The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Maid22, I'm okay. I'm glad my musings are entertaining. 😁

As it pertains to the topic of this thread, I'm in the ditch again. I'm in overwhelmed mode. I had problems getting my thyroid meds renewed back in August and it was just one of life's little hurdles that I could usually clear, but was stymied by this time round. To put the cherry on the tit sundae, I get attitude from my GP's receptionist like it is all my fault. 😤Five days without the meds and it is my doing apparently. I had 2 days last week where I didn't want to get out of bed, which was scary. I absolutely HATE it when I retreat. I have my therapist suggesting Wellbutrin as a adjunct and well did that, not doing it again. Depression/anxiety + family + financial issues + usual crap =🤯. Depression is such a time thief.
Am so sorry to hear this, that's so bad you had no medication, don't get me started on gp receptionists, they really think they're something else!
That saying, depression is such a time thief, you're so right, I've lost months of my life where I can't physically get out of bed, but most folks don't understand, that's why I'm glad of this thread. Hope you feel better soon 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi all 👋🏻 I haven’t posted for a while, hope everyone is okay!

Does anyone else have issues with sleeping too much? I literally can’t stop sleeping, I start my day late and go to bed late, I can sleep for 10-12 hours unless someone wakes me up. Sometimes I wake up at 1am and still have to drag myself out of bed. I’m off medication now but it used to make me agitated and I’d sleep very little. Any words of advice for me?

Reactions: 1

Does anyone else have issues with sleeping too much? I literally can’t stop sleeping, I start my day late and go to bed late, I can sleep for 10-12 hours unless someone wakes me up. Sometimes I wake up at 1am and still have to drag myself out of bed. I’m off medication now but it used to make me agitated and I’d sleep very little. Any words of advice for me?
Do you not have work or anything to get up for?

• Angry

This reminds me of how things were for me before I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis

This reminds me of how things were for me before I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
That’s an interesting thought. I’ve been thinking of getting my thyroid checked but I wouldn’t link it to my crazy sleep schedule. Thanks!

Reactions: 2
Not sure why my comment got an angry face. It was a genuine question. If someone didn’t have any structure to their day then they are bound to feel worse.

Depression is kicking my arse at the moment and I have an assignment due Thursday that I haven't even started yet because I've been too demotivated. Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

As I’ve said, I don’t have to go anywhere until after lunch as I work and study in the evening.
I'm exactly the same at the moment. I work and study afternoons and evenings too and end up sleeping for around 12-14 hours and I could sleep a lot more if I didn't have to get up.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Been feeling utterly miserable, for many reasons, and I said to my husband today that I was looking forward to feeling a bit stronger so I could put the Christmas tree up and cheer myself up.

Then I see a post by a friend on Facebook:

"Its been a LONG time since I felt like bricking someones windows....but a fukking XMAS TREE on the 9th of November!! Some people are C**TS"

Made me feel like utter shite for even thinking about it. 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Been feeling utterly miserable, for many reasons, and I said to my husband today that I was looking forward to feeling a bit stronger so I could put the Christmas tree up and cheer myself up.

"Its been a LONG time since I felt like bricking someones windows....but a fukking XMAS TREE on the 9th of November!! Some people are C**TS"

your friend’s post is incredibly OTT just for the mere sight of a christmas tree tbh.

if it’s going to make you happy then do it! i love seeing christmas trees, they just inspire such joy and i love walking into my living room and seeing mine up, you might have inspired me to get it out of the attic 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm the same - just seeing a Christmas tree in someone's window when I'm going past makes me feel warm inside. How can something so harmless fill someone with such rage?

Don’t listen to anyone and put that tree right up if you feel like it! Some people need no reason to get pissy 🤷‍♀️ I’m a big Christmas person, it’s never too early for Christmas decs! 🎄

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is the first Christmas I'm not excited, because I'm missing someone that isn't here anymore. I used to adore Christmas and never understood the people who hated it, but now I get that it might be coming from a place of grief or sadness. No need to be talking about bricking windows though 🙈😅

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

It’s his opinion, he’s entitled… Just don’t invite him around for a few weeks 😜

Does anyone else just completely shut off from others when they’re really low? I wish I could be one of those that gets out there and does things to try to lift their mood. I just don’t want to speak to anyone, friends, family, or colleagues. It’s a downward spiral that’s really hard to get out of.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Does anyone else just completely shut off from others when they’re really low? I wish I could be one of those that gets out there and does things to try to lift their mood. I just don’t want to speak to anyone, friends, family, or colleagues. It’s a downward spiral that’s really hard to get out of.
Yep! All conversations are hard because I don't care about anything. Faking small talk is exhausting.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.