The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not been able to get the gym much recently and it’s really impacting my mood. It’s my only bit of me time but I’m too exhausted from responsibilities. I’m just doing chores, sat at a laptop for 10 hours a day then a couple of hours before bed to eat and “unwind” then repeat. I have small windows for doing things and if I miss them they’ve been missed. Think I’ll need to sort a plan to fix this for next week because it blows my mind how people have weekends full of activities and I’m so drained from the working week I just use it as a time to go at a slower pace. My sleep is rubbish too as I keep waking up two hours before my alarm so I either sleep in or feel exhausted all day 😖

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Things are bad again. I don’t think my medication is working, im on the waiting list for nhs therapy but who knows how long that will take. I domt even know why I’m writing this but I don’t know where else to go. I feel like no one in my life actually cares about me, even my own partner makes me feel like an inconvenience when I feel like this. I’m so stuck. I just don’t know what to do anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Hi, this is my first time posting.
I feel as if I'm really struggling with my depression. My Rheumatoid Arthritis is flaring up and poorly with gallstones and waiting for my gallbladder removed. Currently off work. This scares me as worried about losing my job due to absence and my wages. Sorry for rambling on. I just feel so lost lately. Sending love & strength to everybody ♥

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I feel as if I'm really struggling with my depression. My Rheumatoid Arthritis is flaring up and poorly with gallstones and waiting for my gallbladder removed. Currently off work. This scares me as worried about losing my job due to absence and my wages. Sorry for rambling on. I just feel so lost lately. Sending love & strength to everybody ♥
That’s a lot on your plate you poor thing :( sorry to hear you are unwell physically as well right now - is your doc helpful with managing symptoms, is there things you can take for pain? I had gallbladder issues last year and omg I wouldn’t wish that pain on my worst enemy

Try not to stress about work right now - you need to get better in order to even be of any use at work so that’s your focus right now. Have you checked into qualifying for disability due to your RA?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That’s a lot on your plate you poor thing :( sorry to hear you are unwell physically as well right now - is your doc helpful with managing symptoms, is there things you can take for pain? I had gallbladder issues last year and omg I wouldn’t wish that pain on my worst enemy

Try not to stress about work right now - you need to get better in order to even be of any use at work so that’s your focus right now. Have you checked into qualifying for disability due to your RA?
Thank you for being really lovely. I'm on antidepressants. Tried increasing the dosage but made me feel worse. Some days I feel as if I can deal with things and other days, I feel like everything is too much. I'm on biologic injections for my RA. Codeine for the gallbladder pain. I think because I'm rundown, things have hit me.
I applied for PIP, got rejected without being seen (phone assessment), I appealed and was rejected again.
So sorry you had to suffer with your gallbladder. Sending you love! Hope you are doing better. Both mentally & physically. Grateful for your kindness ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone, I hope it’s okay for me to post in here as I am looking for some advice on my boyfriend who has depression. I’ve been with him 3 years, he has had mental health issues for many years prior, and since I’ve known him there have been ups and downs with it, generally he has seemed ok for the last few months but now he seems to be in a bit of a depressive episode.

As we don’t live together and only see each other on the weekend, we text mainly during the week, he is not always a great communicator, but when he’s like this he becomes so distant and shuts me (and friends etc) out. Today, he was supposed to come see me and go visit my family together and he told me this afternoon he wouldn’t come as he doesn’t feel well (physically, but I presume it’s actually really mentally), this is one of a few times he has bailed on me for these type reasons kinda last minute. I understand/know he can’t help it and try to empathise as much as I can, and always try and let him know how much I care and that I’m here for him, but I feel so hurt when he doesn’t reply to my messages for hours, and usually it’s several days/weeks until he tells me he isn’t feeling good mentally, so it’s hard to distinguish whether he just cba with me or it’s actually because of his mental state. i was really upset today when he bailed, and I told him. deep down I get it and know it’s not his fault, but I can’t help but feel let down. It also doesn’t help that he hates to/wont talk about it in person and doesn’t seem to want to get any help about it.

Am I being selfish by getting upset about it? I don’t want to make it about me but also we’re in a relationship and I feel like he should at least make some effort for me.. but then I feel awful for saying that as I know I don’t truly get what it’s like so maybe I’m being unreasonable. I love him and like I say for many months he seems to have been alright til recently, obviously I don’t know that for sure but as it’s not allllll the time maybe I just have to deal w being affected by it if I want to be with him? I guess I am just looking to vent and any advice for how to cope with being in a relationship like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I haven't posted on this thread for a long time, because well I couldn't face it. But I just wanted to ask if anyone has reported DV a few years after it's happened?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I haven't posted on this thread for a long time, because well I couldn't face it. But I just wanted to ask if anyone has reported DV a few years after it's happened?
Not me and I don't know what country you are in but I know women who have done this.

Look after yourself xoxoxo

Hey lovely xx

It’s never too late to report. If you feel it’s right for you then you should absolutely do it xx

Hey lovely xx

It’s never too late to report. If you feel it’s right for you then you should absolutely do it xx
I think I'm going to need to my son has got worse, I keep asking for help no one is helping his dad Has refused. Yesterday police were called not by myself this time because he kicked off. I'm an idiot and didn't press chargers this time I know I should off but I just couldn't. While the police where here I explained the last few years and the women said did you report the abuse from dad. She said maybe you should. So I think maybe the time is right because his son is becoming him. I am looking into getting a section 20 on my son (he basically goes into care). I won't lie police where brilliant last night when I mentioned to dad my plans for our son and presses chargers on him I was told I need to grow up, I'm and idiot & look in a mirror and how I turn everything round onto him. I'm at my witsend I really am. I feel so alone and just wish I wasn't here tbh 😔

• Heart
I think I'm going to need to my son has got worse, I keep asking for help no one is helping his dad Has refused. Yesterday police were called not by myself this time because he kicked off. I'm an idiot and didn't press chargers this time I know I should off but I just couldn't. While the police where here I explained the last few years and the women said did you report the abuse from dad. She said maybe you should. So I think maybe the time is right because his son is becoming him. I am looking into getting a section 20 on my son (he basically goes into care). I won't lie police where brilliant last night when I mentioned to dad my plans for our son and presses chargers on him I was told I need to grow up, I'm and idiot & look in a mirror and how I turn everything round onto him. I'm at my witsend I really am. I feel so alone and just wish I wasn't here tbh 😔

Read this bit out loud.
None of what has happened is my fault.

I know you don’t believe that. I know it’s been told to you over and over that it is your fault, but it’s not. I promise you that.

You have given your all to helping your son.
You gave years to your ex.

Now it’s time to do what feels right for you ❤

• Heart
Read this bit out loud.
None of what has happened is my fault.

I know you don’t believe that. I know it’s been told to you over and over that it is your fault, but it’s not. I promise you that.

You have given your all to helping your son.
You gave years to your ex.

Now it’s time to do what feels right for you ❤
Right now I don't know what's right my heads a mess the only time I've left the house was to take daughter to school, I was proud I walked the dog but it was hood up, head to the floor and made no eye contact (we go same place every time so talk to regulars) I requested a sick note which i now need too pluck the courage up to collect and hand into work. I hate I'm back here again not even 6months later. The fault of having to relive the abuse makes me feel sick but I know if I don't he would get away with it forever.

• Heart
This is the first Christmas I'm not excited, because I'm missing someone that isn't here anymore. I used to adore Christmas and never understood the people who hated it, but now I get that it might be coming from a place of grief or sadness. No need to be talking about bricking windows though 🙈😅
I started a similar thread. It just reminds me of what I don’t have.

• Heart
I was given citalipram and sertraline I found citalipram better.
When I told NM the doctor put me on anti depressants I had zero support. I was told I was being selfish, making it up for attention, nothing wrong with me, she had a ‘panic’ attack and only she should be taking medication for anxiety 🙄. I can drive a car and I work so therefore have no reason to be anxious.
I’ve never had the support but had to listen to her time and time again, even as a young child about things a young child shouldn’t have to hear to be honest but it was all on my shoulders and the weight was heavy.
Since my last post here I’ve made a conscious effort to do just one thing. Today I’m popping to the local shops. I don’t need much. But I’d never normally do this. I’ve made a list and the shop name too (I find I get anxious if I don’t plan The I panic). But just one small thing...
Wish me luck

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My mental illness is ruining everything. I ruin every good day with my meltdowns, think I’m ruining my long term relationship, everyone around me gets irritated with me. I don’t know what to do anymore. I feel like a waste of space.

• Heart
i didnt even realise this thread existed...ive found my people 😊Ive been taking 100mg of sertraline since april 2021 and it took away my suicidal thoughts.I actually think it prob saved my life .Now im finally evening out on the depression side but im struggling massively with anxiety and stress.Prior to being on sertraline i was on fluoxetine for a while which seemed to work but i got taken off it because i was pregnant .Anyway ,i was just wondering if anyone has found that taking fluoxetine helped with their depression and anxiety and stress.Its the stress thats killing me atm,ive now got physical symptoms that the dr has put down to stress but not offered me anything .I ended up in A&E the other night as my gp was concerned about my symptoms but my xray and bloods were all clear which is great obv but im still in pain

• Heart
I can feel myself going on a downward spiral, also having awful thoughts, really hate feeling like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Signed off work for a little while. Grateful that it’s possible for me to do that, but feeling hopeless about this ever going away.

• Heart
Just wanted to do a quick update. 6 weeks after restarting Citalopram and my mood has improved quite a bit. I wouldn't say it's back to normal, but it's the best it's been since early September. Anxiety is still a real struggle. I'll feel fine and then a panic attack will come out of nowhere. It's so debilitating. I'm on a waiting list for therapy but don't know when that'll happen. I doubt it'll be before Christmas.

How's everyone managing with the darker nights? I know lots of people are affected by that. x

• Heart
Hi everyone, I hope it’s okay for me to post in here as I am looking for some advice on my boyfriend who has depression. I’ve been with him 3 years, he has had mental health issues for many years prior, and since I’ve known him there have been ups and downs with it, generally he has seemed ok for the last few months but now he seems to be in a bit of a depressive episode.

As we don’t live together and only see each other on the weekend, we text mainly during the week, he is not always a great communicator, but when he’s like this he becomes so distant and shuts me (and friends etc) out. Today, he was supposed to come see me and go visit my family together and he told me this afternoon he wouldn’t come as he doesn’t feel well (physically, but I presume it’s actually really mentally), this is one of a few times he has bailed on me for these type reasons kinda last minute. I understand/know he can’t help it and try to empathise as much as I can, and always try and let him know how much I care and that I’m here for him, but I feel so hurt when he doesn’t reply to my messages for hours, and usually it’s several days/weeks until he tells me he isn’t feeling good mentally, so it’s hard to distinguish whether he just cba with me or it’s actually because of his mental state. i was really upset today when he bailed, and I told him. deep down I get it and know it’s not his fault, but I can’t help but feel let down. It also doesn’t help that he hates to/wont talk about it in person and doesn’t seem to want to get any help about it.

Am I being selfish by getting upset about it? I don’t want to make it about me but also we’re in a relationship and I feel like he should at least make some effort for me.. but then I feel awful for saying that as I know I don’t truly get what it’s like so maybe I’m being unreasonable. I love him and like I say for many months he seems to have been alright til recently, obviously I don’t know that for sure but as it’s not allllll the time maybe I just have to deal w being affected by it if I want to be with him? I guess I am just looking to vent and any advice for how to cope with being in a relationship like this.
No you’re not being selfish at all, it’s really hard being with someone who suffers with their mental health.
I’m the same as him I will shut everyone off, not reply to people, I even remove myself from friendship chats, basically because I’m pissed off at the world.
All you can do is be there for him and understand it really isn’t his fault (you seem to know this already). But at the same time, don’t let it be to the detriment of your own mental health either. Xx

Just wanted to do a quick update. 6 weeks after restarting Citalopram and my mood has improved quite a bit. I wouldn't say it's back to normal, but it's the best it's been since early September. Anxiety is still a real struggle. I'll feel fine and then a panic attack will come out of nowhere. It's so debilitating. I'm on a waiting list for therapy but don't know when that'll happen. I doubt it'll be before Christmas.

How's everyone managing with the darker nights? I know lots of people are affected by that. x
Do you take propranolol for the panic attacks? I find they help a lot.
The darker nights are a real struggle, I don’t even understand why, I prefer winter weather, look forward to Christmas etc. but if I could lie in bed from October to March I would x

Hey, have you been waiting long? I had mine out early this year. Was initially scheduled to have if out 8 months earlier but it kept getting cancelled. Hope you can get it out soon.
im worried about my job too, and not being paid. Sounds weird but do you have a pet? My cats are literally the only thing that keep me going xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.