband who has his own mental health struggles. He thinks its laziness and i have loads of things i could be doing but im paralysed when it comes to effort. I know what I need to do to sort myself out but doing it...

If im honest with myself I've probably gone from having a mental breakdown straight into burnout at work. I have so many regrets about the last 12 months. Its just been total hell

• Heart
Anyone got advice? I’ve had a work capability assessment come back saying I’m physically fit to go back to work but I don’t think I am mentally and I feel overwhelmed with the job centre on my back sending me emails for jobs and courses. I can’t bring myself to even look for work as I don’t feel ready

Anyone got advice? I’ve had a work capability assessment come back saying I’m physically fit to go back to work but I don’t think I am mentally and I feel overwhelmed with the job centre on my back sending me emails for jobs and courses. I can’t bring myself to even look for work as I don’t feel ready
What does your gp say? Unfortunately they dont really take how you feel into account so you can only really dispute the assessment if you have some form of other proof/support that working wouldnt be good for you at the moment.

Hope everyone is ok. Its tit reading so many similar feelings. Im in the zone of 1st anniversaries of something which made me very unwell mentally, and I've taken to my bed a lot.
People dont really understand it, even my husband who has his own mental health struggles. He thinks its laziness and i have loads of things i could be doing but im paralysed when it comes to effort. I know what I need to do to sort myself out but doing it...

If im honest with myself I've probably gone from having a mental breakdown straight into burnout at work. I have so many regrets about the last 12 months. Its just been total hell
Anniversaries are so hard. They can bring you right back to that event or time and you feel the emotions all over again, but perhaps with the added delights of regret or remorse and the knowledge that time has passed but we feel stuck. People don’t always understand the feeling of having energy and motivation sucked away. The mental, physical and emotional load that it takes to do simple things. I don’t know what will work for you. I know ruminating on the past and anxiety about the future are easy places that my mind slips to, and the only thing that helps me at all is practicing mindfulness, breath work, radical acceptance (doesn’t mean you have to be happy with the situation, just accept it as is without judgment) and finding things to do that interrupt my thought patterns that keep me down. It’s so much work and so hard. Some days are harder and some moments seem impossible. I’m sorry you are feeling this. I hear you and you are not alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really hate this time of year.

Everyone is SO excited about Christmas whereas I'm terrified about the future.

I have a wife who I love more than anything in the world and she loves me and she truly couldn't be a better wife if she tried. She's my true other half. The other half of my heart.

I can't help but feel like I don't deserve her though.

My depression has really ramped up in the last few months.

Our dog daughter was very unwell for the last 3 months and unfortunately has now died and I feel like it's made me go into a huge slump losing her.

I just want to feel like I have a future but right now I don't at all.

I'm currently undergoing some health tests so that doesn't help but I'm so mentally fucked and exhausted right now.

Life is an odd one.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anniversaries are so hard. They can bring you right back to that event or time and you feel the emotions all over again, but perhaps with the added delights of regret or remorse and the knowledge that time has passed but we feel stuck. People don’t always understand the feeling of having energy and motivation sucked away. The mental, physical and emotional load that it takes to do simple things. I don’t know what will work for you. I know ruminating on the past and anxiety about the future are easy places that my mind slips to, and the only thing that helps me at all is practicing mindfulness, breath work, radical acceptance (doesn’t mean you have to be happy with the situation, just accept it as is without judgment) and finding things to do that interrupt my thought patterns that keep me down. It’s so much work and so hard. Some days are harder and some moments seem impossible. I’m sorry you are feeling this. I hear you and you are not alone.
It's definitely the guilt and what ifs. Trying to plan things to look forward to other than Christmas ick...

Reactions: 1
I really hate this time of year.

Everyone is SO excited about Christmas whereas I'm terrified about the future.

I have a wife who I love more than anything in the world and she loves me and she truly couldn't be a better wife if she tried. She's my true other half. The other half of my heart.

I can't help but feel like I don't deserve her though.

My depression has really ramped up in the last few months.

Our dog daughter was very unwell for the last 3 months and unfortunately has now died and I feel like it's made me go into a huge slump losing her.

I just want to feel like I have a future but right now I don't at all.

I'm currently undergoing some health tests so that doesn't help but I'm so mentally fucked and exhausted right now.

Life is an odd one.
So sorry for your loss, losing a dog is so heartbreaking. xx
It sounds like things aren't great for you mentally at the moment, make sure to rest and go easy on yourself. xx

It's now 7 months on from my diagnosis and 4 months on from taking a higher dosage of Sertraline. I feel anxious still, still suffer from insomnia but also have extreme tiredness, low motivation and low concentration. I feel better than I did but I definitely don't feel good in myself.

• Heart
It's now 7 months on from my diagnosis and 4 months on from taking a higher dosage of Sertraline. I feel anxious still, still suffer from insomnia but also have extreme tiredness, low motivation and low concentration. I feel better than I did but I definitely don't feel good in myself.
Have you told your dr? Sertraline might not work for you. I tried 100mg and I felt like I was insane!

Also, are you doing anything alongside the pills to help? Counselling? Exercise? Whatever makes your day nicer basically. For me thats what really makes it work!

I say this but atm i have no routine myself at the moment as I got a new job. Im starting small with gratitude reflections and trying to do daily calm on the calm app

• Heart