The Depression Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mirtazapine was evil! I couldn’t stop eating carbs, craving toast at bed time etc. I had real munchies on that. Quet and Olanzapine also caused huge weight gain for me.
I currently rattle with the amount I take and although in a real low at the moment I’m hoping it will pass as I can’t face anymore chances as think I’ve tried everything 🤦🏼‍♀️.
Mirtrazapine makes me crave sugar like crazy!! But it does help me sleep. Usually.... (She says, looking at her watch 👀) I've definitely gained weight since going on it. I'm also on Duloxetine, which makes you lose weight initially but then makes you gain it after you've been on it a while. And I've been on it a WHILE, lol.

Reactions: 1
Mirtrazapine makes me crave sugar like crazy!! But it does help me sleep. Usually.... (She says, looking at her watch 👀) I've definitely gained weight since going on it. I'm also on Duloxetine, which makes you lose weight initially but then makes you gain it after you've been on it a while. And I've been on it a WHILE, lol.
Another Duloxetine here 👋. I’ve been on that a fair few years, plus Agomelatine. Yes Mirtazapine was good for sleep, but I couldn’t cope with the munchies. Hope you managed some sleep. x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
None yet, but hopefully soon. Thanks.

Still waiting to hear back about counselling. I just hate this lack of motivation to do anything.

Hope everyone is okay and having a relaxing Sunday 🤍

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with anhedonia? I’m more or less okay at work, but when I am off work/school, I just don’t know what to do with my free time because nothing brings me joy anymore. I try to make myself do stuff I used to enjoy but it’s quite pointless.

• Heart
I keep losing this thread 😭

Tomorrow I’m going to ask my gp about mood stabilisers rather than antidepressants. I’ve been on the for 6 months and feel not different. My moods are up and down and I can go from calm to enraged back to calm within a few hours, it’s stressing me out. My gp isn’t the best though so he’ll probably say no 😢
I’ve got an appointment with my therapist in the morning too, she’s nice but it isn’t helping at all. I’m talking about my past but it’s not helping me now. I don’t know if that’s what is supposed to happen because I have never had therapy before these sessions started.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with anhedonia? I’m more or less okay at work, but when I am off work/school, I just don’t know what to do with my free time because nothing brings me joy anymore. I try to make myself do stuff I used to enjoy but it’s quite pointless.
I had to Google that but I’m the same. My only hobby is the gym. I just can’t concentrate on stuff I want to do (art, learning languages etc). Being active gets the good chemicals going and is better than nothing. Do you enjoy any kind of physical activity?

• Heart

I remember feeling like this at my first office job. I wish I could go back in time and get myself excited about nature preserves. They give me so much life. Having a guide book for local nature and history make it easy to get into the hobby.

• Heart
I keep losing this thread 😭

Tomorrow I’m going to ask my gp about mood stabilisers rather than antidepressants. I’ve been on the for 6 months and feel not different. My moods are up and down and I can go from calm to enraged back to calm within a few hours, it’s stressing me out. My gp isn’t the best though so he’ll probably say no 😢
I’ve got an appointment with my therapist in the morning too, she’s nice but it isn’t helping at all. I’m talking about my past but it’s not helping me now. I don’t know if that’s what is supposed to happen because I have never had therapy before these sessions started.
Hey, I just wanted to say I am sorry to hear that you are struggling, but you are not alone! I know what it feels like, hope you can find a way out. How did your appointments go?
I had to Google that but I’m the same. My only hobby is the gym. I just can’t concentrate on stuff I want to do (art, learning languages etc). Being active gets the good chemicals going and is better than nothing. Do you enjoy any kind of physical activity?
Thank you for your reply ❤ Truth be told, I really hate sports but I go jogging every day. It helps me take my mind off things but I don’t notice any improvement in my mood. I know what you mean about art and languages. There are so many things I want to do/learn but I just don’t enjoy the process. I want instant results, I want to be the best, I can’t settle for less. I know I have unrealistic expectations but it’s such a vicious cycle.
I remember feeling like this at my first office job. I wish I could go back in time and get myself excited about nature preserves. They give me so much life. Having a guide book for local nature and history make it easy to get into the hobby.
This is such a great idea! I actually love nature, I even have a small garden with herbs and flowers. I think I will try to spend more time outside this summer 😊 Thank you!

• Heart
Just had therapy and told her I feel sad and wish I could cry.
I’m not very good at naming my emotions so this was a big deal.

Have psych review this afternoon too.

Honestly feel totally hopeless at the moment. Not as in I’m going to end things but just that I don’t know how I’ll ever be ‘me’ again.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Last few days have be tough I did a econsult today as getting through to the doctors are a nightmare 😔 10 hrs later I get a crappy message.... the kids dad was ment to have them this weekend but apparently had covid (although was in spain a few days b4) couldn't didn't realise when I'm ill there's an option not to parent oh no wait it's tough tits for me... lately I've been missing the guy I was seeing but of course a few months back I found out he was still with his wife and conned me out off a fair bit of money).... gave up dating then randomly started got chatting to someone and have for a while today he said he meet up (he has abit of a kinky side so i was a little wary) anyways I thought you only get one life and with how I've been feeling I thought why not.... then he was sending me messages being quite submissive.... told him they making me anxious he said it be fine anyways... he asked me to unlock the door and wait for his mate to arrive he be there soon..... I was like woah wait a min..... I literally froze to the spot I was shaken up and was in pure fear this guy who I thought wanted to finally meet up had basically arranged a complete stranger to come and shag me.... I feel sick that I've fallen for a bad guy (trust me im wary we spoken for some time now please dont judge) .... why am I so unlovable my ex was right now one will ever want me.... so that's just made how I was feeling 10x worse..... hopefully docs call tomorrow so I can start meds again because I know I need them again.... I just wanna feel normal & happy for once everything is getting on top and I feel like I'm drowning I'm back to making myself sick when I eat or I don't eat because I feel so huge.... i just feel so alone and i just need to be hugged and told i be okay 😭😭😭😭😭

Sorry for the essay no need to respond either I just had to get it out and felt this was the only safe space to do it ❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Last few days have be tough I did a econsult today as getting through to the doctors are a nightmare 😔 10 hrs later I get a crappy message.... the kids dad was ment to have them this weekend but apparently had covid (although was in spain a few days b4) couldn't didn't realise when I'm ill there's an option not to parent oh no wait it's tough tits for me... lately I've been missing the guy I was seeing but of course a few months back I found out he was still with his wife and conned me out off a fair bit of money).... gave up dating then randomly started got chatting to someone and have for a while today he said he meet up (he has abit of a kinky side so i was a little wary) anyways I thought you only get one life and with how I've been feeling I thought why not.... then he was sending me messages being quite submissive.... told him they making me anxious he said it be fine anyways... he asked me to unlock the door and wait for his mate to arrive he be there soon..... I was like woah wait a min..... I literally froze to the spot I was shaken up and was in pure fear this guy who I thought wanted to finally meet up had basically arranged a complete stranger to come and shag me.... I feel sick that I've fallen for a bad guy (trust me im wary we spoken for some time now please dont judge) .... why am I so unlovable my ex was right now one will ever want me.... so that's just made how I was feeling 10x worse..... hopefully docs call tomorrow so I can start meds again because I know I need them again.... I just wanna feel normal & happy for once everything is getting on top and I feel like I'm drowning I'm back to making myself sick when I eat or I don't eat because I feel so huge.... i just feel so alone and i just need to be hugged and told i be okay 😭😭😭😭😭

Sorry for the essay no need to respond either I just had to get it out and felt this was the only safe space to do it ❤
You are not unloveable. The fact that those exes did not love you the way you deserve does not define you. And you’re right, things will get better. It’s hard to believe that when you’re in the thick of it. Loneliness is hard, it magnifies the hurt and feelings. Keep talking, here and with professionals (as frustrating as getting the right help can be).

• Heart
Feeling a bit down in the dumps tonight. It’s been 4 weeks since I had a miscarriage and I think I’m drastically going downhill mood wise 😞 my boyfriend goes out every Tuesday night to darts and I used to be able to have a nice night by myself, relax, watch some tv, I’d be ok but when I’m alone now all I can think about is how sad I am. I’ve battled depression on and off all my life but this just feels so much worse. Like something I don’t think I can get out of. My boyfriend also works late nights some nights and I spend most of those nights crying. He really does take my mind off things but even then when he’s there I know deep down I’m not happy. I’ve been umming and ahhing about ringing my GP and telling them i need help but I keep putting it off. I just feel so alone 😞 I don’t think I’ve ever felt so alone in my life. I feel like no one cares about me and it’s tit

• Heart
  • Sad
Feeling a bit down in the dumps tonight. It’s been 4 weeks since I had a miscarriage and I think I’m drastically going downhill mood wise 😞 my boyfriend goes out every Tuesday night to darts and I used to be able to have a nice night by myself, relax, watch some tv, I’d be ok but when I’m alone now all I can think about is how sad I am. I’ve battled depression on and off all my life but this just feels so much worse. Like something I don’t think I can get out of. My boyfriend also works late nights some nights and I spend most of those nights crying. He really does take my mind off things but even then when he’s there I know deep down I’m not happy. I’ve been umming and ahhing about ringing my GP and telling them i need help but I keep putting it off. I just feel so alone 😞 I don’t think I’ve ever felt so alone in my life. I feel like no one cares about me and it’s tit
Your never alone but I know exactly how you feel hun. Contact you gp and see how you feel after that xx

You are not unloveable. The fact that those exes did not love you the way you deserve does not define you. And you’re right, things will get better. It’s hard to believe that when you’re in the thick of it. Loneliness is hard, it magnifies the hurt and feelings. Keep talking, here and with professionals (as frustrating as getting the right help can be).
No ones ever loved me and tbh I don't care I got head strong & happy to be alone but right now I feel I'm Downing and there is only one way out x

• Heart
@watermelon sugar , from what you've been through and having battled depression, please go see your GP x

[QUOTE="ilovepizza21
No ones ever loved me and tbh I don't care I got head strong & happy to be alone but right now I feel I'm Downing and there is only one way out x
[/QUOTE]
The first person who ever said to me I love you is my oh of many years, never heard it from my 'parents', I get you, I'm so happy to be alone, I hardly see anyone, but I also know that dark place, I've been there a few times, please try to stay strong, just get through tonight x

• Heart
New to this thread, wasn't sure what to do it where to go but feel like it may be okay here. I've been struggling since Feb March time, currently on sick leave from work due to anxiety, stress and depression. I've lost complete motivation and effort to look after myself. I know this seems small but I used to love doing my makeup, fake tan every week so I felt good, do my hair etc. Now I'm lucky if I can be bothered to dry it!! I just don't know how to get out the swing of it, I want to feel good about myself again, I want to show some pride but I don't know how to get out of this hole. I've always excuse myself with "no point doing my makeup to not go to work" or "no point saying my hair when ill wash it in 3 days" like I just need to pull myself out and I feel like I can't. Sorry if this isn't the right place but I just feel so down and crappy about myself and can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have more going on which has caused this but I want to focus on making me feel good first.

If anyone can advise or give me a push with words, that would be really helpful as I can't seem to do it alone

• Heart
New to this thread, wasn't sure what to do it where to go but feel like it may be okay here. I've been struggling since Feb March time, currently on sick leave from work due to anxiety, stress and depression. I've lost complete motivation and effort to look after myself. I know this seems small but I used to love doing my makeup, fake tan every week so I felt good, do my hair etc. Now I'm lucky if I can be bothered to dry it!! I just don't know how to get out the swing of it, I want to feel good about myself again, I want to show some pride but I don't know how to get out of this hole. I've always excuse myself with "no point doing my makeup to not go to work" or "no point saying my hair when ill wash it in 3 days" like I just need to pull myself out and I feel like I can't. Sorry if this isn't the right place but I just feel so down and crappy about myself and can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have more going on which has caused this but I want to focus on making me feel good first.

If anyone can advise or give me a push with words, that would be really helpful as I can't seem to do it alone
Totally understand, have you seen anybody, ie a gp?

• Heart
Totally understand, have you seen anybody, ie a gp?
Kind of, my GP knows about it. Was supposed to be having a call with the GP care Co ordinator this morning to see what sort of support is best for me but she hasn't called yet.... I have a call every 2 weeks with a psychologist from my hospital whilst I'm waiting for her to have free spaces. Then I've been put on the wait list for counselling with the fertility team near me too. So I have support in place but not beginning until August due to wait times, just in that awkward wait phase at the moment.

Kind of, my GP knows about it. Was supposed to be having a call with the GP care Co ordinator this morning to see what sort of support is best for me but she hasn't called yet.... I have a call every 2 weeks with a psychologist from my hospital whilst I'm waiting for her to have free spaces. Then I've been put on the wait list for counselling with the fertility team near me too. So I have support in place but not beginning until August due to wait times, just in that awkward wait phase at the moment.
A lot of us know that awkward waiting phase all too well. You made a huge step checking in with doc and co-ordinating all those appointments, so well done! Don’t be hard on yourself, use this in between time to get plenty of rest. Don’t be as strict on yourself with house work and fake tan etc… if you had an illness bug you wouldn’t be forcing yourself to do it. Mental health problems are an illness so loads of rest is required. 🤍

RE. motivation to get the hair washed/showered etc. i have been in slumps like this before and sometimes it helped to tell myself I just had to turn on the water in the shower, I didn’t have to get in. Usually by the time I was stood there looking at the running water I would choose to get in.

I would also try and seize a moment of motivation in the moment if I had time. i.e if you wake up on a Saturday morning and think ‘yes I’ll do the laundry this afternoon’ I try tell myself I’ll just do it now while I have this burst of motivation and it’ll be even easier!

• Heart

This is definitely the right place hun try gp and go from there. This thread is amazing normally I talk to my best friend but lately I don't talk to anymore but have ranted on here and it does help for a moment.... there are beautiful souls on here often that have been through the same you got this sending hugs 🫂 x

• Heart
TW. SH.

Guys I’m really struggling and I don’t know what to do. I was on aripiprazole for a week and they took me off it, I asked to be put on an alternative (was taken off it bc it was making my tongue twitch involuntarily/couldn’t sleep) I called Friday and they said they’d call back but haven’t I can’t call again anxiety is crippling me. I feel so low, I’ve SH, I feel like a dick. I want to reach out but I just can’t. I just want to not be a ghost. I want to be well. I hate this.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.